Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...oking-forward-to-mueller-interview-under-oath

Trump: I’m Willing To Talk To Mueller Under Oath And ‘Looking Forward’ To It

President Donald Trump on Wednesday said he is “looking forward” to speaking under oath to Robert Mueller, the special counsel leading the federal investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

“I’m looking forward to it,” Trump told reporters, according to the New York Times.

Trump has referred to the investigation as a “witch hunt” and questioned the credibility of investigators. Earlier in January, Trump said it was “unlikely” that he “would even have an interview” with Mueller.

“We’ll see what happens. Certainly I’ll see what happens,” he said. “But when they have no collusion and nobody has found any collusion, at any level, it seems unlikely that you would even have an interview.”

Last week, Ty Cobb, a White House attorney representing Trump in matters related to the Russia investigation, said that Trump’s legal team is engaged in “active discussions” with Mueller’s team about the possibility of an interview.

NYT reports trump tried to fire mueller in june, but his wh counsel threatened to quit

his lawyer knew that if Trump fires him, Trump becomes impossible to defend.

But can Trump even fire him? I thought only Jeff Sessions could fire Mueller. So then Trump would have to fire Sessions, and hire someone willing to fire Mueller. Still looks guilty as fuck

But can Trump even fire him? I thought only Jeff Sessions could fire Mueller. So then Trump would have to fire Sessions, and hire someone willing to fire Mueller. Still looks guilty as fuck

Trump can fire Mueller.

Yea. Legally trump can fire him. But it would jus look bad.

Trump is used running everything like a mob boss. Its hard to do that shit at the highest levels of govt.

Think Rosenstein would be the one to fire him (other than Trump) seeing as Sessions recused himself

Back