Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Reason Rhapsody Hasn't Blown Up Is Because Of Bird Brain Broads

As soon as this shit dropped, any real lover of Hip Hop should of looked her up. Been a fan of hers ever since, I try my best to put all the women I know on to her.

One thing I don't see anyone mention is the fact that Rhapsody does not have a big hit single to breakthrough. Yes, she doesn't fit the sex mold of nicky, cardi n kim. But a smash single would help. There are ALOTTA chicks that fit the sex mold that ain't blow up n not having a single that gets attention is a big reason why. Also, Rhapsody does not have a commercial relevant rapper/producer pushing her n giving her a look. Nicky had Wayne, Kim had big, eve had Ruff Ryders, foxy had Jay. Niggas want Rhapsody to blow like I wanted Saigon to get recognized. Is frustrating watching someone w that type of talent nor get noticed

One thing I don't see anyone mention is the fact that Rhapsody does not have a big hit single to breakthrough. Yes, she doesn't fit the sex mold of nicky, cardi n kim. But a smash single would help. There are ALOTTA chicks that fit the sex mold that ain't blow up n not having a single that gets attention is a big reason why. Also, Rhapsody does not have a commercial relevant rapper/producer pushing her n giving her a look. Nicky had Wayne, Kim had big, eve had Ruff Ryders, foxy had Jay. Niggas want Rhapsody to blow like I wanted Saigon to get recognized. Is frustrating watching someone w that type of talent nor get noticed
She’s a Roc Nation artist fam ...how u think she got the Grammy nod?

Maybe she's not that good yall. She got a few cool songs. But I never heard a verse that wowed me or made me press rewind. She's simply lacks the "IT" factor. If she was a dude, she would be irrelevant.

She’s a Roc Nation artist fam ...how u think she got the Grammy nod?

You say she ROC nation like jay on her singles n giving her a look. Most female rappers that BLEW the fuck up either had a cosign and look from one of the niggas running the game or had a massive hit. I'm not saying that's how it should be, but that's what history tells us. She might not need a Bodak Yellow. But she gonna need more than 9th behind her to blow. Either that or just keep making good albums like her last one n maybe she catches a few good singles along the way.

Chicks ain't really into conscious rap anyway male or female. Cole n Kendrick are conscious rappers that chick mess with. But they got their attention w hit singles first. "Swimming pools, Humble, Cole's joint w miguel, workout"

Maybe she's not that good yall. She got a few cool songs. But I never heard a verse that wowed me or made me press rewind. She's simply lacks the "IT" factor. If she was a dude, she would be irrelevant.

Did Cardi, Nikki, or Iggy make you press rewind?

It's the "IT" factor yo. Cardi and Nicki have it.

Peep it

Vs

If you're an record exec, who u pumping?

Rapsody has a personality equivalent to AZ and looks boring.

You also said:
But I never heard a verse that wowed me or made me press rewind.

I'm waiting for them 16's any of them other broads spit that made you press rewind.

Last edited:
Bruh, Rapsody is not gonna blow.

Nicki and Cardi have charisma on the mic. Rapsody is rappity rap. That shit doesn't equal mainstream.

Peep Cardi on "Backin it Up"

Peep Nicki's little bars on Drake's "That's how you feel"

Whatever "IT" is, them two have it. It's that simple.

Yo I know how it feels when nobody but the internet fucks with one of your favorite rappers.

It's ok.

I think it's weird that K Dot, Drake and J Cole are the most prevalent male rappers but in this ages of feminism and anti sexism, Nikki and Cardi are the biggest female artists. Doesn't make much sense to me at all

Yeah agree, but to counter that there is also birdbrain crackhead male mumble rappers that sale crazy units too, Offset, Kodak, Gucci, 69, Postmalone etc... Its just seems that female wise that only ratchet chicks blow up these days, which is sad... There seems to be more variety when it comes to male rappers...

Back