Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED The Subject of 'The Blind Side' Says He Was Never Adopted, He Was Tricked

test
I was gonna say… that family was already quite wealthy. Guess he was fine with this situation when he was making millions in the NFL but now that he’s out the league since 2016 he had time to think about it.

"We didn’t make any money off the movie," Tuohy said. "Well, Michael Lewis ['The Blind Side' book author] gave us half of his share. Everybody in the family got an equal share, including Michael. It was about $14,000, each."

:foh5:

I was gonna say… that family was already quite wealthy. Guess he was fine with this situation when he was making millions in the NFL but now that he’s out the league since 2016 he had time to think about it.

Nah he's actually been quite vocal for a long time now about how he's hated that movie and how it made that family seem like they just found him wandering around and saved his life. This is just the 1st time he's mentioned money being involved

I think this is more a personal issue between Oher and the Tuohys than anything else. He feels betrayed and used by them, and he probably was. To what extent? I don't know. They did take him into their home and treat him like a family member. That's not disputed. Unless they have some awesome foresight, they didn't know a successful book and movie would come from it. Hell, it wasn't even a guarantee that Oher would make the NFL, and even though he did, it's not like they are getting any of his NFL money.

It seems like the mother has come up off her ties to Oher, but is the family really doing that much better than they were before given that they were already wealthy? I think this is just another example of the whole "Based on a true story" schtick in Hollywood being largely bullshit. It's basically the same shit with Lean on Me and Dangerous Minds.

"Over the years, the Tuohys have given Mr. Oher an equal cut of every penny received from 'The Blind Side,'" Singer said. "Even recently, when Mr. Oher started to threaten them about what he would do unless they paid him an eight-figure windfall, and, as part of that shakedown effort refused to cash the small profit checks from the Tuohys, they still deposited Mr. Oher’s equal share into a trust account they set up for his son."
So the money hasn't been going to Oher but to a trust they set up for his son?

Back