Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

Thanks for your reply, but I looked at that scene over and over again. Avon and crew are parked at the corner, enjoying some fast food one of his crew members just delivered. Marlo’s crew are on the other side of the street watching them. A lady or streetwalker passes by, looking both ways as she crosses the street. She didn’t exit the car, acknowledge the Barksdale crew or do anything out of the ordinary. I couldn’t even tell if this was Dion or just some round-the-way-girl. I think Marlo killed all new ‘contacts” just to eliminate any suspicion. He’s a psychopath.

The lady crossing the street is Dion, as she was to meet Marlo at that spot before she "left town". And with her constantly looking back at the truck and them throwing the food wrapper out the window, Chris knew something was up.

The lady crossing the street is Dion, as she was to meet Marlo at that spot before she "left town". And with her constantly looking back at the truck and them throwing the food wrapper out the window, Chris knew something was up.
Look at the scene again. She wasn’t constantly looking back at the truck—she was looking both ways to cross the street. Plus Avon wouldn’t have somebody simp enough to constantly I.d. Them like that. This wasn’t a meet, and nobody makes contact with the other. Whatever she was to them, they left on the cutting room floor. They never mentioned her before, nor was she ever seen working with that crew. That just looks like a taller, slimmer, lightskin stroller crossing the street.

Thanks for your reply, but I looked at that scene over and over again. Avon and crew are parked at the corner, enjoying some fast food one of his crew members just delivered. Marlo’s crew are on the other side of the street watching them. A lady or streetwalker passes by, looking both ways as she crosses the street. She didn’t exit the car, acknowledge the Barksdale crew or do anything out of the ordinary. I couldn’t even tell if this was Dion or just some round-the-way-girl. I think Marlo killed all new ‘contacts” just to eliminate any suspicion. He’s a psychopath.
she looked at the car they was in..in a way that said she knows someone is in the car.
thats why they rode by and shot into the car

who else thinks that Brother from New York was an undercover homosexual? And who here thinks that Brother Mauzone was “intellectual” just because he wore a bow tie, was part of the Nation, and read business journals?

she looked at the car they was in..in a way that said she knows someone is in the car.
thats why they rode by and shot into the car
They rode by and shot into the car because Marlo’s crew found them. Don’t you know anything about the Wire? They were gang warlords and drug kings. They were all outside of a restaurant that Avon’s driver had just patronized, while Snoop, a member of Marlo’s crew was sitting inside eating. She goes outside and alerts her crew that they are there. That’s how they got them. It had nothing to do with the hoe crossing the street.

They rode by and shot into the car because Marlo’s crew found them. Don’t you know anything about the Wire? They were gang warlords and drug kings. They were all outside of a restaurant that Avon’s driver had just patronized, while Snoop, a member of Marlo’s crew was sitting in, eating. She goes outside and alerts her crew that they are there. That’s how they hot them. It had nothing to do with the hoe crossing the street.

Marlo's people were suspicious that they got their food and didn't drive off then when the girl walked up and kept looking at the SUV Chris was certain who they were
and acted on it.

Mousone was from the Fruit of Islam....he definitely wasn’t a batty boi....his lackey was hilarious
Yes, he was. Listen to how he talks down to his driver (who isn’t gay) about going into that bar. The guy sticks out like a sore thumb in that place, and Brother enjoys putting him in that position because he knows how dude feels about gays. Think about it: Brother uptight bow tie would have fit in just great with that crew. He kicks ass, so him being on that place wouldn,t have been no thang. And in that crowd o people, are non-other than Rawls—another “manly” man. Brother and “manly”Omar team up together and the only thing missing is a love scene.

Yes, he was. Listen to how he talks down to his driver (who isn’t gay) about going into that bar. The guy sticks out like a sore thumb in that place, and Brother enjoys putting him in that position because he knows how dude feels about gays. Think about it: Brother uptight bow tie would have fit in just great with that crew. He kicks ass, so him being on that place wouldn,t have been no thang. And in that crowd o people, are non-other than Rawls—another “manly” man. Brother and “manly”Omar team up together and the only thing missing is a love scene.
lol

the only purpose this scene served was to show the hypocrisy of Rawls' work anti gay behavior while being gay all along

Marlo's people were suspicious that they got their food and didn't drive off then when the girl walked up and kept looking at the SUV Chris was certain who they were
and acted on it.
She wasn’t looking at that van. Looking at that van would have meant death for her from Avon’s crew. They accidentally found Avon’s crew and that’s how they got them. The girl walking across the street meant nothing nor added anything to the dynamic. This wasn’t a ‘meet” or else she would have gotten into the vehicle with them. Snoop happened to be in the same restaurant when Avon’s crew pulled up. They ate their food there, because they didn’t know Marlo’s gang was there.

we see Snoop report what she saw; we see the driver toss the food through the back window to Avon; then Marlo’s crew pull their car into position to merk ‘em. The hoe strolling had nothing to do any of that, because Marlo was psychopathic enough to take all of them out in broad daylight.

Last edited:
@Surprize!
watch this scene again at :23 sec

she looks mad obvious that she looking for someone

i believe a scene before that Marlo tells her to meet him somewhere and told Chris to case the joint

Chris was calculated af. He not just gon open up fire on a random SUV

lol

the only purpose this scene served was to show the hypocrisy of Rawls' work anti gay behavior while being gay all along
And so was Brother. I didn’t catch it until the second time around. Listen very carefully to how he talks to his homophobic driver about being homophobic: he isn’t very sympathetic to dude, and is pointedly nasty to him when discussing his fear of homosexuals.

@Surprize!
watch this scene again at :23 sec

she looks mad obvious that she looking for someone

i believe a scene before that Marlo tells her to meet him somewhere and told Chris to case the joint

Chris was calculated af. He not just gon open up fire on a random SUV

You didn’t watch the show if you think that this was a random shoot. You just viewed this short video and nothing else.

You didn’t watch the show if you think that this was a random shoot. You just viewed this short video and nothing else.

im saying it wasnt random evidenced by the fact that the show actually painted Chris as a calculated character

it wasnt by chance that ol girl looked back at the truck TWICE both time she crossed the street. She didnt look past the truck, she looked directly at it

And so was Brother. I didn’t catch it until the second time around. Listen very carefully to how he talks to his homophobic driver about being homophobic: he isn’t very sympathetic to dude, and is pointedly nasty to him when discussing his fear of homosexuals.
isnt the nation against homosexuals? I honestly dont know. wouldnt that explain why he himself didnt want to go in there?

@Elzo69Renaissance

isnt the nation against homosexuals? I honestly dont know. wouldnt that explain why he himself didnt want to go in there?

@Elzo69Renaissance
Everybody with a mouth can say they are. Brother is a deadly psychopath and serial killer; Omar already knew who brother was. It’s interesting that you folks who haven’t watched the show—or Watched recently—don’t know the crucial points of the Wire.

Everybody with a mouth can say they are. Brother is a deadly psychopath and serial killer; Omar already knew who brother was. It’s interesting that you folks who haven’t watched the show—or Watched recently—don’t know the crucial points of the Wire.
Fam nowhere in the show what it implied that brother was gay.....hell Marlo s interaction w Chris in season 5 was way more gay insinuating than anything Mouzone did

lol

i watched this show when it originally aired

and just finished my 5th viewing since it went off air

Brother Mouzone wasn't gay lol

lol

i watched this show when it originally aired

and just finished my 5th viewing since it went off air

Brother Mouzone wasn't gay lol
Probably because you aren’t schooled in subtlety. Things have to be blasted at you or pointed out to you before you see them.

I just talked to another friend, who laughingly agreed with me when I had this discussion with him. He saw it too, although it took me the second time around to catch it.

You would have to watch all of Brother Mouzone’s scenes, and listen very carefully, while he insults his driver for being homophobic. And also the surprise scene with Rawls was meant to drive the point home that some the strongest and deadliest characters in the Wire are hidden homosexuals.

Back