Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Listen to yourself, man

Would I praise trump for actually fighting for minimum wage or voter resignation?

HELL YES I WOULD!!!

Why are these issues even a debate in Washington?

The country overwhelmingly supports them and they are common sense.

Do you think a $15 minimum wage would help workers right now???

How is that not relevant?

Basic Voter Registration is the only thing you mentioned that is not directly relevant. Although it is so pedestrian a law - I don’t understand how it is controversial.

I think the problem is actually people being obsessed with partisan politics and gossip as opposed to actual policies that affect their lives.

The things you are chastising the Democrats for fighting for would impact your life for decades and generations.

They are things that actually matter.

While you are acting so aggrieved that Democrats “held up” the legislative process by a few days in order to enact basic protections for workers, oversight for corporations, and other “progressive policies” ...

Meanwhile the actual GOP POLICY POSITION of “means testing” the direct payments will force millions of Americans to wait 4 MONTHs before they receive a stimulus check

And we are up in arms about a few days negotiating.
Bruh once again

What does early voting have to do with Covid 19 emergency stimulus relief??

Stop telling me these are good laws that isn't the point. The point is it had nothing to do with what the bill is for.

And yet it held up the bill.

There was already bipartisan agreement (2nd time around) UNTIL she told everyone to vote against passing so she can throw those items in there.

If republicans tried to sneak laws they hold dear to their fundamentals then held up the bill to get it passed you know goddamn well u would have something to say

Be. Consistent.

AGAIN

Find me the “Dem BS”

The only “BS” you have pointed out thus far is same day voter registration.

Helping people vote... Ok. Shame on the Democrats.

Everything else has been directly relevant.

Find me the abortion clause. Find me the clause about gun rights. Find me the clause about religious freedom.

Find me the Purely political additions.

You haven’t done this. I suspect it is because they don’t exist
"Find me one, bet u can't"
*Voter registration*
"Ok but (downplays) now find me another!"

If that ain't moving the goal posts idk what is

This whole conversation proves my point. Mfs on either side have a tough time admitting fault to anything but will hold outrage toward the other side of the aisle for doing the exact same shit.

Policy matters more than politics...

Trust - There is a shit ton of things to criticize Democrats for.

Fighting for workers rights in the midst of a pandemic IS NOT one of them.

They should have fought HARDER to represent the American people. And done so BY ANY MEANS necessary; politics or otherwise.

Last edited:
"Find me one, bet u can't"
*Voter registration*
"Ok but (downplays) now find me another!"

If that ain't moving the goal posts idk what is

This whole conversation proves my point. Mfs on either side have a tough time admitting fault to anything but will hold outrage toward the other side of the aisle for doing the exact same shit.

Please explain to me how voter registration is partisan.

I’ll wait.

You keep saying they “held up the Bill”. They negotiated for an extra 4 days. In order to get critically important relief and protections for workers, a semblance of accountability for corporations and ensure that the poorest Americans actually get support...

AND still the Final Bill was so BAD that there is a strong argument that they shouldn’t have even passed it at all.

It is so top heavy for corporations, we will feel the negative ramifications of it for years to come.

Did you miss the part where the POLICY of means tested stimulus payments means they will be delayed up to 4 MONTHS.

4 FUCKING MONTHS.

Do you think that policy position - the thing that progressives were trying to fight against - matters more than the 4 days spent negotiating?

Out of all that you focus on the fact that Democrats proposed better voter registration.

Voter Registration.

And the thrust of your argument is “shame on Democrats”

“we should call them out - just like Republicans.”

Do you see how you are missing the big picture?

You are mirroring the corporate media. So desperate to point a finger at both sides - you miss all of the context and detail of what is actually happening.

Please explain to me how voter registration is partisan.

I’ll wait.

You keep saying they “held up the Bill”. They negotiated for an extra 4 days. In order to get critically important relief and protections for workers, a semblance of accountability for corporations and ensure that the poorest Americans actually get support...

AND still the Final Bill was so BAD that there is a strong argument that they shouldn’t have even passed it at all.

It is so top heavy for corporations, we will feel the negative ramifications of it for years to come.

Did you miss the part where the POLICY of means tested stimulus payments means they will be delayed up to 4 MONTHS.

4 FUCKING MONTHS.

Do you think that policy position - the thing that progressives were trying to fight against - matters more than the 4 days spent negotiating?

Out of all that you focus on the fact that Democrats proposed better voter registration.

Voter Registration.

And the thrust of your argument is “shame on Democrats”

“we should call them out - just like Republicans.”

Do you see how you are missing the big picture?

You are mirroring the corporate media. So desperate to point a finger at both sides - you miss all of the context and detail of what is actually happening.
I didn't focus on one I named more than one. Only YOU find one to be 'extra'and still tryna excuse it

U keep missing the point.

Voter registration HAS NOTHING TO DO with relief.

Nothing.

Period.

For the record I think Dems did a lot of good too. But throwing in the extra shit was nothing more than bad tactic.

And all these posts from just simply saying "surely we can call them out too"

Last edited:
I didn't focus on one I named more than one. Only YOU find one to be 'extra'and still tryna excuse it

U keep missing the point.

Voter registration HAS NOTHING TO DO with relief.

Nothing.

Period.

EVERYTHING else you mentioned is directly related to Coronavirus relief.

You believe those issues were extraneous because you have accepted the media’s framing instead of doing your own independent research.

What does bailing out a multi billion dollar organization

... have to do with unemployment benefits for a 27 year old who got laid off?

Nothing.

None of that should have been tied together in the first place. But it was.

Why was it?

Because McConnell and Republicans tied them together and effectively held the American people HOSTAGE to pass a $4.5 Trillion Corporate Slush Fund.

Do you have a problem with that? I didn’t hear you mention it.

No No. Or course not. You have a problem with Voter Registration. A non partisan, basic American right.

Ever wondered why the GOP has a problem with something as basic and non controversial as voter registration?

I know - off topic, right. We’re talking about the political “games” of the Democrats.

Thought Experiment - do you think Republicans would want us talking about how evil Nancy Pelosi is for daring to put updated Voter Registration into a Congressional Bill ...

Instead of why on God’s green earth Republicans would oppose it?

Oh but - That’s right, Democrats shouldn’t play politics AT ALL ... ever. They should be politicians who never play politics.

Unilateral Disarmament.

Kind of like the last 40 years - where Republicans use every dirty trick in the book to get whatever destructive and amoral policies they want with no repercussions or negative coverage from the media, or awareness from the American public.

Which gives them free reign to keep doing it over and over again.

But if the Democrats dare operate within this political framework to say - fight for workers rights or propose something as basic as “Voter Registration” - they are just as bad as Republicans.

Those dirty politicians - Let’s call them out! THAT is what’s important.

That is your argument.
That is what we should take away from this.

So when Income inequality sky rockets, millions more people endure financial ruin, and corporations waste this historic $4.5 Trillion corporate bailout that ends up exploding our debt and crippling our economy.

At least we know we called out Nancy Pelosi for having the audacity to propose ...

Voter Registration.

Last edited:
EVERYTHING else you mentioned is directly related to Coronavirus relief.

You believe those issues were extraneous because you have accepted the media’s framing instead of doing your own independent research.

Nothing.

Why was it?

Because McConnell and Republicans tied them together and effectively held the American people HOSTAGE to pass a $4.5 Trillion Corporate Slush Fund.

No No. Or course not. You have a problem with Voter Registration. A non partisan, basic American right.

Ever wondered why the GOP has a problem with something as basic and non controversial as voter registration?

I know - off topic, right. We’re talking about the political “games” of the Democrats.

Thought Experiment - do you think Republicans would want us talking about how evil Nancy Pelosi is for daring to put updated Voter Registration into a Congressional Bill ...

Instead of why on God’s green earth Republicans would oppose it?

Oh but - That’s right, Democrats shouldn’t play politics AT ALL ... ever. They should be politicians who never play politics.

Unilateral Disarmament.

Kind of like the last 40 years - where Republicans use every dirty trick in the book to get whatever destructive and amoral policies they want with no repercussions or negative coverage from the media, or awareness from the American public.

Which gives them free reign to keep doing it over and over again.

But if the Democrats dare operate within this political framework to say - fight for workers rights or propose something as basic as “Voter Registration” - they are just as bad as Republicans.

Those dirty politicians - Let’s call them out! THAT is what’s important.

That is your argument.
That is what we should take away from this.

So when Income inequality sky rockets, millions more people endure financial ruin, and corporations waste this historic $4.5 Trillion corporate bailout that ends up exploding our debt.

At least we know we called out Nancy Pelosi for having the audacity to propose ...

Voter Registration.
My guy we are literally in a thread full of hundreds of pages of every little thing the republicans do wrong everyday for the last 2'ish years, what did u specifically need me in particular to bring up that hasn't been brought up already? We know everything in your post already

I've stated multiple times I'm not defending republicans AND that Dems did a lot of good too, ESPECIALLY trying to stop (as I referenced) big corp bailout.

That's. Not. The. Point.

Last edited:

Nothing.

Why was it?

Republicans got shitted on for tryna bailout big corps, rightfully so
Literally my 2nd post on this subject

The problem is when u try to call out anyone's political affiliation for any wrongdoing u get all this extra bullshit.

U wanna talk about whether voter registration is bipartisan or not. They try to introduce something they knew they might get push back on, then hope they can blame the other party for not agreeing to shit they normally would debate weeks over.

Then u wanna blow off 4 days while criticizing trump for not reacting fast enough (he handled it poor af).

How many ppl got infected in those four days? How many people lost their jobs in those four days?

So those people that were affected in those 4 days can be justified bc of voter registration laws??

Do y'all hear yourselves?

The problem is when u try to call out anyone's political affiliation for any wrongdoing u get all this extra bullshit.

U wanna talk about whether voter registration is bipartisan or not. They try to introduce something they knew they might get push back on, then hope they can blame the other party for not agreeing to shit they normally would debate weeks over.

Then u wanna blow off 4 days while criticizing trump for not reacting fast enough (he handled it poor af).

How many ppl got infected in those four days? How many people lost their jobs in those four days?

So those people that were affected in those 4 days can be justified bc of voter registration laws??

Do y'all hear yourselves?

Do you see the framing you are using. You are in effect saying -

“Pelosi endangered thousands of lives by arguing for Voter Registration”

Bruh - that lacks so much context, it is antithetical to the actual reality of the situation.

Pelosi’s bill includes a shit ton more then Voter Registration. YOU were the one who focused on that.

Why did you do that? I have no idea.

But I do know it is Republican framing that takes your attention away from the substantive policies and issues that Republicans DO NOT want people talking about.

What the Senate agreed to before the House Proposal was absolutely pathetic. Even the final bill overall is terrible.

1) You keep conveniently leaving out the context that for millions - this stimulus will not come for 4 months ... 120 days.

Yet you are expressing outrage over 4 days ... please reconcile that contradiction.

2) The Pelosi bill that you deride proposed a number of things IN ADDITION to the basic provision of improved voter registration that should not be controversial to a single America citizen.

Here are a few :

• Bigger cash payments to Americans
    • An additional $2,000 for a family of 4
    • Making the cash payments monthly as opposed to a one time payment.
  • More financial assistance to hospitals
    • 3X that of the senate proposal; over $150 Billion more and in line with what experts say is needed to prevent hundreds of thousands of deaths
  • Expanding unemployment, paid sick leave
    • This made it into the Final Bill and will help tens of Millions of Americans
  • Suspending Mortages, Car Payments, Credit Card payments
  • Emergency funding for federal agencies
  • Environmental standards and protections for Airlines
  • Severely limiting executive pay and stock buybacks
  • Business Tax Relief incentivizing worker protections
  • $200 Billion additional aid for small businesses
  • Outlawing private company’s cutting off Internet
  • Suspending all consumer debt payments
  • $450 million boost to food banks
  • Tax Benefits rewarding Nonprofits for the help provided during the crisis
  • Legally Penalizing Price gougers
    • Effectively savings hundreds of millions of Americans significant money

And a lot more.

None of those were in the Senate Bill.
THOSE ARE THE THINGS DEMOCRATS WERE FIGHTING FOR

Do you think those things would be helpful?

To suggest that the Senate just had everything perfect and the drafting of this bill was just a political stunt is ridiculous and the epitome of intellectual dishonesty.

It’s not about keeping the right quota of saying bad stuff about Republicans and saying bad stuff about Democrats.

It’s not about neutrality. It’s about objectivity.

It is about the POLICIES and legislation that effect real people. When we completely ignore that to focus on meaningless politics - we all lose.

Do you see the framing you are using. You are in effect saying -

“Pelosi endangered thousands of lives by arguing for Voter Registration”

Bruh - that lacks so much context, it is antithetical to the actual reality of the situation.

Pelosi’s bill includes a shit ton more then Voter Registration. YOU were the one who focused on that.

Why did you do that? I have no idea.

But I do know it is Republican framing that takes your attention away from the substantive policies and issues that Republicans DO NOT want people talking about.

What the Senate agreed to before the House Proposal was absolutely pathetic. Even the final bill overall is terrible.

1) You keep conveniently leaving out the context that for millions - this stimulus will not come for 4 months ... 120 days.

Yet you are expressing outrage over 4 days ... please reconcile that contradiction.

2) The Pelosi bill that you deride proposed a number of things IN ADDITION to the basic provision of improved voter registration that should not be controversial to a single America citizen.

Here are a few :

• Bigger cash payments to Americans
    • An additional $2,000 for a family of 4
    • Making the cash payments monthly as opposed to a one time payment.
  • More financial assistance to hospitals
    • 3X that of the senate proposal; over $150 Billion more and in line with what experts say is needed to prevent hundreds of thousands of deaths
  • Expanding unemployment, paid sick leave
    • This made it into the Final Bill and will help tens of Millions of Americans
  • Suspending Mortages, Car Payments, Credit Card payments
  • Emergency funding for federal agencies
  • Environmental standards and protections for Airlines
  • Severely limiting executive pay and stock buybacks
  • Business Tax Relief incentivizing worker protections
  • $200 Billion additional aid for small businesses
  • Outlawing private company’s cutting off Internet
  • Suspending all consumer debt payments
  • $450 million boost to food banks
  • Tax Benefits rewarding Nonprofits for the help provided during the crisis
  • Legally Penalizing Price gougers
    • Effectively savings hundreds of millions of Americans significant money

And a lot more.

None of those were in the Senate Bill.
THOSE ARE THE THINGS DEMOCRATS WERE FIGHTING FOR

Do you think those things would be helpful?

To suggest that the Senate just had everything perfect and the drafting of this bill was just a political stunt is ridiculous and the epitome of intellectual dishonesty.

It’s not about keeping the right quota of saying bad stuff about Republicans and saying bad stuff about Democrats.

It’s not about neutrality. It’s about objectivity.

It is about the POLICIES and legislation that effect real people. When we completely ignore that to focus on meaningless politics - we all lose.
These long posts between us are overcomplicating something u will never choose to see

U turned this shit into something else

U have no prob with some of their provisions bc u fundamentally agree and believe in them. The republicans dont. They are fundamentally against them. It's a convo for another day. It's a fight that can wait. It's a debate that's lasted years. Right now let's get relief for people, not argue over emissions standards.

Trying to throw those brownies in there is nothing more than shady tactic. Same way republicans try to bailout major corps. U can see it when they do it, not when Dems do it.

It's not about equalizing the complaints. U own up to one little thing the deck is still stacked against the republicans BY FAR.

That's the crazy part, u can't even admit one.

This shit done got redundant my guy.

Back