Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Reason Rhapsody Hasn't Blown Up Is Because Of Bird Brain Broads

I also blame the media for basically selling sex on everything from music, TV and social media etc... Just look at that young girl that went viral saying she wants to grow up to be a stripper smh I remember hearing artists and women saying that chicks like Rihanna and Nicki empower women by getting naked and acting like hoes with no shame, I dont see that... I think it sends the wrong message to young girls and young dudes for that matter, because alot women end up treating their body as commodity (like its bossy) and then consequently dudes treat women the way they act...

Lauryn Hill was one of the hottest rappers in the game at one point, male of female, she was sexy, classy and empowered women, she had a pop hits and was socially conscious... Rappers like Lauryn should be the role models to young girls, not chicks like Cardi B or Nicki...

Even the lyrics in pop songs these days (which are literally messages to impressionable youngsters) from pop chicks like Rihanna and these Disney channel chicks (who I dont know the name) of are straight to the point with their songs, Rihanna's 'Sex With Me' for example, talking aload of freaky schitt, 7-12 yr olds are listening to this!!! Plus the music videos are daum near X Rated most of the time, but we have become so accustomed to it on TV, IG even commercials in the mainstream world that we dont even blink an eye...

Last edited:
Please dispute any I said @AP21

I can't think of one dark skinned female artist (any genre) that has crossover to mainstream in the past 10 years.

Please dispute any I said @AP21

I can't think of one dark skinned female artist (any genre) that has crossover to mainstream in the past 10 years.
lol

nah, i agree with your assessment...your delivery was off putting, but i think there is some merit to it

however, there is also some merit to the fact that there has to be a "formula" for females to pop

She is lyrically on par with a lot of her male counterparts. She got bars, flow, her own style...she doesnt sound like anyone else in the industry.

Now, i will agree with you that as much as I enjoyed Laila's Wisdom, I struggled to find a song that checked the box of a "crossover" song that would appeal to a wider audience, but maybe thats whats wrong with rap in the first place.

but that didnt take away from how great I thought her album was/is

maybe, just maybe tho, Rapsody dont care about trying to outsell Cardi

Put it like this...now its mad early, but follow me if Rapsody moving forward consistently drops quality projects while gaining a few new fans in the process over the duration of her career, wouldnt that be "better" than Cardi posting IG clips 2 years from now still talking about Bodak Yellow is "x amount times platinum"?

and hot take, i think a lot of people like Cardi b/c they were tired of Nikki's shit and wanted someone else to like

And I hate to say it, another factor is cause Rapsody is dark skinned.

8H1B.gif

bruh what you doin?

I think Lauryn Hill was the last female rapper to do it without using sex to sell. From the Fugees to her solo career.

I wish her heart was still in rhyming....
he said the last 10 years tho

Rapsody’s career will go tha same way as Bahamadia...sadly

Just like NBA fans compared to tha WNBA...unless you really REALLY care about basketball as a sport, tha average male NBA fan not checking for any WNBA shit...and unless you really REALLY care about tha art of rhyming...a female MC just not gonna do it for tha majority of hip-hop fans...who are mostly men...it is what it is

Because Hip Hop is a very young genre compared to others Lauryn is still viable to use as an example because there is at least one person who has done it and did it more successfully than the names listed by leaps and bounds.

There will be another like her make no mistake.
lol

yea but his specific time frame was the last decade b/c i thought it was safe to assume everybody knew lauryn was the last person to do this

L Boogie was tha cheat code tho...she could sing, rap and act...plus she was able to find tha perfect balance of not dressing provocatively but not looking “dyke-ish” for lack of a better term and still being sexy...

Women wanna hear who they relate to or wanna emulate. That usually being something that doesn't have to do with talent and skill, per say. But more of what they wanna be able to do or look like. That don't make them birds, that make them women.

That’s not a woman thing when it comes to music.

That’s a man thing too

Maybe she's not that good yall. She got a few cool songs. But I never heard a verse that wowed me or made me press rewind. She's simply lacks the "IT" factor. If she was a dude, she would be irrelevant.

Nah, if she was a dude she'd be Cole.

Cole was/is nice but he didn't have them wow verses either. And he had underground/internet legend written all over him. If you asked anybody after FNL drooped if, in 2018, he'd be one of the biggest names in Hip Hop most would've been like nah. Myself included.

That’s not a woman thing when it comes to music.

That’s a man thing too
Bruh, if you really wanna get deep wit me ...pause. That is a woman thing, and when people speak on hip hop turning black man feminine, I don't look at the tight clothes and purses. I look at the mind state, making men wanna only look good and have things. Instead of having substance and meaning, which is the nature drive of men. Diddy is a fucking Ken doll come to life, the shiny suit era was the beginning Ken Doll mind state being perpetrated in hip hop. When it became the look over the skill, sure the Lox went against that and the RR era and I can go deeper on how that was a good battle. But on a mainstream level, that effect more of what It took to sell an artist. And how it was forcefully pushed to manufacture the belief of the look and accessories...doll shit

:Pathetic:u ain't tryna catch these bars mane

Back