Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

"But they’re not movie stars. Right? Captain America is the star. Or Thor is the star. I mean, I’m not the first person to say that. I think that’s been said a zillion times…but it’s like, you know, it’s these franchise characters that become a star."

This is also a silly statement to me tho.. Like that's a huge criticism of the Rock and some other actors that theyre just playing themselves in different clothes, accents and settings.

I like to see an actor get lost in the role to the point where I dont even see them anymore I just see THAT character. If they become a star off of that performance then dope.

This is also a silly statement to me tho.. Like that's a huge criticism of the Rock and some other actors that theyre just playing themselves in different clothes, accents and settings.

I like to see an actor get lost in the role to the point where I dont even see them anymore I just see THAT character. If they become a star off of that performance then dope.

its also a slap at the writers, directors, all the people who took part in making the film. If it was all about the characters themselves then nigs would be flocking to all of sony's comicbook projects...

Didn't we go through this with martin scorsese? LIke just shut up and go make your movies. People who are fans of yours will still go see your movies.

Halle Berry
William Dafoe
Angela Bassett
Natalie Portman

and plenty more respected actors and actress have played in these moves thus actually given them(the movies) more validation

These niggas weren't bitching and moaning when Schwarzenegger and Stallone were doing these popcorn type big action films.....
They weren’t bitching back then because those movies weren’t nearly as successful as these Marvel movies. They’re scared Marvel’s success is going to eat into their influence and budgets.

If I’m a studio head who’s job it is to make money, I’ll throw $200M into a Marvel movie that makes a billion before I throw $80M into a movie that gets awards but barely breaks even.

All these bitter directors are acting like so many great movies were coming out before the MCU blew up. Part of the reason the MCU became what it is was is because they were doing something different in an era where all we were seeing was remakes and rehashes of old shit. Hollywood has been creatively bankrupt for a long time. That didn't start with the rise of the MCU.

They weren’t bitching back then because those movies weren’t nearly as successful as these Marvel movies. They’re scared Marvel’s success is going to eat into their influence and budgets.

If I’m a studio head who’s job it is to make money, I’ll throw $200M into a Marvel movie that makes a billion before I throw $80M into a movie that gets awards but barely breaks even.

But they need to understand the times. WIth CGI and things like that. blockbusters aren't made the same way now.

These types of movies aren't what they do anyways, plus this nig said he was getting out of the game after his next movie....so go ahead and hopefully make kill bill 3 and bounce!

But they need to understand the times. WIth CGI and things like that. blockbusters aren't made the same way now.

I remember laughing cuz Scorsese shit on Marvel films then turned right around and sloppily tried to implement that same de-aging tech that Marvel did a hell of a job on to put Deniros young face on his old body as his old ass tried to stomp somebody out in the Irishman 🤣

I thought he meant can the actors that play Captain America, Thor and Spider-Man carry a franchise outside of the MCU? What are the those actors known for beside the superheroes they play.

its also a slap at the writers, directors, all the people who took part in making the film. If it was all about the characters themselves then nigs would be flocking to all of sony's comicbook projects...

Venom did numbers. And let’s not forget that being apart of the MCU machine is juicing these ticket sales of lesser franchises. Morbius would’ve did ANT MAN numbers if tied to the MCU.

I thought he meant can the actors that play Captain America, Thor and Spider-Man carry a franchise outside of the MCU? What are the those actors known for beside the superheroes they play.

"Carry a franchise ."...

That's the thing. A lot of movies are not made to be franchise movies. Only a very few genres do it.

Venom did numbers. And let’s not forget that being apart of the MCU machine is juicing these ticket sales of lesser franchises. Morbius would’ve did ANT MAN numbers if tied to the MCU.

Fantastic four flopped, X-men went down hill, even after they rebooted it. New mutants was crap.

Last edited:
"Carry a franchise ."...

That's the thing. A lot of movies are not made to be franchise movies. Only a very few genres do it.

How about another successful movie? I cant name a non MCU movie from none of them guys. I think that’s what he meant that as of now, them guys are not “movie stars”.

Last edited:
Fanatics four flopped, X-men went down hill, even after they rebooted it. New mutants was crap.

lol, and you think if some of Marvel recent movies was standalone movies from other studios, they would have the same sales? I think if Black Adam was a Marvel movie, it would’ve pulled double it’s sales, just because of the association.

How about another successful movie? I cant name a non MCU movie from none of the guys. I think that’s what he meant that as of now, them guys are not “movie stars”.

I understand but my point is there aren't any? What other franchise movies are out there?

Disney
A horror film
What else?

Knives out has a sequel and Chris Evans is in that.

RDJ did Sherlock Holmes..I think Chris Hemsworth is fairly new..like let that man eat.

I'm not sure if Chris Evans has done anything great outside of Captain America. Chris Hemsworth has done a few war movies that were good. He's also going to be in the next Mad Max movie. Not sure about Tom Holland besides Uncharted

lol, and you think if some of Marvel recent movies was standalone movies from other studios, they would have the same sales? I think if Black Adam was a Marvel movie, it would’ve pulled double it’s sales, just because of the association.

Those points are neither here nor there. There are comic books movies that flopped with very well known characters featured in them. So it's not just characters driven as Tarantino wants to make it

Back