Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

Off topic but I never understood the hate people give Season 2 of The Wire

It’s kind of the behind the scenes for why everything else happens in the show.

The wires best seasons 4,2,1 & 3 are tied and 5

You know how it's called "behind the scenes"? Think about that for a minute and you'll probably understand why most people consider that season to be trash.

They just wanted a whole show of niggas hustling and shooting each other. That season showed how they fuck black over IMO. White people ship all the drugs and guns over here. Sell it to black people and the injustice system locks black people up for drugs and guns and let white people skate off free or with a slap on the wrist.

Just short minded folks looking for the most basic entertainment. Season 2 for those who didn't know that side of the game made them have to think a lil bit and most folks don't want to do that when watching tv. Especially those who thought the wire was just going to be some baltimore new jack city shit.

They just wanted a whole show of niggas hustling and shooting each other. That season showed how they fuck black over IMO. White people ship all the drugs and guns over here. Sell it to black people and the injustice system locks black people up for drugs and guns and let white people skate off free or with a slap on the wrist.

Just short minded folks looking for the most basic entertainment. Season 2 for those who didn't know that side of the game made them have to think a lil bit and most folks don't want to do that when watching tv. Especially those who thought the wire was just going to be some baltimore new jack city shit.

Season 2 exposed a lot of niggas who thought they knew how the drug game goes. Niggas didn't understand so they resisted.

Season 2 put niggas in their place. What I mean by that is niggas got a real glimpse into how low we are in the drug game food chain. A lot of us were led to believe that the ones in our community who were big time drug dealers, really were big time drug dealers when in reality they were just pawns. Season 2 showed the drug system and in that system niggas do not have as much power and control like we think we have running corners, blocks, hoods, and territories.

lol so now we're rewriting history and The Wire season 2 wasn't trash?

Sorry but some of us didn't need to watch a whole season of an entirely different show about some annoying dock workers to know how drugs, guns and sexy russian gals get into the country.

Nobody cared about the damn Sobatka's. Those mf'ers was just flat out boring

hqdefault.jpg

Season 2 and season 5 on the wire were trash and how you dudes steady saying this show is top 5 I will never understand

I think season 2 of the wire gets some hate because its followed by imo the two greatest seasons in tv history in seasons 3 and 4. Same reason why ppl were disappointed with season 5.

Season 5 was much better than this last season of GoT tho. Last season of the wire had daniels movin up and seeing how much fucked up the game is, marlo vs. Omar, michaels arc...plus any season with the my name is my name speech cant be that bad. Last season of got was pretty much some cool special effects and arya.

lol so now we're rewriting history and The Wire season 2 wasn't trash?

Sorry but some of us didn't need to watch a whole season of an entirely different show about some annoying dock workers to know how drugs, guns and sexy russian gals get into the country.

It wasn't trash. It wasn't as entertaining as the other seasons but it was far from trash

GOT needed a Season 2 of The Wire type of season and they never had one. The reason why Season 2 of the Wire is good is because it perfectly ties into the whole story. Without it you have a bunch of theories and loose ends. Just like we have in GOT. Look at how much bullshit was wasted on things that ment nothing. Jon being a Targ. Arya training for a whole season to be an assassin only for her to use it 3 times. Bran being the 3 Eyed Raven. Dany burning the city. So many plot holes in Thrones because they didn't have a season that stood out like Season 2 of The Wire did.

You don't have to like or dislike Season 2 of The Wire but when you watch the show in succession you can clearly see why it was needed and what purpose it served. Which season of GOT stands out above the rest? Which season of GOT is the glue that holds it together? they don't have one and they clearly needed one.

You dudes can sit and scream until your last breath but your opinion are a very small minority. You know the shit is trash if people saying it's worse than season 5

Back