Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official NFL Offseason Thread

Dog I wish NFL Network had a show dedicated to just popping up on cats years into they career after being billy badasses on draft day.

“Everybody that passed on me will pay!” “I’ll remember this day til the day I die!!!!”

Then they’re out the league in 3 years. Shut up H&R Block manager. Foh man

Dog I wish NFL Network had a show dedicated to just popping up on cats years into they career after being billy badasses on draft day.

“Everybody that passed on me will pay!” “I’ll remember this day til the day I die!!!!”

Like some "where are they now" similar to the "Brady 6" ESPN joint. Where they showed homeboy that got drafted before Brady was raising goats on some farm

Lmmmmaoooooo!!

That shit sounds like a Chapelle skit. But in reality that would be so cold (towards the former player), but utterly hilarious!

There would definitely be some hands thrown and some furniture movin' if that happened. lol

My Jets had a great draft imo. A+

Sam Darnold, got our qb of the future. Every thing else is jus gravy.

I like that we tried upgrade the d line with 2 big DTs n the trade for the white boy DE from indy.

Hopefully TE Herndon ends up being the steal of the draft.

Still woulda liked a OLB tho...

@5th Letter

I see giants signed a couple undrafted CBs that can potentially work the slot...lets see how this turns out. Also wonder how this Ereck Flowers shit gonna unfold. I don't see them keeping him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...igating-after-angry-fan-tweets-threat-to-g-m/

Bucs investigating after angry fan tweets threat to G.M.

It’s OK for a fan to not like a draft pick of his or her favorite team. He can even boo, or set fire to a jersey he bought or something.

But to suggest violence in response to that disagreement’s not acceptable, and it’s amazing that I just spent time typing those words because somebody doesn’t realize that.

According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Buccaneers team security is investigating a tweet sent in the direction of General Manager Jason Licht.

After the Bucs took North Carolina defensive back M.J. Stewart in the second round, a man named Mike Rogers sent a tweet which read: “When I see Jason Licht next time I roll through Tampa,” and included a GIF of a drug lord killing a police officer in a bloody shooting. The man has since deleted the tweet, and told Stroud he meant no actual harm.

“Yes, that was a total exaggeration,” Rogers said. “Just caught up in the moment. It was just a tasteless tweet. I’m not a psychopath.”

Licht said he was aware of the tweet but didn’t want to comment.

Rogers, whose Twitter handle is @LuvDemNoles22, said he was angry about Licht’s draft strategy. The Buccaneers traded down from the seventh pick to 12th, and chose defensive tackle Vita Vea rather than Florida State safety Derwin James.

“I wanted [Quenton] Nelson really bad, but then he went off right before us,” Rogers said, referring to Colts pick at No. 6. “Then we traded back. James was still there and a huge position of need. I mean we have [Chris] Conte back, and he’s a huge liability in my opinion. I also think James not working out for teams hurt his stock, but I don’t blame him. They have tape and combine to go off of.”

Somehow, Rogers felt that was justification to suggest murder. But, he’s not a psycopath, according to his self-diagnosis. He’s apparently just a guy with a skewed reality that makes it OK to joke about a brutal murder in response to a team picking a player other than the one he wanted.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...land-raiders-suspected-domestic-violence-case

Police investigating domestic violence case involving Donald Penn

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Oakland Raiders left tackle Donald Penn is a suspect in a domestic violence case, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed Monday morning.

Penn, 35, allegedly slapped his wife's butt, poured a drink over her head and grabbed her wrist, according to TMZ. LAPD public relations officer Detective Meghan Aguilar said officers responded to a radio call at 9 p.m. Sunday, took a report and turned it over to area detectives.

When officers arrived at the residence, Penn had left the scene, Aguilar said.

Later Monday morning, TMZ reported that Penn and his wife, Dominique, issued a joint statement through their representative Denise White that disputed any physical altercation.

"There was a verbal disagreement, there was NO physical altercation," the statement said. "The two are in the middle of a divorce and it is a hard time for both parties."

Raiders owner Mark Davis has a zero-tolerance policy for domestic violence. Davis could not be reached for comment.

Penn, who is recovering from Lisfranc surgery to his right foot after being injured in Week 15 last season, signed a two-year, $21 million contract extension after holding out during training camp last summer. The injury ended Penn's streak of consecutive NFL starts at 170 games.

The Raiders selected two offensive tackles in this year's draft, first-rounder Kolton Miller from UCLA and third-rounder Brandon Parker from North Carolina A&T. Penn tweeted "MORE MOTIVATION" after the Thursday night selection of Miller, who was taken 15th overall and is considered to be Penn's heir apparent at left tackle. Penn later deleted the tweet.

Raiders coach Jon Gruden said Thursday that Miller's selection had nothing to do with Penn.

"This is about the future of the Oakland Raiders," Gruden said. "We have an outstanding young quarterback [in Derek Carr], we have a need at the position, and we're very fortunate to address [it]. But it doesn't really say anything to Donald Penn."

NFL players are literally stupid. I see why they are easily taken advantage of

Jimmy G was ranked the 90th best player in the nfl with only playing 5 games and Watt made the list even though he missed 90% of the season

Meanwhile our rookie CB didn’t allow a TD all year was in the late 80s.

Lmao. CTE is real.

Back