Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

History says a sitting president can’t be indicted and the impeachment route is slow af, especially w a divided Congress.
I avoid politics like the plague at work but this one coworker came up to me sayin they got nothing on trump. Theyre gonna keep pushing this Russia collusion shit anyway so the narrative can work against him next election even tho theyll never be able to prove it.

I mean i have my opinions but i figure whos to know for sure? For all i know maybe the guy is right we just have to wait n see what the truth is.

But then I let the mf talk long enough to eventually say obama is the antichrist.

I avoid politics like the plague at work but this one coworker came up to me sayin they got nothing on trump. Theyre gonna keep pushing this Russia collusion shit anyway so the narrative can work against him next election even tho theyll never be able to prove it.

I mean i have my opinions but i figure whos to know for sure? For all i know maybe the guy is right we just have to wait n see what the truth is.

But then I let the mf talk long enough to eventually say obama is the antichrist.

Lol that’s the Fox News angle

Mueller has found NO EVIDENCE against the president.

Only response to that is “When exactly did Mueller lay out what evidence he has and doesn’t have? Did I miss that press conference?”

Mueller hasn’t said one word, which leads me to believe that he knows his investigation has to be absolutely airtight to actually make an impact.

Does everyone down with 45 have to look like even if they announced a cure for cancer I wouldn’t be listening I would just sit there thinking how good it would feel to punch them in the fucking face.
“Get the open hand fist or the deuce, Rock Paper Scissors” -Daylyt

14c217.jpg

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/cohen-testify-that-trump-knew-about-wikileaks-dump-dnc-emails

Cohen To Testify That Trump Knew About WikiLeaks Email Dump, Trump Tower Mtg

Michael Cohen intends to tell the House Oversight Committee Wednesday that President Donald Trump knew that Roger Stone was in contact with WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange about publishing DNC emails, according to his prepared remarks obtained by Politico.

Cohen wrote that he was present when Trump accepted a call from Stone during which Stone said that, per conversations with Assange, the hacked DNC emails would drop in the next few days.

“Mr. Trump responded by stating to the effect of ‘wouldn’t that be great,’” Cohen recalled, in direct contradiction to Stone’s testimony.

Cohen also concluded, in his testimony, that Trump knew about his son Donald Trump Jr.’s infamous Trump Tower meeting in June 2016 and responded to the plans for the meeting: “That’s good…let me know.”

He said that Trump considered Trump Jr. to have the “worst judgement of anyone in the world” and never would have given him the responsibility of setting up an important meeting without approval.

Cohen set the tone of his testimony from the first, calling Trump a “racist,” “conman” and “cheat.”

He added that Trump made out the checks to reimburse Cohen for Stormy Daniels’ hush money payment from his personal bank account, and paid in installments over months during his presidency.

Cohen also addressed previous false testimony that he’d given about Trump Tower Moscow, saying that negotiations over the possible real estate plan stretched much farther into the campaign than January 2016, and that Trump checked in on its progress frequently as he was running for President.

The testimony is peppered with examples of less damning, but quite embarrassing, episodes of Trump’s bad behavior. They include: calling black people “too stupid” to vote for him, threatening his schools not to reveal his grades or SAT scores and lying about his medical deferment to dodge the Vietnam draft.

giphy.gif

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/michael...d-hush-money-check-signed-by-donald-trump-jr/

Michael Cohen to Reportedly Produce Second Hush Money Check Signed by Donald Trump, Jr.

Michael Cohen is reportedly planning on revealing on Wednesday a check that is alleged to have been repayment for hush money he gave to President Donald Trump’s supposed former paramours signed by the president’s son Donald Trump Jr.

In advance of a public congressional hearing Wednesday, Cohen’s team has appeared to have released evidence he plans to show and prepared testimony to CNN. We’ve already learned that, according to Cohen, Trump was made aware of the damaging Wikileaks dump of anti-Hillary Clinton emails by Roger Stone.

Now we are learning that the alleged hush money scheme towards payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen MacDougal, which is the campaign conspiracy of which Michael Cohen has pleaded guilty, now includes not just the president, but also his son Don Jr.

After breaking this news on CNN’s New Day, host John Berman asked guest CNN’s Chief Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin for insights into this developing story.

Toobin reminded viewers that “Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to was making an unlawful campaign contribution by paying off Stormy Daniels on the eve of the election. Keeping her quiet to benefit Donald Trump’s campaign.” He then posed the question “did Michael Cohen have co-conspirators in that enterprise, this criminal enterprise of the unlawful campaign contributions?”

“These two checks, the one check we’ve seen from Donald Trump the president, and the other check that you’re describing signed by Donald Trump junior and Alan Weisselberg, the Chief Financial Officer of the Trump Organization, are, according to Michael Cohen, the reimbursement checks, or at least part of the reimbursement checks, which would implicate all three of them. That is Weisselberg, Donald Trump Jr., and the president in this criminal conspiracy.”

A97D3F59-3719-45FF-A75B-C81B4CF8F2A4.gif

Why is it taking so long for anything to happen to trump if they have all this shit on him?

A few things -

In America one is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.

That makes it very difficult to prove sophisticated crimes that are nuanced in nature. Prosecutors take years to form cases against drug lords because the legal bar is so high, even for people that have no stature in our government.

They are building an unprecedented case against the most powerful man in the entire word with all of the political and constitutional authority that his office grants him. People don’t even know if the man can even be charged with a crime - like if he murdered someone on Prime Time News, there is a legal question as to whether he could be charged ...

It also makes it difficult when nearly everyone they interview has lied through their teeth about virtually everything. Not to mention, the flammable political climate we are in.

On top of that this is a very sophisticated crime with hundreds of bad actors, entire governments, leaders of foreign counties, and dozens of officials with decades of experience implicated. There also isn’t a tremendous amount of “direct evidence” which makes it difficult to clear the high legal bar - but not impossible.

There is a mountain of “circumstantial” evidence and a fact pattern that is extremely compelling. Like, if you woke up in Chicago and saw 10 inches of snow on the ground, you’d tell your friend “Damn, it must have snowed last night ... but you don’t have any “direct evidence” that it snowed ... you didn’t see it yourself, you don’t have a tape recording of it - what you have is circumstantial evidence. Doesn’t mean it isn’t obvious or compelling evidence.

There is a snow mountain of circumstantial evidence in this case. Most of it is in plain sight through the President’s own actions and dozens of indictments already released by Muller (over a hundred crimes, 37 indictments, 7 guilty pleas). It’s kind of ridiculous to say they don’t have “any evidence” against Trump.

You don’t indict the sitting President of the United States without an iron clad case.

If Muller presents a shred of evidence (much less all of it) against the president and it forgets to cross a single T or doesn’t paint a clear, indisputable picture of wrong doing - his sympathizers would discount it as categorical lies and smear everything that he has done. Not only that, every Republican in the country would do the same.

This is the most important investigation in the nation’s history. Dude should take his time.

Elijah Cummings as the chairman just them folks with the "I'M RECLAIMING MY TIME!!" They off on some bullshit already for this Cohen hearing.

That is a funny ass saying to me for some reason

Back