Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/another-wave-trump-insider-books-on-horizon

Another Wave Of Trump Admin Insider Books On The Horizon

On the heels of the success of juicy Trump administration insider tomes like Bob Woodward’s “Fear” and Michael Wolff’s “Fire and Fury,” a new genre of government exposé is on the horizon: deep dives into the Justice Department.

According to a Friday Vanity Fair report, coming down the pike are New Yorker writer Jeffrey Toobin’s book on Robert Mueller’s probe and obstruction of justice in the administration, New York Times writer Michael Schmidt’s “Mueller-oriented project” and New York Times columnist James Stewart’s work on the intersection of Trump’s White House, the FBI and the DOJ.

Based on Trump’s reaction to the insider accounts published so far, a batch of books centering on Mueller’s probe, one of his biggest anxieties, is likely to set off even more turmoil and paranoia in the White House.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/george-...usiastic-about-potential-trump-putin-meeting/

George Papadopoulos to Jake Tapper: Sessions Was ‘Enthusiastic’ About Potential Trump-Putin Meeting

Just moments after the news broke that former campaign adviser George Papadopoulos was sentenced to 14 days in prison, a year of supervision, community service and a fine, CNN’s Jake Tapper debuted a clip from his pre-taped interview with Papadopoulos.

In the interview — the first since he pleaded guilty last year — the former campaign advisor insisted that he never alerted the Trump campaign about Russian dirt.

“As far as I remember, I absolutely did not share this information with anyone on the campaign,” Papadopoulos told Tapper.

Then, hedging a bit, he added: “I might have, but I have no recollection of doing so. I can’t guarantee. All I can say is, my memory is telling me that I never shared it with anyone on the campaign.”

The most explosive claim, however, revolved around Attorney General Jeff Sessions (then Sen. Sessions) who Papadopoulos insisted once again was in favor of his plan to have then-candidate Donald Trump meet with Russian president Vladimir Putin, contradicted Sessions’ sworn testimony.

“My recollection was that the senator [Jeff Sessions] was actually enthusiastic about a meeting between the candidate and President Putin.”

Papadopoulos further stressed: “I remember him being enthusiastic about a potential meeting between the candidate and President Putin after I raised the question.”

Papadopoulos also made a similar claim about Sessions last week in court.

In response to Papadopoulos’ claims, Sessions released a statement through his lawyer to CNN stating he “stands by his testimony.”

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/e...-forced-her-to-have-abortion-gave-her-herpes/

Elliott Broidy’s Mistress Says the GOP Fundraiser Forced Her to Have Abortion, Gave Her Herpes

The mistress of prominent Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy has made a number of explosive claims in a lawsuit. She says Broidy forced her to have an abortion and gave her genital herpes.

Former Playboy playmate Shera Bechard made the claims in court documents that were unsealed on Friday.

Bechard sued Broidy for breaching a hush money deal that had her receiving $1.6 million for not talking about her extramarital affair. That hush money deal was drawn up by none other than President Donald Trump’s former fixer Michael Cohen.

In the paperwork for the lawsuit — which Broidy’s lawyers not surprisingly fought to have redacted — are some salacious tidbits, including her accounting of the abortion and herpes.

Here is what was found in Broidy’s motion seeking the redaction, according to the Daily Beast.

They include Bechard’s claim that Broidy compelled to her to have an abortion; that he refused to wear a condom; and that he had sex with Bechard “without telling her he had genital herpes.” In addition, Broidy allegedly told Bechard he had prostate cancer and that he was unwilling to have his prostate removed “because it would stop him from having sex, which he told her was more important to him than life itself.”

Broidy’s lawyers have fired back in a statement calling the claims “spurious.”

“This person tried to extract money from me by making up false, malicious, and disgusting allegations. I have acknowledged making the mistake of having an affair, and I entered a confidential agreement to protect my family’s privacy,” the statement reads. “I honored my agreement until her lawyer breached it—and then, when I failed to pay her demands, she did what blackmailers do and went public with her lies. I will vigorously defend myself against these false and defamatory allegations, and I will seek all relief available to me under the settlement agreement against her and her attorneys.”

93FE790B-6F41-420D-9D76-9F10122F92B7.gif

Wow.. That’s the best that nigga could do.. But she is the niece of former President Jimmy Carter so maybe he wanted to get in good with high profile political family...

Last edited:
Back