Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Two Things Can Be True At The Same Time Thread

How can the streets have a strict code that flexible depending on if the person is liked

No. The original argument is that Luka is overhyped. I have yet to get an answer to how a 20 year old can be overhyped with that stat line. You've admitted Lebron's line wasn't that at 20 and Lebron may have been the most hyped player in the history of basketball at the age of 20.

If you have to reach to YouTube videos for examples then you should know that's not the common opinion on the kid. And who are the analysts saying he's the best player in the league? I've been hearing Giannis and Lebron all season.

Edit: Also, for you to bring up P to take away from what Luka is doing shows you're not even up on the league right now. P is working his way back right now and isn't the P he can and will be.

Come on man. P isn't what he was right now, but he's not a bum. Like you said, he's still working his way back and he was still able to put up 22 pts and 14 rebs in the last game. I don't know if Lebron had anyone that could consistently give him even that level of help.

And again, for someone to be overhyped, it just means that what's being said about him is going overboard.

You got dudes in the league and on TV saying that he's the best in the league. Unless you believe he is the best, that is by definition overhyping him.

Come on man. P isn't what he was right now, but he's not a bum. Like you said, he's still working his way back and he was still able to put up 22 pts and 14 rebs in the last game. I don't know if Lebron had anyone that could consistently give him even that level of help.

And again, for someone to be overhyped, it just means that what's being said about him is going overboard.

You got dudes in the league and on TV saying that he's the best in the league. Unless you believe he is the best, that is by definition overhyping him.

What are P's season stats. You threw him out there as being another star on Luka's team to take away from what he's doing. P has not been at star level so far this season. How much basketball have you watched this season?

Jeff Teague and that clown Windhorst are representative of the common view on Luka? Or are they on extreme side of Luka fans? If you make the sstatement that some people have overhyped him, that would be true. What's not true is him being overhyped in general. In general he is getting the attention and praise that having a stat line like that, at 20 years old, warrants.

Quick question: Is Luka receiving as much hype today as Lebron received when he was the same age?

What are P's season stats. You threw him out there as being another star on Luka's team to take away from what he's doing. P has not been at star level so far this season. How much basketball have you watched this season?

Jeff Teague and that clown Windhorst are representative of the common view on Luka? Or are they on extreme side of Luka fans? If you make the sstatement that some people have overhyped him, that would be true. What's not true is him being overhyped in general. In general he is getting the attention and praise that having a stat line like that, at 20 years old, warrants.

Quick question: Is Luka receiving as much hype today as Lebron received when he was the same age?

Yeah but bron also had an amazing draft class so they all shared some of the hype ,where as it's just been Luka vs tre.That rivalry isn't holding up atm, also Luka would get even more attention but his black far less effective counter part aka James harden makes these type of statlines less appreciative. There's better argument on why he isn't receiving more praise than him being overhyped.

Last edited:
Yeah but bron also had an amazing draft class so they all shared some of the hype where as it's just been Luka vs tre and that isn't holding up atm also Luka would get even more attention but his black far less effective counter part aka James harden he makes these type of statlines less appreciative. There's better argument on why he isn't receiving more praise than him being overhyped

I'm not going to lie, this was hard to read.

Yeah but bron also had an amazing draft class so they all shared some of the hype ,where as it's just been Luka vs tre.That rivalry isn't holding up atm, also Luka would get even more attention but his black far less effective counter part aka James harden makes these type of statlines less appreciative. There's better argument on why he isn't receiving more praise than him being overhyped.

lol at harden being less effective

The democrats ain’t shit AND the republicans ain’t shit. Calling out the democrats don’t mean you’re pro Trump.

But if you tweet things like this:

You should expect those accusations to be made.

Look bruh, no one is say that you are overhyping Luka. No one is saying that Luka doesn't deserve some hype. Some are saying that Luka is overhyped, and if you have a vocal contingent of fans saying he's the greatest rookie ever and already the best player in the league, that's overhyping even if it doesn't represent the majority opinion.

Look bruh, no one is say that you are overhyping Luka. No one is saying that Luka doesn't deserve some hype. Some are saying that Luka is overhyped, and if you have a vocal contingent of fans saying he's the greatest rookie ever and already the best player in the league, that's overhyping even if it doesn't represent the majority opinion.

Did you miss where I clearly said, "If you make the sstatement that some people have overhyped him, that would be true. What's not true is him being overhyped in general."?

You and I know that when the OP made his statement he was speaking of him being generally overhyped. Not that a small minority are over hyping him. If we're going to have this discussion, at least keep it clean.

You didn't answer my question about how much ball you've watched this season.

Did you miss where I clearly said, "If you make the sstatement that some people have overhyped him, that would be true. What's not true is him being overhyped in general."?

You and I know that when the OP made his statement he was speaking of him being generally overhyped. Not that a small minority are over hyping him. If we're going to have this discussion, at least keep it clean.

You didn't answer my question about how much ball you've watched this season.

Bruh, what are you even arguing about then? @5th Letter didn't say the common consensus was overhyping or that he was being overhyped in general. He simply said that he's overhyped because he's white. It is a fact that there are some that are overhyping him, so that part of his statement is a fact. He didn't say everybody was overhyping him. He just sayid he was being overhyped. I can't speak for him, but I honestly don't know if he was even trying to make a statement about percentages. It could be that he was just speaking about things that he's seen and heard, which isn't necessarily representative of the greater public.

And I haven't watched much Bball this year. What's your point? I'm not trying to get into some in depth analysis of Luka's abilities and how he compares with other individuals. I'm just saying that people are claiming he's already the best player in the league and is the best rookie of all time. Those are very strong statements and I can certainly see why hearing those statements would lead people to say he's overhyped. If you think those claims are fair, then argue that, but if you feel those claims are too much then you gotta stop acting like people are being crazy to say he's overhyped when statements like that are being thrown around.

This kinda reminds me a while back on IC when some guy accused nba of trying to white wash the league bc 3 yrs in a row a white player got season mvp (Nash, nowitzki) when the 20 straight years prior n following 10+ consecutive years were all black mvp athletes

This kinda reminds me a while back on IC when some guy accused nba of trying to white wash the league bc 3 yrs in a row a white player got season mvp (Nash, nowitzki) when the 20 straight years prior n following 10+ consecutive years were all black mvp athletes

I don't think there is a conspiracy to do that, but let's be real, there are plenty of people who do want a big white star. Even Larry Bird spoke on it a little while back. He said it's natural to want to see someone like yourself when you're rooting for something. Given most NBA fans are white, he thought it was important to have more representation among that group.

I don't think there is a conspiracy to do that, but let's be real, there are plenty of people who do want a big white star. Even Larry Bird spoke on it a little while back. He said it's natural to want to see someone like yourself when you're rooting for something. Given most NBA fans are white, he thought it was important to have more representation among that group.
I get that I really do but I think it's being over played considering Luka is backing up the hype.

To what extent can we gauge it anyway?

Most white players that get picked high first Rd get the side eye from that organizations fans....including their white fans, especially if coming from euro league.

Bruh, what are you even arguing about then? @5th Letter didn't say the common consensus was overhyping or that he was being overhyped in general. He simply said that he's overhyped because he's white. It is a fact that there are some that are overhyping him, so that part of his statement is a fact. He didn't say everybody was overhyping him. He just sayid he was being overhyped. I can't speak for him, but I honestly don't know if he was even trying to make a statement about percentages. It could be that he was just speaking about things that he's seen and heard, which isn't necessarily representative of the greater public.

And I haven't watched much Bball this year. What's your point? I'm not trying to get into some in depth analysis of Luka's abilities and how he compares with other individuals. I'm just saying that people are claiming he's already the best player in the league and is the best rookie of all time. Those are very strong statements and I can certainly see why hearing those statements would lead people to say he's overhyped. If you think those claims are fair, then argue that, but if you feel those claims are too much then you gotta stop acting like people are being crazy to say he's overhyped when statements like that are being thrown around.

Like I said, if we're going to have this discussion, then keep it clean. There are always a loud and wrong minority with an extreme view. If you honestly believe that those are the people referred to in the OP then do you. But we both know that statement meant in general and to say anything else is to be dishonest.

If you haven't watched much ball how do you feel comfortable bringing up P as a second star on Dallas to try to somehow mitigate what Luka has done to this point? You put whether you're actually watching up to question when you introduced P to the discussion. You should have just left your argument at the fringe individuals who are actually doing too much regarding Luka.

Who was/is more hyped at 20? Lebron or Luka? Did I ever get an answer?

Back