Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official NFL Offseason Thread

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/01/giants-plan-to-keep-ereck-flowers-for-now/

Giants plan to keep Ereck Flowers, for now

The Giants are treating Ereck Flowers like the stuff in your garage. Since they can’t sell it on Cragislist, they’ll just hang onto it, thinking they’ll find a use for it some day.

According to Paul Schwartz of the New York Post, the Giants current plan is to keep the former starting left tackle and work with him whenever he shows up, rather than part ways with him immediately.

Flowers was well on the block last weekend, but no one wanted to give a mid-round pick for the former No. 9 overall selection. So rather than roll him to the curb, they’ll just put him on the shelf with the tennis racket with the broken string from 1997 and the coffee pots that don’t work and the ceiling fan with a missing blade.

Flowers has been the one Giants player to stay away from all their voluntary workouts, and new coach Pat Shurmur said during an interview on WFAN that they’re just going to take a wait-and-see approach.

“This is a difficult time to talk about those kinds of things because it’s voluntary, I get that,’’ Shurmur said. “There’s enough on tape — things didn’t go very well last year for the Giants, but he played through the year and there’s enough on tape for me to see there’s talent there. So whenever he decides to come in, we’re looking forward to working with him. Hey, that’s just what it is.’’

The Giants are hoping to have him come in at some point and compete for the right tackle job, after replacing him with Nate Solder in free agency. They used their second-round pick on guard Will Hernandez, but aren’t in position to throw away something that might be of value.

t-10.gif

This doesn't matter as they don't expect him to start

They signed him to a 3 yr deal lol

Might be ghost money though

Bruh. He’s not making the roster.

We ain’t having him as our primary backup because Hill is making the roster and we not gon carry 4 QBs to gonwith Savage

Bruh. He’s not making the roster.

We ain’t having him as our primary backup because Hill is making the roster and we not gon carry 4 QBs to gonwith Savage
I hope he make the roster just for the lols

NFL players are literally stupid. I see why they are easily taken advantage of

Jimmy G was ranked the 90th best player in the nfl with only playing 5 games and Watt made the list even though he missed 90% of the season

Meanwhile our rookie CB didn’t allow a TD all year was in the late 80s.

Lmao. CTE is real.

The list is always off. But I have noticed a few trends. QBs are usually ranked higher than they should bc of the position they play and respected veterans get that OG love from their peers. Lattimore gonna have to keep up the good work n he will be rewarded

He played decent towards the end of the season. I recall him not giving up any sacks.

Fuck stats. They had to design the offense To save eli from getting killed by that dudes awful blocking. Only reason he wasn't giving up sacks is cause Eli was getting rid of the ball so fast. Dude has a horrible attitude. I can deal w a bad player, it is what it is. But his attitude is the real issue. Nigga is told to come to camp n compete for a job n stays home like a entitled little bitch. You know how many dudes would give anything for a try out...

Fuck stats. They had to design the offense To save eli from getting killed by that dudes awful blocking. Only reason he wasn't giving up sacks is cause Eli was getting rid of the ball so fast. Dude has a horrible attitude. I can deal w a bad player, it is what it is. But his attitude is the real issue. Nigga is told to come to camp n compete for a job n stays home like a entitled little bitch. You know how many dudes would give anything for a try out...
He ain’t give up a sack when Geno started either. Instead of looking at it as something he could build from, your mind is already made up about him. But either way.

:ainttrippin:

He ain’t give up a sack when Geno started either. Instead of looking at it as something he could build from, your mind is already made up about him. But either way.

:ainttrippin:

They ain't change the offense for geno. It was the same shit. Short passes. I seen enough from the guy. He played a little better last year, but talent is not his primary issue, is a major one. But attitude is his main issue. This nigga came and was beefing w the Oline coach as a rookie. Dude has been uncoachable at times bc of his attitude, which explains why his technique does not improve. If he does put it together and is able to help this year, then great. We need a RT, but fuck that nigga lol

Camp ain't started nigga its VOLUNTARY workouts. Voluntary meaning its NOT mandatory he or anyone else be there.

Cowboys executive explains why the team really cut Dez Bryant
Steven Ruiz
15 hrs ago

AAwC2SW.img
© USA TODAY USA TODAY
Dez Bryant says that a group of players he referred to as "Garrett guys" played a large role in the Cowboys releasing him. The team's scouting chief says otherwise.

During an appearance on ESPN 105.3, Will McClay, Dallas' assistant director of player personnel, said the decision was based solely on Bryant's on-field production.

Via the Star-Telegram:

"It was a collective deal," McClay said. "The (inability) to win one-on-one, to win down field. There was inconsistency as well as some huge things in his play. So what's best moving forward for Dez Bryant the Cowboys, we just made that decision. It's a production-based business."

The film backs up McClay's comments. Bryant struggled to consistently create seperation, particularly on vertical routes. There was just too much of this…

Making matters worse, Bryant dropped far too many passes in 2017. The $8.5 million Dallas saved by releasing him was difficult to pass up for a plodding receiver with unreliable hands.

For a more modest salary, Bryant could be a valuable asset for a team, and Tony Romo gave him a pretty good endorsement.

Back