Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

You probably haven't heard of this have you?

Y'all keep telling me how the Media loves Bernie and treats him the exact same as they treat Biden.

This women has been trying to get her story told for several months. No one from the media bothered to pay her the time of day.

Ask yourself this - If a woman made a credible claim against Bernie Sanders of sexual assault, do you think there may be a few reporters to cover that story?

Do you think he might have gotten a little bit of scrutiny in the media?

Do you think it would be 24/7, front page Live coverage of this for months if that happened?

Ask yourself - Why do you think that is?
But not so for Biden ...

So no one cares Dems tried to politicize the bill and add Green New Deal items that they ultimately let go of to pass it??

Surely we can call out both sides

If the Dems did add that shit that was extraneous - they should be called our for it.

However even if they did, they are no where near as bad as what Republicans we’re trying to do.

Not close. They literally were trying to exempt poor people from getting relief. It was disgusting.

But two things -

1) Standards for companies be them environmental or fiscal SHOULD have been included in the final bill.

You want government money, you need to be responsible and not screw over workers or destroy the environment.

That’s not being petty that’s holding them accountable.
We should also have required them to:

- Stop wasting $Billions on stock buybacks
- Suspend CEO bonuses
- Legally commit to not lay-off ANY employees for years
- Set up Emergency reserves for future crises
- Maybe even have a small government equity stake since they are being invested in by the government

Not only are these reasonable requirements, they would ensure that no corporation takes the stimulus unless they a absolutely need it.

The CEO of Boeing literally just did an interview where he said if there are ANY strings attached he would just refuse the money.

BECAUSE THEY DONT NEED IT

You know who does???

Working people and Small Businesses!

Which brings me to point 2

2) This bill is really trash.

Corporations actually get $4.5 Trillion not $500 Billion.

There is almost full discretion to the Treasury Secretary of how he disburses the funds. And the only reforms the Democrats were able to get in are cosmetic and essentially window dressing.

THE CORPORATE BAILOUT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SEPARATE FROM THE WORKER STIMULUS.

Two separate bills.

Give the people and small business relief immediately. And more than $1200 fucking dollars. That’s a joke.

THEN negotiate terms for the Corporate bailout.

What ended up happening was Republicans held the people hostage to get the largest corporate bailout in American history.

We will feel this decision for a decade or more

Last edited:
I don't think anyone in here needs to be schooled on republicans' fucked up shit including this bill. We know already.

But look how up in arms y'all got just for pointing out something fucked up, that Peace admitted was fucked up, then proceeded to defend.

Borderline trumpism behavior

I don't think anyone in here needs to be schooled on republicans' fucked up shit including this bill. We know already.

But look how up in arms y'all got just for pointing out something fucked up, that Peace admitted was fucked up, then proceeded to defend.

Borderline trumpism behavior

No dice.

1) You are trying to “both sides it” That is the problem.

That’s how people end up voting for Trump. Because they say “it’s all bad so nothing matters.” ZERO nuance.

Nah. Shit matters. There is a BIG difference.

Killing and starving poor people is not the same as fighting to protect a women’s right to choose.

What you are claiming was done on one side is not the same as what WAS actually done on the other.

That’s what I objected to and I said as much.

That’s not defending Democrats or being hypocritical. It’s being logical and consistent.

2) I haven’t seen any credible reporting that they did what you are accusing them of doing.
ie. Putting in random shit like abortion rights or curtailing religious freedoms or gun control into the bill etc.

The things you commented amounted to standards for corporations.

READ MY POST.

That is ENTIRELY appropriate and it is the ENTIRE point.

You don’t give corporations a $5 Trillion blank check with no accountability or standards.

Because guess what. They will continue fucking over everyone and the environment with no recourse, whatsoever. And if they crash the goddamn economy again - guess what???

It doesn’t matter. They will get bailed out. With no standards or expectations whatsoever.

This has led to economic catastrophe and is weakening our economy and society.

You shouldn’t do that - but that is basically what we did ...AGAIN.

Despite whatever efforts the democrats made to prevent it.

Last edited:
No dice.

1) You are trying to “both sides it” That is the problem.

That’s how people end up voting for Trump. Because they say “it’s all bad so nothing matters.” ZERO nuance.

Nah. Shit matters. There is a BIG difference.

Killing and starving poor people is not the same as fighting to protect a women’s right to choose.

What you are claimimg was done on one side is not the same as what WAS done on the other.

That’s what I objected to and I said as much.

That’s not defending Democrats or being hypocritical. It’s being logical and consistent.

2) I haven’t seen any credible reporting that they did what you are accusing them of doing.
ie. Putting in random shit like abortion rights or curtailing religious freedoms or gun control into the bill etc.

The things you commented amounted to standards for corporations.

READ MY POST.

That is ENTIRELY appropriate and it is the ENTIRE point.

You don’t give corporations a $5 Trillion blank check with no accountability or standards.

Because guess what. They will continue fucking over everyone and the environment with no recourse, whatsoever.

Which has led to economic catastrophe and is weakening our economy and society.
Nothin I'm saying is in defense of republicans. I read your whole post. Your exact words were "they should be called out for it" then giving me a wall of text supporting it; Whataboutism.

I didn't say "it's all bad none of it matters" fam I've noticed a habit of u assuming ppls line of thinking for them and seen u get called out for it multiple times. Here u go again.

You're assuming extra intentions which is why u give me this wall of text.

I simply said "surely both sides can be called out"

Then u said "yes they should be called out"

There's no disagreement here.

Nothin I'm saying is in defense of republicans. I read your whole post. Your exact words were "they should be called out for it" then giving me a wall of text supporting it; Whataboutism.

I didn't say "it's all bad none of it matters" fam I've noticed a habit of u assuming ppls line of thinking for them and seen u get called out for it multiple times. Here u go again.

You're assuming extra intentions which is why u give me this wall of text.

I simply said "surely both sides can be called out"

Then u said "yes they should be called out"

There's no disagreement here.

What should they be called out for?

2 ppl sharing this account?
You keep saying I am agreeing with you but then defending Democrats.

I am NOT.

Be specific. What do you consider “extraneous?”

Thus far you cited “emissions standards and green energy tax deductions”.

THAT IS NOT EXTRANEOUS. Stop quoting my post saying I am agreeing with you. I am Not

You keep saying I am agreeing with you but then defending Democrats.

I am NOT.

Be specific. What do you consider “extraneous?”

Thus far you cited “emissions standards and green energy tax deductions”.

THAT IS NOT EXTRANEOUS. Stop quoting my post saying I am agreeing with you. I am Not
Call em out for
Screenshot_20200327-171849.png
Screenshot_20200327-171918.png

According to the article there was bipartisan effort in reaching an agreement..Dems did a lot of good in changing things referred to in the nytimes article.

When they (reps and Dems) finally thought they had something final Pelosi rejected it and demanded "an array of progressive policies well beyond the scope of emergency aid"

Thus stalling the bill.

Mitch called em out for it, Schumer never denied nor acknowledge the accusations, and they ultimately left it off the table bc it wasnt necessary given the circumstances and intentions of the bill

Call em out for
View attachment 255082
View attachment 255084

According to the article there was bipartisan effort in reaching an agreement..Dems did a lot of good in changing things referred to in the nytimes article.

When they (reps and Dems) finally thought they had something final Pelosi rejected it and demanded "an array of progressive policies well beyond the scope of emergency aid"

Thus stalling the bill.

Mitch called em out for it, Schumer never denied nor acknowledge the accusations, and they ultimately left it off the table bc it wasnt necessary given the circumstances and intentions of the bill

Bruh ... This is vague as fuck.

And from the perspective of Mitch McConnell of all people.

“an array of progressive policies well beyond the scope of emergency aid”

What does this mean?

What does Mitch Mcconell believe is the necessary “scope of emergency aid” ?

Anything beyond Mitch Mcconell’s narrow definition is what the Dems are being accused of fighting for.

Is a “progressive policy” - withholding corporations from firing their employees?

What about worker protections and benefits. Is that progressive “beyond the scope”?

What about demanding a living wage?
Why should corporations be expected to do that?

Just give me my tax payer Trillions and let me screw the tax payers.

Or incentivizing them not to destroy the environment. Who cares about the damn environment?
They are not listed as one of my shareholders.

How are any of those things “extraneous” to the government providing corporations with Trillions of dollars?

You said you’ve read my post but either you didn’t read it or didn’t understand it.

Everything you referenced is NOT extraneous and thus - the Dems don’t need to be called out for it.

In fact they should be commended for it.

IF THEY INCLUDED THINGS THAT WERE ACTUALLY EXTRANEOUS-

- abortion rights
- gun rights
-etc

They should be called out for THAT

AGAIN I see no evidence of THAT.

Therefore I fundamentally disagree with your premise.

Last edited:
Bruh ... This is vague as fuck.

And from the perspective of Mitch McConnell of all people.

“an array of progressive policies well beyond the scope of emergency aid”

What does this mean?

What does Mitch Mcconell believe is the necessary “scope of emergency aid” ?

Anything beyond Mitch Mcconell’s narrow definition is what the Dems are being accused of fighting for.

Is a “progressive policy” - withholding corporations from firing their employees?

What about worker protections and benefits. Is that progressive “beyond the scope”?

What about demanding a living wage?
Why should corporations be expected to do that?

Just give me my tax payer Trillions and let me screw the tax payers.

Or incentivizing them not to destroy the environment.

How are any of those things “extraneous” to the government providing corporations with Trillions of dollars?

You said you’ve read my post but either you didn’t read it or didn’t understand it.

Everything you referenced is NOT extraneous and thus - the Dems don’t need to be called out for it.

In fact they should be commended for it.

IF THEY INCLUDED THINGS THAT WERE ACTUALLY EXTRANEOUS-

- abortion rights
- gun rights
-etc

They should be called out for THAT

AGAIN I see no evidence of THAT.

Therefore I fundamentally disagree with your premise.
The problem with folks nowadays is they only get their news from who they want to follow. They don't look for anything else, and instead of researching anything at all that opposes them, they "reject your premise" without even looking at the evidence themselves. I call this having your head up your ass.

Do u know u can find this shit yourself?

Some of the items were voter registration and raising the minimum wage to $15 (there are more).

Tell me, if u had just been laid off, savings is starting to disappear, someone close to u just caught the virus,

Would u like to hear one of the main reasons u have to wait for any help is due to those things??

Edit: what does early voting and not requiring ID to vote have to do with Covid 19 relief fund?

Anyone?

Last edited:
By the way, this discussion isn't whether those are laws worth fighting for, but whether it's the right time to play politics.

Again try this exercise: imagine it was trump doing the same thing and be consistent in your fake outrage

By the way, this discussion isn't whether those are laws worth fighting for, but whether it's the right time to play politics.

Again try this exercise: imagine it was trump doing the same thing and be consistent in your fake outrage

Listen to yourself, man

Would I praise trump for actually fighting for minimum wage or voter resignation?

HELL YES I WOULD!!!

Why are these issues even a debate in Washington?

The country overwhelmingly supports them and they are common sense.

Do you think a $15 minimum wage would help workers right now???

How is that not relevant?

Basic Voter Registration is the only thing you mentioned that is not directly relevant. Although it is so pedestrian a law - I don’t understand how it is controversial.

I think the problem is actually people being obsessed with partisan politics and gossip as opposed to actual policies that affect their lives.

The things you are chastising the Democrats for fighting for would impact your life for decades and generations.

They are things that actually matter.

While you are acting so aggrieved that Democrats “held up” the legislative process by a few days in order to enact basic protections for workers, oversight for corporations, and other “progressive policies” ...

Meanwhile the actual GOP POLICY POSITION of “means testing” the direct payments will force millions of Americans to wait 4 MONTHs before they receive a stimulus check

And we are up in arms about a few days negotiating.

It's not surprising that u can only do this for republicans but are blind to Dem bs

AGAIN

Find me the “Dem BS”

The only “BS” you have pointed out thus far is same day voter registration.

Helping people vote... Ok. Shame on the Democrats.

Everything else has been directly relevant.

Find me the abortion clause. Find me the clause about gun rights. Find me the clause about religious freedom.

Find me the Purely political additions.

You haven’t done this. I suspect it is because they don’t exist

Back