Welcome To aBlackWeb

finally wrapped this up

so my impressions

I give it a 6/10 but it could be swayed to go up to at least an 8, but SOOOOOOOOO many things pissed me off

-I'm probably one of the most open minded people there are, but im getting tired of seeing these forced interracial relationships on the tv. Like, out of all those women who gave birth, there wasnt ONE other black child?

-The implied incestry. Like it get it, ya'll not blood related, but ya'll have been raised together as siblings. You cant look at her with any lustful thoughts in your mind. Your job is to protect her from danger

-The agency. Like how in tf Cha Cha and Hazel two of the best but they out here shooting guns like they in the matrix? I mean, they not hitting shit outside of the obvious "hero takes a bullet to create tension" scenes.

-The powers. Maybe b/c im used to the comic book movies, but I kept trying to figure out why the powers seemed to be nerfed. And they dont appear to be bulletproof or anything like that. They are humans but with some kinda ability. Maybe it just doesnt translate well to the screen b/c im like all it would take is a bullet and they would be dead. No immunity to shit like that or anything.

-Luther. Still trying to figure out why tf was he on the moon. Maybe the reason was as simple as they said and that father wanted to give him purpose. Was his power pre accident super strength as well?

-Allison. Not black enough for me..cute af, but not enough black. Maybe that was the point. And as cute as she is, she round here putting spells on her ex husband so that he could love her? Remember the scene where he caught her doing it to their daughter? Then when she was driving, one of the voices was like "I heard a rumor that you loved me"...could that be a nod to him? I know he wasnt mad she put their daughter to sleep

-5, Imo, despite some of his shortcomings, the actor played tf out of that role. He stole every single scene he was featured in. I'm a sucker for time travel, so i thought it was dope to see him get approached by the agency when he was 53 in the apocalypse. However, while i realized his powers came with certain drawbacks, it just seemed like to me, there were opportunities where he could've really turned the tide in their favor, but he chose to just duck behind counters and shit.

-Diego...again...cant really say he had a power per se. He was pretty mid in his hand to hand combat.

-Vanya, come tf on...how you let that villain just finesse you like that. Something was off the moment she met him. I felt like this story arc went too long only for her to end up killing him. Like, what was his plans for her? To ultimately control her to do evil shit for him? Did he actually have a power or was he always scheduled to be born on that day? I just didnt understand why his role was so prominent for that middle stretch of the season.

-Finale...i might be alone in this, but it was boo-TEE. All you had to do was huddle to transport ya'll back into time? That was the woat cliffhanger

lastly

wtf happened to Ben?

I'm sure i missed it as i had it on work monitor 2

This show is deserving of full attention.
well i gotta pay the bills pleighboi and by the time i get home, it doesnt leave much time for tv

im STILL on the second to last episode of Punisher season 2 lol

allison was black.....

what u mean she not black enough..

complexion discrimination against your own people?

we just can't be happy for the sister?

shit.....

and yes he had strength before the accident, u miss the part where he was throwing bank robbers all over the place?

and i looked up klaus character from the comics....he has some cool powers..

i liked that this show didn't hold your hand..

people want too much explained.. and become lazy watchers... look shit up.. this is the internet age... i literally had a wiki up while watching so i knew what everybody's powers were... which imo made the whole experience more enjoyable, cuz they didn't waste a lot of time explaining how everybody's powers worked.....

allison was black.....

what u mean she not black enough..

complexion discrimination against your own people?

we just can't be happy for the sister?

shit.....

and yes he had strength before the accident, u miss the part where he was throwing bank robbers all over the place?

and i looked up klaus character from the comics....he has some cool powers..

i liked that this show didn't hold your hand..

people want too much explained.. and become lazy watchers... look shit up.. this is the internet age... i literally had a wiki up while watching so i knew what everybody's powers were... which imo made the whole experience more enjoyable, cuz they didn't waste a lot of time explaining how everybody's powers worked.....

She was black in the sense that you could tell she was raised by white people...dont mince my words

and i dont mind shows/movies that dont hold your hand. The matrix comes to mind b/c you only have 2.5hrs to tell a story, so you have to decipher what you are willing to reveal to your audience vs what you are leaving for them to come to their own conclusions

i have different expectations for a 10 hr show. Now, if the point is to get people to read the source material, ok, but even the link i posted they dont really get into what happened to no. 6, so im not sure the point you trying to make

She was black in the sense that you could tell she was raised by white people...dont mince my words

and i dont mind shows/movies that dont hold your hand. The matrix comes to mind b/c you only have 2.5hrs to tell a story, so you have to decipher what you are willing to reveal to your audience vs what you are leaving for them to come to their own conclusions

i have different expectations for a 10 hr show. Now, if the point is to get people to read the source material, ok, but even the link i posted they dont really get into what happened to no. 6, so im not sure the point you trying to make

I think the point was to have the viewers intrigued about all the unanswered questions. I know I can't wait for a second season because of it. I'm not even going to do my usual and go to the source material and spoil everything for myself.

I think the point was to have the viewers intrigued about all the unanswered questions. I know I can't wait for a second season because of it. I'm not even going to do my usual and go to the source material and spoil everything for myself.
i dont think this type of show lends itself to that sorta assumption tho

everyone had their own episode right...so why the need for unanswered questions

I literally just answered the bold.

to give the viewer something to look forward to?

Yes. I, for one, can't wait to finally see what happens to Ben. Not having that explained didn't take away from this season at all, but the question is just hanging there.

maan im TRYING to watch this mf.
i think ive restarted ep 2 like 3 times already. i need to sit down with zero distractions, because i stop following.
lol @ pinhead from puppet master lookin ass luther

It built the intrigue....

I was intrigued as fuck

Back