Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

I should've added a poll to the thread when i made it. At some point it became cool to shit on Stringer Bell, but his method was better than Avon's.

Putting the drug money into legitimate businesses/the Co-op >>>> Going to war with crews over territory until the end of time.

They had legitimate businesses to wash their money already

Stringer wanted to be Donald Trump and got robbed in the process then killed before he could do anything about

Orlando's bar and the kinko's print shop wasn't shit. The projects that String was working on were large enough for them to fallback from the drug game.

Every businessman gets hustled at some point, that's just part of the game. Davis hustled way more people than Stringer on the show.

I'm not saying String was without fault, I'm just saying his overall plan was better.

I should've added a poll to the thread when i made it. At some point it became cool to shit on Stringer Bell, but his method was better than Avon's.

Putting the drug money into legitimate businesses/the Co-op >>>> Going to war with crews over territory until the end of time.

Stringer plan wasn't bad but his execution was what got him killed. He thought he was smarter than the people around him instead of appreciating the strengths they brought

It wasn't even about money with Avon, he let his pride and ego get in the way. Him and String was still making a lot of money to go with Stringer's way but he a gangster and that's all he knows. Marlo wasn't even a threat so there wasn't no need to go messing with him

Like Avon said, Stringer wasn't gangster enough for the game and wasn't smart enough for the business world. Stringer was on the verge of bringing everything down before he actually did by trying to put a hit on a political figure.

Stringer wasn’t even smart enough to try to figure out who Prop Joe connect was

Him hooking yo w the Greeks would have prolly brought him the legitimacy he wanted

Y'all giving String too much credit.
Business wise - got hustled by Clay. Then got sloppy trying to get him hit by Slim instead of doing his homework first or taking his L.
Street wise - tried to put Mouzone and Omar against each other. Avon gets put in a tough position by giving him up. Question is would Avon had given String up if String didn't admit to killing D'Angelo.

Y'all giving String too much credit.
Business wise - got hustled by Clay. Then got sloppy trying to get him hit by Slim instead of doing his homework first or taking his L.
Street wise - tried to put Mouzone and Omar against each other. Avon gets put in a tough position by giving him up. Question is would Avon had given String up if String didn't admit to killing D'Angelo.
Yes ….. this wasn’t bout String …. Avon gave String up for Avon

He could have gotten String killed anytime if he wanted revenge

The show showed Stringer was wrong literally at every turn.

He tried to run the crew like a business, then flips out on Poot, snaps into gangster mode and undermines his own thing.

He tried to run his business like a gangster, bribing folks and cutting corners and got rain made, then doubled down by trying to assassinate Davis before getting sat down by Avon.

He tried to run the co-op like a business by trying to school Marlo instead of taking him out. Marlo took that as a sign of weakness and went directly at Stringer.

He is always shown to be wrong in explicit detail. Like it's not a debate, the show spells it out over and over (and over...) again. He is a colossal fuck up who loses in business (getting his money took and getting nothing in return) and loses in the game by getting shot up by 2 people he had tried to play.

That he ends up shot to death in his own building, his 2 world's having collapsed on themselves should be evidence enough but people see what they want to see.

Last edited:
Stringer wasn’t wrong for any of it… just didn’t see all the angles

What did Carlito say? Once u no longer seeing all the angles it’s a wrap

You see how proud Avon was when he realized what Marlo was doing w the plug?

If String would have approached Avon like that

I still think String had the right plan and poor execution.

Avon is the reason the crew was struggling to begin with.

He ordered the hit on Orlando that landed him in jail. That caused him to lose the connect. Avon's ego would rather the crew have the territory with no product than to work with a competitor like Prop Joe.

The only reason String got caught up with brother mouzone was cuz he had to go behind Avon's back to cut a deal with Prop to get work. It was either that or starve.

Yall give Avon a pass for a lot of bullshit.

I still think String had the right plan and poor execution.

Avon is the reason the crew was struggling to begin with.

He ordered the hit on Orlando that landed him in jail. That caused him to lose the connect. Avon's ego would rather the crew have the territory with no product than to work with a competitor like Prop Joe.

The only reason String got caught up with brother mouzone was cuz he had to go behind Avon's back to cut a deal with Prop to get work. It was either that or starve.

Yall give Avon a pass for a lot of bullshit.
He "had" to go behind Avon's back.

:hahaha:

Back