The Official World Politics Thread

I say that to say... if in blue states you mean... then would that affect the electoral college? Now if red or purple... well that's a deep tragedy. Voting in blue if you're blue should still be important, but strategy should always be taken into consideration when it comes to elsewhere

Everybody knows what that is bruh. WTF

I still stand by what I said.

We suppose to be a democracy. Majority rules except on this shit
The fear is the popular vote could put in an uncontrolled despot unchecked due to the support of the ppl and funny enough now the electoral college except for two states has their electoral votes go to the winner of the popular vote in their state. I do think if I'm not mistaken in that last election a couple electoral voters went against that grain though.

Folks will vote, just dont be surprised that America is gonna America

A) This is not certain

B) They didn’t vote last time because of a made up controversy (See “Emails”)

C) Because they didn’t vote, this lunatic was elected and subsequently torched our Democracy.

So... for emphasis

Well...if folks go out and vote...things won't be bleak. There's still a whole year to go people.

I think folks keep forgetting Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah he won...but you gotta factor in

Russian interference
Black folks sittin out
Women sitting out
Good portion of Republicans sat out

People acting like he won by a landslide. His base was small, but if you add in those factors...then of course the perception would make them seem larger than they truly were.

Now tho...voter turn out is gonna be ridiculously increased imo. Now folks see what happens when you don't vote. Hopefully they wise up come next year

He did win

Theres a reason we have electoral college otherwise the majority of our votes wouldnt count unless we lived in cali/ny

Hillary missing out on key swing states is evidence of that not contrary to

I think you got that backwards mayne. Lol.

Electoral college IS the reason why majority of our votes isn't gettin counted. That's why they wanna do away with it. That's why the GOP been tryin to Gerrymander everything.

If it was strictly based on the popular votes...then yes Hillary would've won. Most votes win...that's democracy. Not this1st to 320 bs system we got now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc123 and Mister

Electoral college IS the reason why majority of our votes isn't gettin counted. That's why they wanna do away with it. That's why the GOP been tryin to Gerrymander everything.

If it was strictly based on the popular votes...then yes Hillary would've won. Most votes will...that's democracy. Not this1st to 320 bs system we got now.

Yea

The fact that you can get 51% of the votes in a state and automatically get 100% of that state’s electoral votes is fuckin ludicrous and irresponsible.

If it was strictly based on the popular votes...then yes Hillary would've won. Most votes win...that's democracy. Not this1st to 320 bs system we got now.
Most ppl in a concentrated area tend to vote the same way

If u just get 3 or 4 of the most popular states to vote in your favor u get the whole country

Most of the country would be completely ignored

Im not sayin electoral college is perfect n we shouldnt look for better options, but lets not act like we dont know what it does

Can u elaborate on this sir

Bleak how?

Four more years of Trump. It seems some people will vote him just out of spite because of the things the Democrats are doing. Voting against their best interests.

Proper ethics and honesty is great but we saw back in 2016 that most people really dont care about that. If the impeachment is the main focus there's a chance it could backfire.

Most ppl in a concentrated area tend to vote the same way

If u just get 3 or 4 of the most popular states to vote in your favor u get the whole country

Most of the country would be completely ignored

Im not sayin electoral college is perfect n we shouldnt look for better options, but lets not act like we dont know what it does

Doing it on a state by state basis makes no sense. Each individual’s vote should count equally.

Reactions: Mister
Doing it on a state by state basis makes no sense. Each individual’s vote should count equally.
I agree with @ChicagoFigure . If people in the most populated states determine elections, it will end up being the same as the electoral college now. A few states determining the outcome. Then policies pass without care for people in rural states and they deserve to have a say as well.

On the flip side, I guess their senators would be their voice for policy decisions.

Basically, electoral college as it stands now ain’t it, but pure majority wins ain’t it either.

I agree with @ChicagoFigure . If people in the most populated states determine elections, it will end up being the same as the electoral college now. A few states determining the outcome. Then policies pass without care for people in rural states and they deserve to have a say as well.

On the flip side, I guess their senators would be their voice for policy decisions.

Basically, electoral college as it stands now ain’t it, but pure majority wins ain’t it either.

Declaration of Independence says all men are created equal. Treat em like it. And no states would have an advantage, but it would be skewed toward big cities in general. I have no issue with that either.