Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

All in the game yo

but I always wondered if Levy s contact at the courthouse led to Wallace getting body bagged

what contact? I mean maybe

But Since I seen the ep earlier

levy’s conversation with stringer and Avon led to them tying up loose ends and one of those loose ends was Wallace

what contact? I mean maybe

But Since I seen the ep earlier

levy’s conversation with stringer and Avon led to them tying up loose ends and one of those loose ends was Wallace
In season 5 they explain that Levy had the homie in the courthouse on the payroll so Levy had access to sealed indictments as soon as they were filed......

After prop joe got killed they found a whole bunch of sealed indictments papers at his crib

In season 5 they explain that Levy had the homie in the courthouse on the payroll so Levy had access to sealed indictments as soon as they were filed......

After prop joe got killed they found a whole bunch of sealed indictments papers at his crib
I’m on season 2 ep 3 of the rewatch but yeah that makes sense though

The people directly involved in the NY drug trade (in terms of supplying the product) were just waiting to hear back from Brother about how Avon was going to handle the Stringer situation.

How did you come to this conclusion if you already admit Brother & the Dominicans had no connection?

Why would the Dominicans care if he do or didn't "do right" by brother?

How did you come to this conclusion if you already admit Brother & the Dominicans had no connection?

Why would the Dominicans care if he do or didn't "do right" by brother?

Brother's well-respected in New York.

Basically, everybody in the business knows each other.

Just like in season 3 when Brother was asking Vincent about Omar.

Vincent isn't connected to Omar, but he knows who he is.

When Brother asked him:

"Are you down with this nigga?"

Vincent said something to the effect of:

"No, but you can't be in the game and not know who he is."

Similar situation with Brother and New York.

When Omar shot Brother and Brother went back to NY, word got back to New York and they knew what went down and why.

Now, whether Brother told them directly or it spread by word-of-mouth.......they found out because, well.....again.....they're all in the game.

It's just like if someone you know and respect doesn't fuck with somebody..........chances are you're not gonna fuck with them either.

If for no other reason than the fact that you know how that person gets down and that.......9 times outta 10......if they're not fucking with somebody...........it must be for good reason and you'd be wise to follow suit.

That's what this whole situation with Brother is really about.

We can even break it down to @Duwop being well-respected in his neighborhood.

Like when some younguns were blocking his driveway or something and they realized it was his house, they moved their car out of the way because of Du's standing in the community.

Now, from what I understand, DU wasn't connected to those dudes in any way.........but they just had that level of respect for him to move their car.

Same/similar dynamic with Brother and New York.

When Omar shot Brother and Brother went back to NY, word got back to New York and they knew what went down and why.

That's not true at all.

Brother may have had his suspensions but he didn't know what actually happened til he confronted Omar. If knew there was a set up, when he got back to NY. Then this scene would be pointless....

If Brother knew from the jump he was set up by Sringer, it would just be the barbershop scene.

Put it like this:

You're right..........and you're wrong.

What you said was true about Brother Mouzone, but only in the sense that.........if he wasn't doing business with Avon.........nobody in New York was going to do business with Avon either.

You're wrong because Brother wasn't directly connected to the drug trade other than as protection/security.

The people directly involved in the NY drug trade (in terms of supplying the product) were just waiting to hear back from Brother about how Avon was going to handle the Stringer situation.

Basically, when Brother went to see Avon in the Barber Shop, he was just acting as a messenger/intermediary between Avon and the "powers-that-be" in New York.

Meaning, it was never going to be Brother's decision about whether or not New York chose to deal with Avon.

His role was solely to relay the message back to New York about what Avon decided to do with Stringer.

So, again, you're right in the sense that Brother's situation with Avon would determine whether or not New York would do business with Avon in the future.......but wrong in your belief that Brother himself had the power to make that call.

theres no implication brother and the connect are related

just because Avon has a network in NY doesn’t mean they are in each other’s

brother was speaking for Brother. String violated, he’s getting dealt with. You can respect it or stand with him

brother holds enough weight that if he say they not good business, business not being done with them

you're right in the sense that Brother's situation with Avon would determine whether or not New York would do business with Avon in the future.......
Brother all but said he would vouch for Avon upon return.....

I know what I'm talking about.... They act like brother word ain't solid in NY

Brother saying Avon solid opens up his NY dope line once prop Joe cuts him off for blowing Marlo up with a rocket launcher....

brother was speaking for Brother. String violated, he’s getting dealt with. You can respect it or stand with him

brother holds enough weight that if he say they not good business, business not being done with them

Exactly

That's exactly what I said.

Which is that they're not connected in the way that you're implying.

They're only connected in the sense that they're both a part of the NY drug game.

That's not true at all.

Brother may have had his suspensions but he didn't know what actually happened til he confronted Omar. If knew there was a set up, when he got back to NY. Then this scene would be pointless....

If Brother knew from the jump he was set up by Sringer, it would just be the barbershop scene.

You're forgetting that Brother didn't approach Avon until after he talked to Omar......not before.

Brother all but said he would vouch for Avon upon return.....

I know what I'm talking about.... They act like brother word ain't solid in NY

Brother saying Avon solid opens up his NY dope line once prop Joe cuts him off for blowing Marlo up with a rocket launcher....

The whole thing was about Brother telling Avon his word and rep would no longer be any good in New York unless he gave up String.

That entails everything that he might ever need NY for in terms of product, security, muscle, etc.

The only contention I had with what you said was your belief that it was specifically about the product.

Basically, it wasn't just about the product...........it was about everything.

Brother wasn't working directly with everybody in New York.....it was (like you said) Brother's word and reputation in New York that carried weight.

Brother's strictly an independent contractor, so he's not directly tied to any specific organization in NY.

I don’t think Brother told niggas in NYC that it was Omar in BMore who gunned him up and clapped him quick

Nah, he probably told them that the Barksdale organization was in disarray because one hand (Avon) doesn't know what the other hand(Stringer) was doing.

Essentially saying that you can't take Avon's word at face value because he doesn't know about everything that Stringer's doing behind his back.

Back