Welcome To aBlackWeb

them scientific questions that always bother you.

Now back to the big bang...

A ball of energy in infinite space.
How long was it there?
How did it get there?
Did something fuck with it to make it explode?
Its hard to think a massive ball of energy in infinite nothingness just decided to explode with no other force provoking it. Like a internal reaction maybe? But again why? There had to be a start.

There has yet to be an answer to this question. We know there was a start, because the expansion, and cosmic microwave background, prove this.

Scientist dislike this idea, because in order for there to be a beginning, there has to be a beginner. What is that beginner? It’s unknown.

But, if you peep the first words of the Bible, it’s the only religious text to tell you, “in the beginning” and that means the writer of that sentence somehow knew there was a beginning, during a time (until 1929) everyone thought the universe was eternal. (the Bible also states the Universe is ‘stretching’)

Don’t be confused that this answers the question and therefore science isn’t necessary because God. Science can still do its thing.

This goes back to understanding scalability and what the size of such a ball could have been.
And within what we know as space.
So only two objects.
This had to be before the existence of time. Or maybe not.
Since it is the measurement of then and now. So time could only begin when everything started.
But if it was nothing....would we still have time?

nothing cannot come from nothing, not even in laboratories that our scientists work in... they still have to create billion dollar machines and recreate conditions in order to make anything happen, and it only happens w an intelligent mind behind it, aka the scientist.

but yes, time came into existence when the Big Bang occurred, outside of that, it didn’t exist, but something gave way for that “singularity” to combust into all the materials and laws we know today

***making a correction on my 1929 comment

Georges LeMaître, a catholic priest, was the first to present that the Universe was expanding, this was in 1927, two years before Hubble actually discovers this fact. Hubble observes the fact that the Universe is expanding in 1927, and it wasn’t until the discovery of the CMB in 1965 did they finally confirm the Universe had a beginning.

turn a light on in a room, it’s instant, turn it off, darkness is instant, so in that sense, they’re both the same speed.

but there is instances where darkness is faster than light..

i woulda said the same thing but id like to add.

dark is not something that is manipulated by outside forces like light is.
Light is a particle.....dark is the absence of that particle. so i would assume it would be the same if uninterrupted.

***making a correction on my 1929 comment

Georges LeMaître, a catholic priest, was the first to present that the Universe was expanding, this was in 1927, two years before Hubble actually discovers this fact. Hubble observes the fact that the Universe is expanding in 1927, and it wasn’t until the discovery of the CMB in 1965 did they finally confirm the Universe had a beginning.
to say its expanding because its moving doesnt mean its expanding unless its going in a certain direction which can then narrow a starting point.
and even that proves nothing.

if four people run in opposite directions......you can almost tell the starting point if you know their speed, but that doesnt mean outside is expanding.
its just people moving.

so is everything moving in the same direction?
and if you use the moon moving from the earth theory.....can gravity just get weaker over time? thus giving the illusion that something is expanding because we dont fully understand? sounds like the theory has leaks.

and if its expanding....whats filling the void? hows it moving? whats propelling it? whats pushing it? it is inertia from the original big bang? is it solar winds? are we being sucked or pulled towards something or pushed from something?

what ? yall thought yall was gonna shut me up with a few articles? answers lead to more questions.
i can do this all day.
this is how my brain works.

to say its expanding because its moving doesnt mean its expanding unless its going in a certain direction which can then narrow a starting point.
and even that proves nothing.

it’s expanding at all directions, evenly... there’s about the same amount of galaxies in all directions..

if four people run in opposite directions......you can almost tell the starting point if you know their speed, but that doesnt mean outside is expanding.
its just people moving.

we cannot see past a certain point yet w our tech so we can’t see beyond what’s outside the universe, it’s expanding outwards but into what? there’s all sorts of theories, nothing answers it to an absolute

so is everything moving in the same direction?
and if you use the moon moving from the earth theory.....can gravity just get weaker over time? thus giving the illusion that something is expanding because we dont fully understand? sounds like the theory has leaks.

what theory? that it’s expanding? that’s not a theory in the sense u think it is, it’s a fact.

and if its expanding....whats filling the void? hows it moving? whats propelling it? whats pushing it? it is inertia from the original big bang? is it solar winds? are we being sucked or pulled towards something or pushed from something?

dunno. lol I’d have to do some more research

what ? yall thought yall was gonna shut me up with a few articles? answers lead to more questions.
i can do this all day.
this is how my brain works.

not at all, we are have a good conversation, I’m not looking to shut anyone up. this helps me learn, too..

The face on Mars is actually not fake per say, but an illusion. Our brains are trained to see faces and figures. What we see is nothing but hills and shadows which created the face on Mars. There’s yet to be life found on Mars but they do know water has once flowed there. They not only have evidence of the skeletal rivers and lakes but they have found what they call “blueberries”, they’re iron balls that form in water and they’re here on Earth found in ancient rivers and lake beds that used to contain water. Where there’s water, there is life, and Mars is known to once have had an atmosphere, were the conditions precise for life before it lost its atmosphere? We don’t know. All these years on Mars and life has yet to be found.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they found bacteria on Mars a couple of years ago? Or traces of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they found bacteria on Mars a couple of years ago? Or traces of it.

not to my knowledge, I did a google search also and nothing came up.. the recent discovery I think was water.. but there is the ingredients on Mars needed for life but even a simple form has yet to be discovered on Mars.

not to my knowledge, I did a google search also and nothing came up.. the recent discovery I think was water.. but there is the ingredients on Mars needed for life but even a simple form has yet to be discovered on Mars.
i think the discovery was ice.

ok.....the moon moving from the earth may be a fact...something like 4cm a year or whatever......but that does no prove expansion. that proves movement.

the continents was once pangea....but broke apart and every year they move more....doesnt prove expansion. just movement.

expansion
the action of becoming larger or more extensive.
"the rapid expansion of suburban London"
synonyms:growth, increase in size, enlargement, extension, augmentation, development, evolution;More

• the political strategy of extending a state's territory by encroaching on that of other nations.
    "German expansion in the 1930s"
  • a thing formed by the enlargement or broadening of something.
    "the book is an expansion of a lecture given last year"
    synonyms:elaboration, enlargement, amplification, development;
    embellishment
    "the book is an expansion of a lecture given last year"

so are we talking about movement?
in the presence or lack thereof of gravity?

if the earth gravity is getting weaker the monn would move away..
if the suns gravity gets weaker ...the planets move away.....but what if mars' gravity is getting stronger thus cause a ripple in the moons orbit? this doesnt prove expansion.

and if we are speaking on the movements of other galaxies......in every whicha way....is that really expansion or chaos? chaotic or random movement is not something nature does for one and two .....chaotic movement doesnt prove expansion unless its in the same direction less gravitational pull for an outside force.

i hear what you are saying about outside our telescopic reach....but we cant rest on fact, if thats the case. alot of what i hear is assuming with limited knowledge. not for anyone here per se.....just from the scientific world.

i know all about theory since i would in labs and see testing and what not.....but we are still very clueless about the scope of the universe and theory are always correct until proven wrong. but its ok...im happy with growth.

shit people still think math is absolute when its based on simplified formulas to make us comfortable. so how can we use this same math as a point to measure expansion? i might be a bit off on this one...but not by much.

so this is based on accurate depth perception?
and also based on the speed of light as we know it in our personal vacuum with no galactic interruptions?

we really dont know if light(proton) begins to break down after certain things we dont know about

let me think about the rest.

couldnt sleep yesterday...and was thinking.

for those that say the universe is expanding and the proof is that the planets are moving further about based on two systems position and how the space between them grows.

so i thought...

i was walking down the street and notice two poles on each side of the street.
from a distance they seemed close.....but the closer i got the further apart they grow.

but did that mean the street was expanding or did it mean i was getting closer and based on my position the distance made things seem closer together until i got closer and they was far apart.

so are we moving towards these systems and it gives us the illusion that we are they are moving apart?

and what is holding us into place?
while i know we are trapped into the suns gravity.....what is the sun floating on?

are we falling? are we rising? or are we just floating? floating in what? space?
so like one the the videos posted in this thread...we are surrounded by dark matter.

so is dark matter heavier than the sun and we are just buoyant within the loosely connected atoms?

space doesnt exist. or at least the space that we've been taught as a society.
ummmm.

welcome to the thread and all but ..you cant just say this and leave it out there.

how doesnt it exist? or better yet who can prove it doesnt exist.

I always wanted to know how weird time changes feel for astronauts n shit.

Like does 5 mins up there really be like 5 hours down here

and this is a question thats often asked.

this is why i question time because its not consistent and it can be bent

@DOS_patos

If u find the time i would suggest watching Brian Cox interviews on the Joe Rogan pod.

Joe asks him these questions and he breaks them down simple enough. Gems dropped throughout.

@DOS_patos

If u find the time i would suggest watching Brian Cox interviews on the Joe Rogan pod.

Joe asks him these questions and he breaks them down simple enough. Gems dropped throughout.

thank you sir.....
i am very familiar with dude.and i will check it out shortly

The stretching out of time predicted by Einstein's theories of relativity is known to occur on cosmic scales, such as near a black hole or with a speeding galaxy. But now researchers have measured the effects of relativity on a smaller scale.

Physicists used extremely accurate atomic clocks to calculate how time flows more slowly the closer someone is to Earth. The researchers found that even a height difference of around 1 foot (33 centimeters) causes a measurable change in the passing of time. For example, if one twin spent 79 years living at an altitude 1 foot higher than her sister, the first twin would end up approximately 90 billionths of a second older, the researchers found.

The scientists measured this by using super-sensitive clocks, each made of a single charged aluminum atom that vibrates between two energy levels over a million billion times per second. They placed one clock at a higher elevation in the lab than the other, and found, just as Einstein predicted, that the higher clock ran slightly faster than the lower clock. [Read about Einstein and 9 other mad scientists.]

"You need to have really high accuracy to be able to tell the difference that a small height change is going to make on the tick rate of your clocks," said study leader James Chin-Wen Chou of the National Institute of Standards and Technology. "So I would say that although our clocks can clearly see it, people won't feel any difference."

This so-called "time-dilation" effect is a consequence of Einstein's theory of general relativity, which posits that the gravity of a massive body – such as the Earth – warps the space-time around it, causing the flow of time to speed up or slow down depending on its distance from the mass. (Time is theorized to slow down the closer one gets to the massive body.)

Another discovery of Einstein's – so-called special relativity – revealed that time also appears to flow slower for a person standing still from the perspective of one who is moving. The researchers were able to verify this, too, by taking two identical atomic clocks and set one in motion so it moved in oscillations back and forth in the lab at a rate of several meters per second. That clock ticked at a slightly slower rate than the second clock, as predicted by relativity.

"We have to discard the concept of absolute time," Chou said.

Though the scientists didn't have much doubt that the theories would hold up on these scales, it's important to show that clocks can now detect such small relativistic effects, he said.

"At end of the 19th century people were saying physics was pretty complete, until precision measurements came into play and showed that some theories are making predictions that don't agree with measurements ,and then we realize we don't understand nature," Chou told LiveScience.

The theory of special relativity, as well as some aspects of quantum mechanics, were born out of these earlier tests, he said.

The researchers reported their findings in the Sept. 24 issue of the journal Science.

The Universe expanding is an observable fact. This is seen through the light traveling through space. The wavelengths are redder the further they are, those same galaxies observed years later are even redder, telling us the Universe is expanding. The galaxies themselves are not. Imagine them on a fabric, again, quarters or raisins, and they’re always in the same position, the fabric is stretching, not the galaxy, and the fabric is the one expanding, pulling everything away from each other. The red wavelengths are how we measure this.

As for what’s doing this, it’s unknown. It’s theorized, for now, that it is dark energy. Gravity would have caused the Universe to collapse in on itself.

Back