Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Sopranos Revisited

Busta Carmichael

LOT - Full-Time Kufi/Yarmulke Smacker
yea I know im late as hell but I just watched the whole show for the first time this month.

Been avoiding it for 2 decades because...... racist Italians smh.

overall good show.

How do y'all think it ended? Best season?

Favorite character?

Last edited:
First tv show I fell in love with and watched it weekly. Think I was only 11 or 12 when it started haha. Definitely appreciate it more as an adult though since I can understand things better.

Ending was Tony getting shot imo.

I missed it when it was airing during it's initial, didn't watch until 4 or 5 years after it ended

yea I know im late as hell but I just watched the whole show for the first time this month.

Same here.

Still the 2nd best show HBO ever did. Still think seasons 3 & 4 are ok.

Still think the whole Tony in a coma was useless in the end.

Speaking of endings, I didn't think the ending was horrible like some people but it wasn't great either.

One thing that kinda bother me was, Tony had like 4-5 mf in his family that was snitching to the feds and NOTHING happened to Tony. Tony should've been popped in season 1 when the Feds played the tape they recorded of his mother and Jr. When Jr was naming his Capos on tape.

I think the snitch that came close to getting him was Adriana, she fucked up trying to recruit Christopher. Even though he was a junky fuck up dude was loyal to Tony

But Adriana wasn't really giving shit tho.

Not like the actually mob dudes ie Eugene, Raymond, Pussy, and Carlo.

And like I said Jr was on tape naming all his Capos and damn near all of em got popped except Tony.

that was OD uncomfortable.

I think they wanted to cater to the LGBT craze that was happening around that time (L word, will and grace) etc.
i think the idea was to show that no matter what walk of life, there are gay people in it

now, i have had my issues with forcefeeding gay characters in a show, however, with this one, i didnt think it was force fed at all and thought it made the narrative for his arc that more interesting b/c its the ultimate irony that the italians hate gays, blacks, etc...but yet, members of their family were gay or dated blacks.

never finished this show btw

i think it stopped around the time Junior shot Tony

i think the idea was to show that no matter what walk of life, there are gay people in it

now, i have had my issues with forcefeeding gay characters in a show, however, with this one, i didnt think it was force fed at all and thought it made the narrative for his arc that more interesting b/c its the ultimate irony that the italians hate gays, blacks, etc...but yet, members of their family were gay or dated blacks.

never finished this show btw

i think it stopped around the time Junior shot Tony
I get the whole thing.

The sex scenes and gay makeout scenes were unnecessary tho.

Back