Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official James Webb Space Telescope Thread: First image released 100 times more powerful than the Hubble Telescope

I cant find the 'threshold timeline' online but this is from the book... There are 9 main thresholds to our origin story...

It gives fundamental dates for the modern origin story using approximate absolute dates and recalculated dates, as if the universe had been created 13.8 years ago, instead of 13.8 BILLION years ago. Its makes it easier to get a sense of the chronological shape to the story in our minds...

EVENT
APPOXMATE ABSOLOUTE DATE
DATE DIVIDED BY BILLION
THRESHOLD 1: The Big Bang (origin of the universe)​

13.8 billion years ago​
13. 8 years ago​
THRESHOLD 2: The first stars begin to glow​
13.2 (?) billion years ago​
13. 2 years ago​
THRESHOLD 3: New elements forged in dying large stars​
Continuously from threshold 2 to present days​
Continuously from threshold 2 to present days​

THRESHOLD 4: Our sun and solar system form​
4.5 billion years ago​
4.6 years ago​

THRESHOLD 5: Earliest life on Earth​
3.8 billion years ago​
3.8 years ago​

The first large organisms on Earth​
600 million years ago​
7 months ago​

An astroid wipes out the dinosaurs​
65 million years ago​
24 months ago​

The hominin lineage splits from the chip linage​
7 million years ago​
2.5 days ago​
Homo erectus
2 millions year ago​
17 hours ago​

THRESHOLD 6: First evidence of our species, Homo Sapiens
200,000 years ago​
100 minutes ago​

THRESHOLD 7: End of last ice age, beginning of Holocene, earliest signs of farming​
10,000 years ago​
5 minutes ago​

First evidence of cities, states, agrarian civilizations​
5,000 years ago​
2.5 minutes ago​

Roman and Han Empires flourish​
2,000 years ago​
1 minute ago​

World zones begin to be linked together​
500 years ago​
15 seconds ago​

THRESHOLD 8: Fossilfules revolution begins​
200 years ago​
6 seconds ago​

The Great Acceleration: humans land on the moon​
50 years ago​
1.5 seconds ago​

THRESHOLD 9 (?): A sustainable world order?​
100 years in the future​
3 seconds to go​

The sun dies​
4.5 billion in the future​
4.6 years to go​

The universe fades to darkness: entropy wins​
Gazillions and gazillions of years in the future​
Billions and billions of years from now​

Last edited:
I happened to be reading a book at the moment, 'The Origin Story' which is kinda dope as its coincided with this JWST stuff... Im only the beginning of the universe and stars atm and I dont fully understand everything, its so hard to comprehend and wrap my head around somethings but its still fascinating stuff...

The part about 'The Big Bang' etc thats blown my mind is that the universe is always expanding, like it really is infinite... The Universe started off something like billions and billions of times smaller than this period here '.' and from the 100th trillion mili second (or something similar) wild sh!t happened with energy etc and the universe has been expanding ever since... So if we arnt the only universe, think whats going on in the other universes...

Lifelong learners will appreciate this book about the history of everything  | Bill Gates

And one of the crazier shits is that even though the universe is expanding at a rate that is mind blowing, and its been expanding at that rate for 14 billion years, the size of the universe grew faster in that 1st second after the big bang than the 14 billion years after it.

But man I dont think enough time is considered thinking about the word infinite. That word should not be thrown around lightly. Because infinite means every possibility will be playing out infinite times at the same time. All within the rules of the physics of our universe ofcourse.

If you tell me we are the only forms of life, and the universe is near infinite, but not really infinite, then you can make the argument that we really are the only intelligent forms of life in the universe, no matter how small that probability is, its a possibility.

But if you tell me the universe is infinite, then that means all the possible things that can happen will happen at some point or another, which means there is a point where we are the only intelligent life forms, then another point where there are other intelligent forms of life, and then another point where there are infinite versions of us.

An infinite universe is something idk if I even to be true. Lmaooo.

And one of the crazier shits is that even though the universe is expanding at a rate that is mind blowing, and its been expanding at that rate for 14 billion years, the size of the universe grew faster in that 1st second after the big bang than the 14 billion years after it.

But man I dont think enough time is considered thinking about the word infinite. That word should not be thrown around lightly. Because infinite means every possibility will be playing out infinite times at the same time. All within the rules of the physics of our universe ofcourse.

If you tell me we are the only forms of life, and the universe is near infinite, but not really infinite, then you can make the argument that we really are the only intelligent forms of life in the universe, no matter how small that probability is, its a possibility.

But if you tell me the universe is infinite, then that means all the possible things that can happen will happen at some point or another, which means there is a point where we are the only intelligent life forms, then another point where there are other intelligent forms of life, and then another point where there are infinite versions of us.

An infinite universe is something idk if I even to be true. Lmaooo.

Its such a complex debate, that its hard and intense enough IRL that its almost impossible to debate in text (for me) haha

The universe is always expanding which has been proven but yeah, I guess it could stop??? Which would mean its NOT infinite...

Being that the we are just one of many universes, surely there must be other planets, like ours with intelligent life on it OR how mad would this be... playing out THEIR version of evolution right now, maybe (for arguments sake) a billion years in front or behind ours!!!

Why he got the joker smile fam? Lmaooo. Its over if he ever decides were next.

Yall wanted intelligent life? Careful what you wish for. Lmaoo
Who told y'all hairy niggaz to take my picture?

jwst telescope is just bigger and better..Hubble has been doing its thing for a long time and has given us great images but jwst will do us even better, here’s a side by side of the same shot from both… jwst you can actually see the swirl galaxies which is wildly cool

View attachment 882287
I heard on spacenuts podcast hubble took like 9days to capture that image Webb did it in 12 hrs

And they had to have permission from religious heads to put this out.

Anyone wanna guess why?

so I peeped the article…where did they have to get permission from religious ppl? It literally just says 24 theologians got together to discuss how those w religious backgrounds would react to the news if alien life was be found outside of Earth.

Am I missing something?

so I peeped the article…where did they have to get permission from religious ppl? It literally just says 24 theologians got together to discuss how those w religious backgrounds would react to the news if alien life was be found outside of Earth.

Am I missing something?

Lol that looked more like a “we got something coming so this is y’all’s chance to work on getting your stories straight”

Back