Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Lol he gonna have to do something for Bautista the way that man was dickeating.

drax-mantis.gif

Good. Start by shelving those shows nobody asked for like agatha and echo. Every thing doesn't need a spin off. ditch agatha and focus on vision quest. I think "Rogers" could be a good show something like the MCU version of glee or a special presentation : the making of Rogers. *Sings* I could do this all daaaaaay!"

If we're being honest the best parts of phase 4 were the tv shows.. The movies were where things were lacking

In an interview with Deadline, Robert Downey Jr. spoke about Quentin Tarantino’s disparaging comments towards the comic book movie genre, while also broadly discussing how he sees it all.

Downey started by stating how ”[he] think our opinions on these matters say a lot about us… But it’s a double-edged sword:”

“… I think our opinions on these matters say a lot about us. I think that we are in a time and place that I unwittingly contributed to, where IP has taken precedence over principle and personality. But it’s a double-edged sword. A piece of IP is only as good as the human talent you get to represent it and you can have some great IP even if it’s coming from an auteur or a national treasure of a writer director, and if you don’t have the right kind of artist playing that role, you’ll never know how good it could have been.

“I think that creatively it is a waste of time to be at war with ourselves. I think this is a time when everything is so much more fragmented now that I think you have this kind of bifurcation. Throwing stones one way or another…and I’ve had my reactions in the past when people said things that I felt were discrediting my integrity…I go, you know what, let’s just get over it. We’re all a community. There’s enough room for everything and thank God for Top Gun: Maverick and Avatar: The Way of Water. That’s all I have to say. We need the big stuff to make room for films like Armageddon Time.”

In an interview with Deadline, Robert Downey Jr. spoke about Quentin Tarantino’s disparaging comments towards the comic book movie genre, while also broadly discussing how he sees it all.

Downey started by stating how ”[he] think our opinions on these matters say a lot about us… But it’s a double-edged sword:”
I appreciate this POV, but RDJ is one of the biggest examples of what Tarantino was saying. His career was lowkey dying on the vine before getting that Iron Man role. Look at his filmography after 2008. It's basically a bunch of established IPs like Sherlock Holmes, Dolittle, and Avengers movies with a teeny tiny percentage of original joints spread in that aren't doing even close to what those established IP movies are doing. I think people are upset because they think Tarantino, Coppola, and Scorsesee are saying that these folks can't actually ACT or that they're not big names when they say they're not movie stars. That's not the case though.

I appreciate this POV, but RDJ is one of the biggest examples of what Tarantino was saying. His career was lowkey dying on the vine before getting that Iron Man role. Look at his filmography after 2008. It's basically a bunch of established IPs like Sherlock Holmes, Dolittle, and Avengers movies with a teeny tiny percentage of original joints spread in that aren't doing even close to what those established IP movies are doing. I think people are upset because they think Tarantino, Coppola, and Scorsesee are saying that these folks can't actually ACT or that they're not big names when they say they're not movie stars. That's not the case though.

I thought movie stars and actors in general did that kind of thing all the time. RDJr basically said as much. By actors having a couple of these MASSIVE movies in the tuck that gives them some more freedom to do some of the passion projects like indie movies or plays that might not normally get made without their big name attached to it. Part of the reason theyre names are big are from these franchises

How many movies stars have Tarantino, Coppola and Scorsese made in recent years? Let's be honest.

How many movies stars have Tarantino, Coppola and Scorsese made in recent years? Let's be honest.
How many movie stars has the MCU made in recent years? That’s the point. There are NO movie stars based on how the business has changed due to the success of the intellectual property film industry. I don’t blame the comic book films because this was happening before them ie Harry Potter and LOTR trilogy

It's actually pretty interesting
How many movie stars has the MCU made in recent years? That’s the point. There are NO movie stars based on how the business has changed due to the success of the intellectual property film industry. I don’t blame the comic book films because this was happening before them ie Harry Potter and LOTR trilogy

What do you all consider movie stars?

The actors are making lots of money, are international names, and many have the ability to take on other projects if that's what they choose. Maybe Chris Hemsworth isn't Arnold in the 80s, but it's not like he's a nobody either. And people like Benedict Cumberbatch has like two other movies for every Dr. Strange appearance he's done, so what are we really talking about here?

At the end of the day, directors and actors criticizing the MCU isn't the problem. The problem is that it's extremely transparent that their criticisms come from a place of hating.

When OG rappers shit on today’s rap, most of y’all niggas be on the old rappers side. Talking the “REAL HIP-HOP” shit.

When new rappers speak their peace on old rappers, y’all don’t listen to what they saying and shit on them.

Funny y’all not giving OG directors that gave y’all classics the same grace. But Nas is relevant.

It's actually pretty interesting

What do you all consider movie stars?

The actors are making lots of money, are international names, and many have the ability to take on other projects if that's what they choose. Maybe Chris Hemsworth isn't Arnold in the 80s, but it's not like he's a nobody either. And people like Benedict Cumberbatch has like two other movies for every Dr. Strange appearance he's done, so what are we really talking about here?

At the end of the day, directors and actors criticizing the MCU isn't the problem. The problem is that it's extremely transparent that their criticisms come from a place of hating.
They already told you what a movie star is. Y’all not getting it and I don’t know if I can explain it any better. No one is saying that these people aren’t big names. No one is saying that these people aren’t getting roles. No one is saying that these people can’t act. They’re celebrities. Celebrity actors, but they are not movie stars.

I thought movie stars and actors in general did that kind of thing all the time. RDJr basically said as much. By actors having a couple of these MASSIVE movies in the tuck that gives them some more freedom to do some of the passion projects like indie movies or plays that might not normally get made without their big name attached to it. Part of the reason theyre names are big are from these franchises
There was a balance. Brad Pitt doesn’t make a 12 Monkeys in this climate

They already told you what a movie star is. Y’all not getting it and I don’t know if I can explain it any better. No one is saying that these people aren’t big names. No one is saying that these people aren’t getting roles. No one is saying that these people can’t act. They’re celebrities. Celebrity actors, but they are not movie stars.

I didn't see where anyone gave a worthwhile definition of a movie star, but from your little rant, it sounds like they are just making up a definition to suit their own arguments which is...stupid.

I didn't see where anyone gave a worthwhile definition of a movie star, but from your little rant, it sounds like they are just making up a definition to suit their own arguments which is...stupid.
Examples were given and everything but you right. We all haters. Good talk. You have a good day brother Inori. Love and light

There was a balance. Brad Pitt doesn’t make a 12 Monkeys in this climate

this is easy to say.. but I dont see any justification for this stance at all. If anything he can do more movies like that if he wanted to at this point in his career

Examples were given and everything but you right. We all haters. Good talk. You have a good day brother Inori. Love and light

lol wut?

Back