Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Loc Thread

imagined if no one gave af, then NO ONE would know what anyone looks like
I hear ur POV but I disagree with this, cuz there r MANY women n men alike on this very site who post pics without prompting. In my experience, the ones who r urged to do it tend to be the 1s who poof/delete their pics within 5 mins or get off cam quickly on tc. Urging only makes ppl do things reluctantly, which isnt intuitive to a peaceful environment imo.

those who wanna do something, do so voluntarily.

did u see this post yesterday?
they started some lsa tea threads and invited fonts over and once we got there what did we see? Fuckbois badgering women for pictires, hoteps spewing misogyny nonsenses, some male mods from God knows where nagging and whining talmbout fonts not posting enough, not posting outside lsa threads, or posting under incog. TF! Who the fucc they thought they were policing us and thinking we owe them posts? Fucc that!

Everyone with a lick of sense left with quickness.
not saying that all curiosity bout how the ppl u talk with daily look like is wrong. but bein persistently asked that can be off putting too. its best 4 ppl to do things when/if it feels right 4 them.

well, lets just be honest

i was apart of the people who she was talking about i think lol

only b/c KMAP was insinuating something that was 100% false

but again, those LSA chicks were on some other stuff. They came out the gate saying they were only there for posting "tea" and that they had no intentions of posting pics b/c they liked their anonymity, and they didnt want "fonts" to hack them.

I aint NEVER pressured a chick to do anything, whether irl or offline. My frustration stemmed from the fact that they were really thinking people like Nia Long was sitting around worrying about stuff they might actually "know" about them irl. But i dont wanna continue with the derail.

or simply put, if your intent was to NEVER post a pic, then no amount of badgering is going to force you to anyway

I have no idea how this thread turned into post a picture/dont post a picture.

:disnig:

I was only kidding with my statement when I said yall have holes in your locs if you dont post a picture btw

fwiw trini, you know i heart you, and i think you cute af, but i respect your decision to not post any pics of yourself b/c i respect you. I might not like it lol, but who cares...thats up to you to share or not share.

my only issue is that at a minimum, the very people who run/maintain the site, i think the general members should at least know what they look like even if its on some "pic will be deleted by tomorrow" type shit...but thats my pov and i aint trying to push it off on anyone

well, lets just be honest

i was apart of the people who she was talking about i think lol

only b/c KMAP was insinuating something that was 100% false

but again, those LSA chicks were on some other stuff. They came out the gate saying they were only there for posting "tea" and that they had no intentions of posting pics b/c they liked their anonymity, and they didnt want "fonts" to hack them.

I aint NEVER pressured a chick to do anything, whether irl or offline. My frustration stemmed from the fact that they were really thinking people like Nia Long was sitting around worrying about stuff they might actually "know" about them irl. But i dont wanna continue with the derail.

or simply put, if your intent was to NEVER post a pic, then no amount of badgering is going to force you to anyway
I didn't quote that to get on the topic of LSAers n how they felt comfortable conducting themselves on BB. I literally only quoted it for that one line.

my point is that repeatedly asking ppl who have made their feelings about it clear, is pressuring. I don't believe that is the intention but I do believe it is the outcome.

not necessarily. ppl have posted or shared pics bcuz they felt pressured. that isn't unheard of.

n while u may be right that no amount of badgering might force sum1, that doesn't mean it won't impact the atmosphere.

if someone wants to post summin, they don't need to be asked. u can reassure them that its a safe space or encourage them, n that may be what the intention is when asking/urging them. but if u r repeatedly tryna convince ppl, they probably don't wanna do it.

a light isn't gonna go off in their head. if u truly want them to post pics, the best way is to let them come to that conclusion on their own.

fwiw trini, you know i heart you, and i think you cute af, but i respect your decision to not post any pics of yourself b/c i respect you. I might not like it lol, but who cares...thats up to you to share or not share.

my only issue is that at a minimum, the very people who run/maintain the site, i think the general members should at least know what they look like even if its on some "pic will be deleted by tomorrow" type shit...but thats my pov and i aint trying to push it off on anyone

YALL WANNA KNOW WHAT GOLDIE LOOKS LIKE!

dave-chappelle-o.gif

i'ma move the non dreads post into a thread of its own tomorrow ya'll

bout to "cook" babygirl some, as she likes to call it "grill grill cheese"

Truth, but my facts are still facts.

So in your belief, a man can 'not' sound like a female? If he can then a Vacaroo wouldn't be a reliable source of gender validation.
On the flip, neither can a picture with men out here looking more like females than some of these females. haha.

As stated, I stay playing DA. But for good reason. There is always a flip side to everything and most of the time folks are either afraid to voice it and combat the masses or just don't think that way.

In this case love... if you can sit here and 'honestly' say there is not ONE pic of you on the net...Not a FB page from you or your fam, not an IG pic, a high school yearbook pic that has now been digitized NOTHING, than I would agree with the whole "people just don't want their pictures on the net", in your particular case.

But it's not that way for most.. many are just afraid of putting it on here, in forums.. whether it be due to past experiences on other sites or what, but those same folk have an FB, IG, Twitter, SU, Myspace etc etc haha.

What is fear? Truly.. I am curious.
Not really a fear anymore but when my bills were paid by corporate America and my licenses could be affected by things said on social media and forums it could create a problem. Now I am just a person that doesnt take pictures and post them. I will
Then those handful are the ones to whom I speak sir/ma'am. ;-)

I love all of ya'll though. No lie.

EO is all. You can't say that I am not speaking truth.

Men want to know that they are speaking to a woman. If not for you 'knowing' the women who may not have posted their pics personally would you be willy nilly to play E-dating games with them , speak fresh to them or Key Key with them?

You know I stay playing devils advocate I'm just being 100 with ya'll .

@Lurker10 - Thank you very much sir. It is much appreciated. And the little one is adorable.
e2vBYga.gif
thank you. lil Ras is a handful tho

Not really a fear anymore but when my bills were paid by corporate America and my licenses could be affected by things said on social media and forums it could create a problem. Now I am just a person that doesnt take pictures and post them. I will

thank you. lil Ras is a handful tho

If that's your hair in your avi?

Al8jp.gif
Al8jp.gif

Pisses me off seeing niggas pushing 30 with full heads of hair and I'm rocking the kanye bald fade. Life aint fair b

Back