Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

I’m not talking about corners I’m talking about the product and the reason why stringer and Avon had beef in the first place
Avon lost the NY connect when he went to jail.
But they still sent brother

When brother came back he told Avon the line was still open if he gives up Stringer.

So as far as Avon was considered he didn't need Joe.

Not to mention that the Greek fucked with Avon on the low anyway as evident when Marlo tried to meet up in jail.

So no matter how you look at it, Joe was never a threat to Avon.

Marlo only grew cuz stringer wasnt a war time boss and let Marlo keep corners Avon never would have allowed if he was home

When brother came back he told Avon the line was still open if he gives up Stringer.

Not to mention that the Greek fucked with Avon on the low anyway as evident when Marlo tried to meet up in jail.

Marlo only grew cuz stringer wasnt a war time boss and let Marlo keep corners Avon never would have allowed if he was home

With your rep in tact, you have AN OPEN LINE TO NEW YORK, WITHOUT IT YOU'RE DONE...

Avon knew the beef with Marlo was going to take him off prop Joe package, but if he gave up string to brother... New York still was open.

It's all connected. Drugs. Dope. Open line means open line

Bruh, Brother Mouzone and the Dominicans Avon was get his drugs from had no connection, other than being from NY.

And they never gave any inclination that Brother had any dealings w/ wholeselling drugs either, other than being a hitta for drug dealers.

If Brother supposedly had some drug connect to supply Avon's organization, why didn't Avon just do that in season 2 when he contracted Brother to run off them Eastside niggas?

Last edited:
One interesting thing about Omar is that the creators had a moral dilemma that Omar was so loved by fans and scene as some urban robin hood.

He is a murderer at the end of the day.

That's why they had that scene with Bunk and Omar.

Funny when Omar was killed by Kennard 2 strange things happened.

1. They put the wrong name tag on his body at the morg

2. They didn't have no space left in the paper to talk about the murder.

The writers purposely made a point that Omar ain't no mythical character. He's just another player in the game that got killed.

The faces change, the names change. But the game remains the same.

Life goes on.

Prop joe had to act like he never met Omar before when all 3 of them met up

nigga said “you ever cross me I’ll kill your whole family” then chuckles

one of the funniest moments for me

Prop joe had to act like he never met Omar before when all 3 of them met up

nigga said “you ever cross me I’ll kill your whole family” then chuckles

one of the funniest moments for me
Prolly knew Omar was snitching low key or at least that they were investigating Barksdale and them Prop Joe was getting indictments docs before anyone

If y'all ain't pick up that brother was from the same people who were originally supplying Avon...I don't know how to help y'all....

When Avon asked about the new York connect in season 2 they told him they wasn't gonna supply him but they'll send brother instead.

When brother came back down he said your line to new York still open.

Either y'all don't wanna see it...

Or y'all just don't understand the shit...

But it was clear as fuck to me....I just watched the shit.

What you think his muscle was for? It's all connected

If y'all ain't pick up that brother was from the same people who were originally supplying Avon...I don't know how to help y'all....

When Avon asked about the new York connect in season 2 they told him they wasn't gonna supply him but they'll send brother instead.

That’s 2 different convos believe there was no mention of Brother when Donnwtte is talking to Avon in season 2 ep 1 but I’ll double check

Like understand this

"Without your reputation you're done"

That's what he means by a line. If brother goes back to NY and Avon didn't give up string

He's done.

Considering he did. If Avon came back up there for anything... including a connect.. His reputation was still sitting strong with NY

Avon didn't know the Greek and his people at that time, he only met them while he was locked up after season 3 when his run was over.

Bruh think about what you just typed.

The drug connect wasn't gonna supply them w/ their drugs anymore due to them not fully trusting Avon's crew because of the cases they were catching.

But Avon was more than welcome to use their muscle & killers?...... :niggawhat:

Back