Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official NFL Offseason Thread

How you a Dolphins fan yet you rep DC (sure you been asked this many a time).

I’d be fine with a division realignment. Nice to see a shake up after 50 odd years. Still would like to see a game against the Cowboys every year. Make it important like college football rivalries. I’m talkin trophies and shit.

I am born and raised in DC. Literally damn near everyone in my family is a Redskins fans. Me just being me wanted to go against the grain. So before I really understood football. I got caught up in the hype of Marino, Clayton and Duper and all that passing shit that was going on. So I went with Miami. I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan. I was a Hurricanes fan before I was a Dolphins fan.

Crazy thing is the Redskins is the only DC team I'm not a fan of. My teams are Georgetown Hoyas, Wizards, Nats, Caps, Hurricanes and Dolphins.

Only time I actually root against the Redskins is when they play the Dolphins. If they ain't playing my team I want the Redskins to win.

There is waaaaaay too much draft coverage

Agreed! Thank you. All this coverage has actually turned me off to the draft. I'll wait to see which QB the Jets draft 3rd overall, then turn on a streaming service. Cuz the nfl has over done the draft, its gotten to big for itself. I remember when the draft was jus a nfl nerd weekend thing. Now its jumped the shark imo.

Last edited:
Agreed! Thank you. All this coverage has actually turned me off to the draft. I'll wait to see which QB the Jets draft 3rd overall, then turn on a streaming service. Cuz the nfl has over done the draft, its gotten to big for itself. I remember when the draft was jus a nfl nerd weekend thing. Now its jumped the shark imo.

Yeah, but I just avoid all of the filler coverage. There are some good guys to listen to on the radio and in podcasts. On TV, I really only pay attention to Mike Mayock.

Yeah, but I just avoid all of the filler coverage. There are some good guys to listen to on the radio and in podcasts. On TV, I really only pay attention to Mike Mayock.

This! You have to know who your personal go to guys are. 90-95% of this shit is fluff w/ people straight up guessing (w/ ridiculous trade scenarios) or parroting what they heard from another muthaphucka who don't know jack shit!

I still think the actual draft is a big deal and enjoyable. It's even better tho when you have bigger names (although I know several obscure players who I like) that make the element of surprise more of a thing for the 1st and 2nd rounds.

This! You have to know who your personal go to guys are. 90-95% of this shit is fluff w/ people straight up guessing (w/ ridiculous trade scenarios) or parroting what they heard from another muthaphucka who don't know jack shit!

I still think the actual draft is a big deal and enjoyable. It's even better tho when you have bigger names (although I know several obscure players who I like) that make the element of surprise more of a thing for the 1st and 2nd rounds.
Tbh, as an observer of the saints

The draft for me isn't all that compelling because the saints usually pick around 17 or below

I never know who they pick as I don't follow college fb like that, but I get somewhat intrigued because of the late round picks they always seem to hit on though

But fuck mel kiper though

I am born and raised in DC. Literally damn near everyone in my family is a Redskins fans. Me just being me wanted to go against the grain. So before I really understood football. I got caught up in the hype of Marino, Clayton and Duper and all that passing shit that was going on. So I went with Miami. I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan. I was a Hurricanes fan before I was a Dolphins fan.

Crazy thing is the Redskins is the only DC team I'm not a fan of. My teams are Georgetown Hoyas, Wizards, Nats, Caps, Hurricanes and Dolphins.

Only time I actually root against the Redskins is when they play the Dolphins. If they ain't playing my team I want the Redskins to win.

Same shit for me except you should've got down with Joe Rice and the Niners like me.

Not to mention the racist ass history of the redskins

The Houston Texans owner Bob McNair was more direct. He urged the players to tell their colleagues to, essentially, knock off the kneeling. “You fellas need to ask your compadres, fellas, stop that other business, let’s go out and do something that really produces positive results, and we’ll help you.”

YOOOOOOOO...it was fuck this dude before, but if you a player for houston, idk how you dont demand to be traded

The Houston Texans owner Bob McNair was more direct. He urged the players to tell their colleagues to, essentially, knock off the kneeling. “You fellas need to ask your compadres, fellas, stop that other business, let’s go out and do something that really produces positive results, and we’ll help you.”

YOOOOOOOO...it was fuck this dude before, but if you a player for houston, idk how you dont demand to be traded

Those NFL niggas aren’t going take that risk.. Of rebelling against the system/owners.. Those NFL checks are to big for them risk in their minds...

NFL players are easily replaced.

That’s why they ain’t gon really say shit.

As good as a player is. They are slightly better than their replacement 95% of the time.

Back