Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

Oh shit I forgot about that. Even though Omar did that it was against his enemy but Stringer doing it against his best friend is way worse
Lmao you defending snitching a bit too much for my liking

nigga said “he only pointed the cops to bird and his gun and where he be at and then testified in court one time!”

I felt Omar getting popped by Kenard was interesting. Here's a guy that achieved kinda folk hero status in the streets to some and was the Boogeyman to others. Yet he doesn't go out in a blaze of glory. Not at all. Headshotted by some kid in corner store.
It was poetic in a way....

Omar always sees people before they see him.... He always caught them completely off guard.. Watching them, hunting them
.. Even when they were completely unaware.... And attacks before they can defend themselves most times

He went out the same way

Lmao you defending snitching a bit too much for my liking

nigga said “he only pointed the cops to bird and his gun and where he be at and then testified in court one time!”
But stringer brought a whole criminal operation down because he was upset at his boy for telling him he wasn't built for the streets anymore. I'm just saying one was worse than the other

I think dope had something to do with it.

Cuz remember NY dudes came to bmore season 4. And they picked east side..... The same niggaz that mouzone already had shook

I don't think that had anything to do w/ AVon/Brother Mouzone or NY connect.

It was more, from the show perspective, a plot device to build Prop Joe's & Marlo's relationship

And also it's the show using "art imitating life" w/ NY dealers coming south to move work. ie. Alpo in DC

But stringer brought a whole criminal operation down because he was upset at his boy for telling him he wasn't built for the streets anymore. I'm just saying one was worse than the other
And no stringer needed Avon out the way because his methods at that point in the organization were bad for business

I don't think that had anything to do w/ AVon/Brother Mouzone or NY connect.

It was more, from the show perspective, a plot device to build Prop Joe's & Marlo's relationship

And also it's the show using "art imitating life" w/ NY dealers coming south to move work. ie. Alpo in DC
Bruh, he didn't need NY for anything when he was home.... Other than a connect in the event of shit going left with prop Joe... Which was exactly what was in play...

He didn't reach out to ny to defend his corners after he got knocked... They was Marlo's... So the muscle angle is gone. Avon is war minded... He didn't need that back up... Once he was home him and Charles had it...

The only thing he needed it would have needed from NY was product after he burned bridges with the co-op....which again he was actively doing

Their time was up anyways as they were being squeezed out by joe if not for stringer
Naw, Charles had eyes on Marlo... And Avon was heading there with grenades and fucking rocket launchers.... The nigga was nuts...

The only reason they had the stash house was cuz of string.

The only person they had on the wire was string.

And giving up string would have set Avon up to get dope again with NY

String fucked all that up cuz he got played by Clay Davis and Avon rubbed in his face he too ghetto for the corporate world and too soft for the streets

Come to think of it, you know what's nutty about Kenard killing Omar? Seeing him limp around removed all the mysticism and made him look weak right.. but had he known what transpired and what Omar pulled off to survive that ambush, Kenard probably would've idolized him instead. When the legend exceeds the man in the physical..

Naw, Charles had eyes on Marlo... And Avon was heading there with grenades and fucking rocket launchers.... The nigga was nuts...

The only reason they had the stash house was cuz of string.

The only person they had on the wire was string.

And giving up string would have set Avon up to get dope again with NY

String fucked all that up cuz he got played by Clay Davis and Avon rubbed in his face he too ghetto for the corporate world and too soft for the streets
What I’m saying is even if marlo wasn’t there, prop joe was still there

Avon coming to kill marlo was before joe got killed I believe

Bruh, he didn't need NY for anything when he was home.... Other than a connect in the event of shit going left with prop Joe... Which was exactly what was in play...

The only thing he needed it would have needed from NY was product after he burned bridges with the co-op....which again he was actively doing

Slim, Avon had no drug connect in NY. It was lost in season 1 and confirmed in season 2 when Stringer met w/ ol boy's lawyer and he told him in a around about way that they wasn't fuckn w/ them no more.

I think you coming to this "Avon reestablishing his NY drug connect" cause he mumbled about the "Prop Joe package(pause)" when Brother met up w/ him at the barber shop. That was just Avon thinking out loud at how him, Stringer, & Brother Mouzone got to that point.

Remember in the scene where Stringer come cleans about D'Angelo, it starts off w/ String being mad at escalating war between Marlo & Avon. And Prop Joe threatening to cut them out, if Avon still had any NY drug connect he most likely would have had it reestablished when he got out. But he didn't cuz there was no NY connect to be had.

Slim, Avon had no drug connect in NY. It was lost in season 1 and confirmed in season 2 when Stringer met w/ ol boy's lawyer and he told him in a around about way that they wasn't fuckn w/ them no more.

I think you coming to this "Avon reestablishing his NY drug connect" cause he mumbled about the "Prop Joe package(pause)" when Brother met up w/ him at the barber shop. That was just Avon thinking out loud at how him, Stringer, & Brother Mouzone got to that point.

Remember in the scene where Stringer come cleans about D'Angelo, it starts off w/ String being mad at escalating war between Marlo & Avon. And Prop Joe threatening to cut them out, if Avon still had any NY drug connect he most likely would have had it reestablished when he got out. But he didn't cuz there was no NY connect to be had.
That's what he offered up Stringer for bruh...

I just watched the shit the other day.... Brother made it clear he could still come to NY for whatever if he gave up Stringer

He says it clear as fucking day

With your rep in tact, you have AN OPEN LINE TO NEW YORK, WITHOUT IT YOU'RE DONE...

Avon knew the beef with Marlo was going to take him off prop Joe package, but if he gave up string to brother... New York still was open.

It's all connected. Drugs. Dope. Open line means open line

Back