Welcome To aBlackWeb

Things you aren't too cool to admit you didn't know

Man, idk. I never thought much about it until she said it.

I remember listening to a podcast and they started dissecting how long why "Dick" is a derivative of Richard

I just remembered some shit....When I was younger my parents made us go to this white church because it was within walking distance to our house. The youth Pastors name was Richard but he had us calling him Pastor Dick.
Sick bastards!

My brother showed me last year that the arrow on the dashboard indicates which side the car’s gas tank door is on.....
fuel_gauge_analog.jpg

now thats some shit I didn't know...

I didn’t know MLB stood for Major League Baseball

The second is after learning about that, I thought special teams in football meant that the guys on that squad had disabilities. Like when the crowd would go Moooooooooose after moose Johnson did something good. I thought they were saying that cause he was deaf and they were saying it loud so he could hear.

802.gif

Didn’t know what hobby lobby was until @ Ap21 told me about it and now I have ordered from there a couple of times

I didn't know Africa was the largest continent until the 7th grade (around 84-85). We had an assembly and the speaker was on some educational shits and showing us slides of shit when she came across a slide of the map showing Africa to be this gargantuan land mass. She then proceeded to tell us that, in fact, Africa was the largest of the continents and the reason we were always shown a map that showed it smaller was because of some old world racist euro-centric white supremacist shit... And this was a white woman telling us this.

That weekend I tried to school my militant stepfather on it and he pulls out a map we used to have on the wall and he was like "... son... you should have ALWAYS known that. "

Good shit people

I'll admit, I didn't know about the gas tank thing until a few years ago.

Also didn't know about the zipper merge method until the last 4 years or so. It's completely changed the way I drive when approaching merging into traffic and infuriates me when others don't do it

I can't leave germs hanging though, before I really got into football, I thought special teams was weird. Can't say I thought it was for people with learning disabilities but I did think it was weird until I learned what it was

Back