Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Unpopular Opinion Thread

I thought RD was a decent album, and I do have it in the ride on a thumbdrive, but that same thumbdrive also has Vol1 on it and I play that shit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more that RD. I skip way more tracks on RD plus I'm more of a fan of the original version of Dead Presidents over part 2 that was included on the album.

Vol. 1 my favourite JAY-Z album

:hov1:

It just goes to show how different tastes can be. For me all three IML albums are boring outside of the singles and a couple other tracks here and there. I really do understand why people rate Jay so highly as a rapper. He's got that kinda talent, but I've always thought his catalog was overrated.

It just goes to show how different tastes can be. For me all three IML albums are boring outside of the singles and a couple other tracks here and there. I really do understand why people rate Jay so highly as a rapper. He's got that kinda talent, but I've always thought his catalog was overrated.

oh yeah, Vol2 and 3 are snooze fests. I remember copping Vol2 on the strength of that Hard Knock Life single and was seriously disappointed.

Wow @ the disrespect for Vol. 2.....

I actually think Vol. 2 >>>>Vol. 3 easily

and it's just barely below Vol. 1 IMO

RD only 3 songs I really like so I rank Vol. 1 the highest šŸ™

Wow @ the disrespect for Vol. 2.....

I actually think Vol. 2 >>>>Vol. 3 easily

and it's just barely below Vol. 1 IMO

RD only 3 songs I really like so I rank Vol. 1 the highest šŸ™

lol I just thought Jay's catalog was overrated. Now I'm rethinking. Jay fans just got weird ears.

But nah, it's hard for me to comprehend someone liking Vol. 1 over RD. Hell, one of the best songs on Vol. 1 is just a lesser follow-up to a song from RD. Hell, Ain't No Nigga is one of my least favorite songs on RD and that shit is a hell of a lot better than Sunshine.

Back to the topic:

- Having kids for no other reason than you can is a very stupid endeavor
- Couples that stay together only for their kids are idiots and are really doing a disservice to those children
- Nas has overtaken Jay artistry-wise, and that's been evident since Life Is Good. The Hit-Boy run has made that gap damn near Grand Canyon-sized
- Aaron Rogers is arrogant as fuck, and his pompous ass is in for a real rude awakening this year in the boroughs
- Mac & Cheese is still overall trash, tho only a FEW people can pull it off right.

Last edited:
Back to the topic:

- Having kids for no other reason than you can is a very stupid endeavor
- Couples that stay together only for their kids are idiots and are really doing a disservice to those children
- Nas has overtaken Jay artistry-wise, and that's been evident since Life Is Good. The Hit-Boy has made that gap damn near Grand Canyon-sized
- Aaron Rogers is arrogant as fuck, and his pompous ass is in for a real rude awakening this year in the boroughs
- Mac & Cheese is still overall trash, tho only a FEW people can pull it off right.

Nas has always been a better artist than Jay. You could argue that Jay is the better hit maker or has wittier lyricism, but I don't think there was ever a time when Jay put more artistry in his music.

lol I just thought Jay's catalog was overrated. Now I'm rethinking. Jay fans just got weird ears.

But nah, it's hard for me to comprehend someone liking Vol. 1 over RD. Hell, one of the best songs on Vol. 1 is just a lesser follow-up to a song from RD. Hell, Ain't No Nigga is one of my least favorite songs on RD and that shit is a hell of a lot better than Sunshine.
the underlined is a fair statement

I'm not really a Jay fan like that.........I've always been Nas>>>>Jay-Z

RD to me is Can't knock the Hustle, Feeling It and Dead Presidents.......Aint No Nigga is aight.......the rest of that album is unremarkable

Vol 1 at least got Streets is Watching, Where I'm From, Imaginary Player, Friend or Foe, A Million.....then the rest is forgettable

Vol 2 is on par with Vol 1.....but for the most part u can play straight thru

that how I look at those initial Jay albums

the underlined is a fair statement

I'm not really a Jay fan like that.........I've always been Nas>>>>Jay-Z

RD to me is Can't knock the Hustle, Feeling It and Dead Presidents.......Aint No Nigga is aight.......the rest of that album is unremarkable

Vol 1 at least got Streets is Watching, Where I'm From, Imaginary Player, Friend or Foe, A Million.....then the rest is forgettable

Vol 2 is on par with Vol 1.....but for the most part u can play straight thru

that how I look at those initial Jay albums

No love for 22 2s or the original Friend or Foe?

ehhhhh.......

giphy.gif

Sunshine is iight, the video was really cheesy and I think it affected the song

People were so focused on Sunshine that they let I Know What Girls like skate by..lol...that shyt is trash

I fucking hate

Coffee
Coconut
Olives
Trap music / most of todays music
Late 80s early 90s hip hop
Doing Burpees (but I gotta do it)
RPG/ Jrpgs
Tower defense video games
Vega (claw) from Street Fighter
My neighbor 2 blocks down the street with to many fucking pets

Just getting old and slowly forgetting more and more things

Funny 'cause I didn't fuck with the original Friend of Foe until the Streets is Watching longform tape came out.

I used to be like "this is one of Primo's worst beats", but somehow it just worked with the video.

Last edited:
Back