Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official James Webb Space Telescope Thread: First image released 100 times more powerful than the Hubble Telescope

JWST should be able to tell us which planets (exoplanets) have an atmosphere that can support life as we know it.

Then well just need to get to them...

I heard Neil Degrasse Tyson speculate that there is a decent chance all life on Earth can trace its origin back to life on Mars

We would be looking at an image from millions of years ago though, we could show up and they been long dead

Would JWST only be able to tell us what a planet's atmosphere was like in the past? I'm not sure about that.

Plus there are nearer exoplanets which are not so far and which might have the right atmosphere.

Last edited:
Would JWST only be able to tell us what a planet's atmosphere was like in the past? I'm not sure about that.

Plus there are nearer exoplanets which are not so far aware who might have the right atmosphere.

Every image it shows us is from the distant past….I’m not sure what other methods they have to assess atmospheric conditions though

I’m really intrigued by the idea of Planet Nine and the possibility that it orbits the second star in our binary system (most solar systems are actually binary star systems)

Struggling to find the right search terms to plug into Google to figure out if that info is received in real-time

From what I found earlier it seems that what I said is more wrong than right. These measurements use one of the same instruments. However, it seems like JWST would not be able to determine the atmosphere from really far away exoplanets (though it could determine whether their galaxies have certain elements, which is not very helpful). So what it finds will be dated, but it will only be able to search the atmospheres for closer exoplanets.

If any of that is wrong, I welcome being corrected.

This shit is crazy.

Thought we were a speck of sand in the universe?

Think again.

We like a single atom of a speck of sand if the whole earth was just sand.

Probably even smaller.

Shits crazy.

“The universe doesn’t make anything in ones”

There might be not only a multiverse, but several multiverses

Last edited:
“The universe doesn’t make anything in one’s”

There might be not only a multiverse, but several multiverses

Man my thing is, having the universe be this big, amd adding 14 billion years of time to it, its impossible for the coincedences that lead us being here hasnt happened or isnt happening elsewhere.

Meaning, theres multiple versions of us running around this universe, dont even need there to be a multiverse to have multiple versions of us.

Shits crazy.

This shit is crazy.

Thought we were a speck of sand in the universe?

Think again.

We like a single atom of a speck of sand if the whole earth was just sand.

Probably even smaller.

Shits crazy.

I happened to be reading a book at the moment, 'The Origin Story' which is kinda dope as its coincided with this JWST stuff... Im only the beginning of the universe and stars atm and I dont fully understand everything, its so hard to comprehend and wrap my head around somethings but its still fascinating stuff...

The part about 'The Big Bang' etc thats blown my mind is that the universe is always expanding, like it really is infinite... The Universe started off something like billions and billions of times smaller than this period here '.' and from the 100th trillion mili second (or something similar) wild sh!t happened with energy etc and the universe has been expanding ever since... So if we arnt the only universe, think whats going on in the other universes...

Lifelong learners will appreciate this book about the history of everything  | Bill Gates

Last edited:
Back