Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...rted-first-lady-lives-here-at-the-white-house

WH Pushes Back On Rumor WaPo Reported: ‘First Lady Lives Here At The White House’

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders chastised the Washington Post on Monday for reporting a rumor that first lady Melania Trump resides with her parents in the suburbs of Washington, D.C.

In a lengthy profile on the first lady published Monday, the Post noted “a persistent rumor [floating] around Washington that Melania doesn’t really live in the White House and stays in a house with her parents and Barron near his suburban Washington school.” Named White House officials denied the rumor to the Post on the record.

“What do you make of those rumors?” a reporter asked Sanders at a press briefing Monday.

“I make of the fact that just when you think the Washington Post can’t get things any more wrong, they do,” Sanders responded. “And that that is an outrageous and ridiculous claim.”

“The first lady lives here at the White House,” she continued. “We see her regularly, and I think that’s something that belongs in tabloid gossip, not on the front pages of the Washington Post and I hope that they’ll do better next time.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...rd-time-differentiating-trump-and-blankenship

McConnell Ally Has Hard Time Differentiating Trump And Blankenship

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) former chief of staff struggled on Monday to distinguish between President Donald Trump’s rhetoric and that of West Virginia Republican Senate candidate Don Blankenship.

Despite a more mutually beneficial relationship years ago, Blankenship has cultivated a public feud with McConnell for the GOP primary coming up Tuesday. He’s called McConnell’s wife, Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao, and her family “Chinapeople” and dubbed McConnell himself “Cocaine Mitch” over a stash of cocaine once found in one of Chao’s father’s shipping vessels.

The majority leader thinks Blankenship is unelectable and has quietly urged West Virginia voters, backed by plenty of political dollars, to pick another Republican to pit against Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV).

McConnell’s former chief of staff, Josh Holmes, now runs a public affairs firm. But he’s still known for his ties to McConnell. When he tried to distinguish between Trump’s brand of rhetoric and Don Blankenship’s, though, MSNBC’s Katy Tur wasn’t having it

https://www.mediaite.com/online/bre...ny-ag-eric-schneiderman-of-physical-violence/

Four Women Accuse NY AG Eric Schneiderman of Physical Violence

Four women are accusing New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman of nonconsensual conduct and physically abusive behavior.

The New Yorker‘s Jane Mayer and Ronan Farrow spoke to two of the women – Michelle Manning Barish and Tanya Selvaratnam – who claim that Schneiderman hit them, often after drinking and in bed, without their consent. The two women did not report the assault to the police, but they did seek medical treatment for how they were treated, and Selvaratnam claims Schneiderman made several ominous comments to her. Not the least of these alleged remarks was that Schneiderman claimed he could have their phones tapped, and he threatened both women with death if they ever broke up with him.

Two other women have corroborated Barish and Selvaratnam’s claims, but have declined to come forward for fear of Schneiderman. One of these women, a prominent New York attorney, reportedly gave Farrow and Mayer a photograph of herself after Schneiderman slapped her face after she refused his advances.

Schneiderman offered a statement in response to The New Yorker‘s story, saying, “In the privacy of intimate relationships, I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity. I have not assaulted anyone. I have never engaged in nonconsensual sex, which is a line I would not cross.”

Earlier this year, Schneiderman attracted significant media attention after filing a civil rights lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein over the film mogul’s sexual harassment scandal.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/new...ical-violence-i-have-engaged-in-role-playing/

New York AG Eric Schneiderman Responds to Allegations of Physical Violence: ‘I Have Engaged in Role-Playing’

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, a high profile champion of the #MeToo movement, was the subject of a bombshell New Yorker report on Monday in which multiple women accused him of physical violence.

“As his prominence as a voice against sexual misconduct has risen, so, too, has the distress of four women with whom he has had romantic relationships or encounters,” Ronan Farrow and Jane Mayer reported for the New Yorker. “They accuse Schneiderman of having subjected them to nonconsensual physical violence.”

The allegations, coming from two women who spoke out on the record and another two anonymously, hold that Schneiderman “repeatedly hit them, often after drinking, frequently in bed and never with their consent.”

In response to the report, Schneiderman issued a brief statement, which is stunning as it offers a quasi-denial of the allegations, maintaining that his experiences with his accusers were consensual.

In the privacy of intimate relationships, I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity. I have not assaulted anyone. I have never engaged in nonconsensual sex, which is a line I would not cross.”

According to the New Yorker report, the “anguish” of the women accusing Schneiderman of abuse grew as the attorney general took up a prominent position in the #MeToo movement, with a highly publicized civil-rights suit against Harvey Weinstein.

As one of his accusers, Michelle Manning Barish, told the magazine, “you cannot be a champion of women when you are hitting them and choking them in bed, and saying to them, ‘You’re a fucking whore.’ ”

180503-woodruff-giuliani-michael-cohen-phone-tap-hero_c46ejt

Back