Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Reason Rhapsody Hasn't Blown Up Is Because Of Bird Brain Broads

Nicky hopped on a track w hov, kanye n ross and managed to have the most entertaining verse. Yes, I was impressed by that. Cardi hopped on G-Eazy's joint and had a very entertaining verse. Is not always about being lyrical. Sometimes energy, voice, mic presence and flow get it done. Especially on the mainstream tip. I'm not knocking rapsody. But we can't front on how nicky n cardi got popping. They had certain "moments" that Rapsody has not had on a commercial level. These moments have come on major records. Which is my point about Rapsody possibly needing a big moment on a big record for her to breakthrough like that.

I personally found the verse impressive for what it was. I mean jay n Kanye n basically alot of other rappers did so what the issue

Nothing she said was rewind-worth.

No-

-Thing

There was no slick wordplay, nothing interesting with the similes or metaphors. Nothing that makes you pause the track and run it back on some "did she just say..." shits.

And ear catching. I'm sticking to the thread. Which is why homegirl ain't blown up. My answer was, other female emcees that have blown up, have had moments. Nicky monster verse was a moment and yes people were fucking w that heavy. You want me to breakdown the Verse and get into similes n metaphors. All that is not the point. Shit was entertaining n hard and made ALOTTA people pay attention to nicky if they weren't already. Rapsody could use a moment like that. Shit any rapper could. I ain't in here nicky was ever a pure lyricist.

truth be told.....i was all the way done with Nicki.....didnt pay her no mind anymore

fucked around and caught that Good Form video on the 4K curved boy at my homies crib smh

r-kelly-usher-shocked-music-video-reaction-gif-1363306207k.gif

I might just be a fan boy out here

if thats the "IT" factor ya'll talking about, that shit aint fair...for real

idk I think ppl being too negative

Consider:

Rhapsody's celebrity profile is already light years ahead of Grae, Bahamadia, Rah Digga etc wildest dreams. She's been regularly killing feature spots on high profile albums for a couple years now......her debut album was a critically acclaimed staple on year-end lists and got nominated for Grammys....she performed on The Tonight Show

She just hasn't had that mainstream Urban AC radio hit yet. Put her on a track with Drake that has an R&B hook and watch these gullible-ass bird brains eat it up. Those same hatin bitches will be defending her with a sword

I thought thsy Nikki verse was meh when I heard and I think it's meh now. I don't reckon it had too much to do with her success

Back