Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Hurricane Thread

it shouldn't be all that hard to
foot-mouth.jpg

lemme stop u right there

to keep from getting fake upset, all im going to say is, in theory, your plan is the correct course of action, however, in practice, its not when 500k+ people are having those same thoughts as shelves in stores are emptied, gas at stations is drained, and hotels to flee are booked and have been marked up b/c they want a dollar too for all the added influx of people

for once man, can you please stop trying to give opinions on a subject you completely are ignorant about?

people with the least amount of resources will always be left behind in the shittiest conditions during mass evacuations..

and the aid won't ver reach them because they will be overwhelmed with the folk who had the resources to at elast get to the aid.....

the shit is a fucked up situation no matter how you look at it,

the condescending tone of "just get up and move" is extremely ignorant and completely dismissive towards the entire population of people that t simply may be impossible for.....

elderly,sick, handicapped, mentally challenged,parents separated from their children due to work, school and day care....

people who want to go back for family members that may be in nursing homes, or living alone in a bad part of the city....

protecting yourself from opportunist and looters....people have evacuated for storms that weren't that bad only to come home to an empty house.....

they may be fearful of doing ti again, just ride it out.....

evacuations are never simple.....to suggest that is.....stupid

I never evacuated before, i'll let yall know how it goes. I plan on leaving today, I'm not waiting till thurs. But then again, i know alot of people can't just call off of work and shit, but then again, this is your life we're talkin about.

to keep from getting fake upset, all im going to say is, in theory, your plan is the correct course of action, however, in practice, its not when 500k+ people are having those same thoughts as shelves in stores are emptied, gas at stations is drained, and hotels to flee are booked and have been marked up b/c they want a dollar too for all the added influx of people

for once man, can you please stop trying to give opinions on a subject you completely are ignorant about?
Nope lol

Bro they tell you well in advance when a tornado and hurricane is coming so you can be prepared.

My guy.....

I live in Cleveland and was born and raised here. When I was in the Marine Corps i was stationed in Cherry Point, NC. We lived in a house off base. Our backyard has pine trees that are at least 60 feet high. Bout 20 trees. The area we lives in has a lot of forrest area. One of my friends who got out a month after me bought a house right around the corner from where we stayed. They had to pack up and leave their house. Probably for good. Not for a few days. Forever. If they ever even comeback to that house it will likely be destroyed. Whole neighborhoods will likely be inhabitable.

Keep in mind that when some of these people leave they know that there's a very good chance that they won't ever be able to come back. So while we're living in the midwest, up north, or out west, it's very easy to tell someone who's right in the shit to just go away for a lil while but that's not what's happening here. You're asking people to uproot their whole lives and start over. There's no amount of preparation for anyone to do that's easy. It's not easy to just leave your only place you call home and chill out for a few days. You can pack a few clothes for a few days an some supplies but you cannot pack up your whole lifestyle, way of living, and your family and just leave. And we're not talking about a few people. We're talking hundreds of thousands at minimum.

It doesn't matter how far in advance they tell you it's coming. You're asking people to move their whole lives with no assurances and no idea what to expect next. try to put things in perspective. Imagine if by some crazy act of god the Great Lakers started forming cat 5 hurricanes and they told us all to leave. I'm talking about Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Buffalo, Toronto. You all need to leave now. Major cat 5 hurricanes are coming. It's catastrophic. The hell we gonna do? Where are all of those people gonna go in a timely and prepared fashion?

Sometimes man there's just no answers. Sometimes it's okay to say we don't know. We don't know how much damage this hurricane or the next one will cause and people don't know where to go and what to do. One thing for sure is that it is not easy to just go. If it was that easy it wouldn't be a story. Try to remember that these natural disasters change lives. They take lives. Its always more serious than we ever think it is.

also remember the media purposely hypes this shit, knowing people gonna spend hella money out of fear....

hotels on fear, gas on fear, food on fear....niggaz who have nothing spend money they don't even have out of fear produced by the news, only for it to not be that bad....

living on the east coast i can't tell you how many times, my local news covered hurricanes and all we got was a steady slow rain for a couple of days....

no flooding in my area... no reason for evacuation, but the stores be bare...gas stations be empty...

all in preparation....

and the shit happens so frequently you gotta question the validity... sometimes people don't believe the hype till it's here.....

they've called for 18 inches of snow before and we got less than 3 inches...

I also forgot to mention that as far as I know houses in NC don't have basements. Coming from Cleveland that was an adjustment for us. The flooding down there is gonna be crazy.

people with the least amount of resources will always be left behind in the shittiest conditions during mass evacuations..

and the aid won't ver reach them because they will be overwhelmed with the folk who had the resources to at elast get to the aid.....

the shit is a fucked up situation no matter how you look at it,

the condescending tone of "just get up and move" is extremely ignorant and completely dismissive towards the entire population of people that t simply may be impossible for.....

elderly,sick, handicapped, mentally challenged,parents separated from their children due to work, school and day care....

people who want to go back for family members that may be in nursing homes, or living alone in a bad part of the city....

protecting yourself from opportunist and looters....people have evacuated for storms that weren't that bad only to come home to an empty house.....

they may be fearful of doing ti again, just ride it out.....

evacuations are never simple.....to suggest that is.....stupid

Nigga, I'm not talking about the entire population, I'm talking about a single household getting out of the way until the coast is clear. You sitting up bringing up shit that no one has ever said which is why you should have minded your business.

My guy.....

I live in Cleveland and was born and raised here. When I was in the Marine Corps i was stationed in Cherry Point, NC. We lived in a house off base. Our backyard has pine trees that are at least 60 feet high. Bout 20 trees. The area we lives in has a lot of forrest area. One of my friends who got out a month after me bought a house right around the corner from where we stayed. They had to pack up and leave their house. Probably for good. Not for a few days. Forever. If they ever even comeback to that house it will likely be destroyed. Whole neighborhoods will likely be inhabitable.

Keep in mind that when some of these people leave they know that there's a very good chance that they won't ever be able to come back. So while we're living in the midwest, up north, or out west, it's very easy to tell someone who's right in the shit to just go away for a lil while but that's not what's happening here. You're asking people to uproot their whole lives and start over. There's no amount of preparation for anyone to do that's easy. It's not easy to just leave your only place you call home and chill out for a few days. You can pack a few clothes for a few days an some supplies but you cannot pack up your whole lifestyle, way of living, and your family and just leave. And we're not talking about a few people. We're talking hundreds of thousands at minimum.

It doesn't matter how far in advance they tell you it's coming. You're asking people to move their whole lives with no assurances and no idea what to expect next. try to put things in perspective. Imagine if by some crazy act of god the Great Lakers started forming cat 5 hurricanes and they told us all to leave. I'm talking about Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Buffalo, Toronto. You all need to leave now. Major cat 5 hurricanes are coming. It's catastrophic. The hell we gonna do? Where are all of those people gonna go in a timely and prepared fashion?

Sometimes man there's just no answers. Sometimes it's okay to say we don't know. We don't know how much damage this hurricane or the next one will cause and people don't know where to go and what to do. One thing for sure is that it is not easy to just go. If it was that easy it wouldn't be a story. Try to remember that these natural disasters change lives. They take lives. Its always more serious than we ever think it is.

I'm not talking about property or none of that I'm talking about safety. People can get hurt or lose their lives with those natural disasters so me saying get out of the way until it's over is just for safety reasons.

Nigga, I'm not talking about the entire population, I'm talking about a single household getting out of the way until the coast is clear. You sitting up bringing up shit that no one has ever said which is why you should have minded your business.
minded my business on a open fucking topic..

nigga you gotta dumb opini on the shit, you been had a dumb opinion on the shit, and niggaz repedeatedly tell you why your opinoo dumb on this shit, and you stay getting mad defending your dumb ass stance like that shit somehow makes you sound less dumb.

you dumb you wrong, if anyone should shut the fuck up and not speak on this shit i'ts your dumb ass....

nigga....

minded my business on a open fucking topic..

nigga you gotta dumb opini on the shit, you been had a dumb opinion on the shit, and niggaz repedeatedly tell you why your opinoo dumb on this shit, and you stay getting mad defending your dumb ass stance like that shit somehow makes you sound less dumb.

you dumb you wrong, if anyone should shut the fuck up and not speak on this shit i'ts your dumb ass....

nigga....

My opinion ain't dumb you fucking jackass, how am I wrong for wanting to get away from a natural disaster for my own safety. You're the dumb one

My opinion ain't dumb you fucking jackass, how am I wrong for wanting to get away from a natural disaster for my own safety. You're the dumb one

You're wrong for not understanding that there is no such thing as getting away for your own safety. When people say things like they only have the clothes on their back they mean that shit literally.

nigga shit the fuck up.

you always on that stupid shit.......

like you be doing good for a minute, but go back to being a fucking dumb ass like it's a crack addiction...

only ngga i know addicted to being a dumb ass

You're wrong for not understanding that there is no such thing as getting away for your own safety. When people say things like they only have the clothes on their back they mean that shit literally.
he know that shit bruh, he just going full retard today... just smile and wave

nigga shit the fuck up.

you always on that stupid shit.......

like you be doing good for a minute, but go back to being a fucking dumb ass like it's a crack addiction...

only ngga i know addicted to being a dumb ass

It ain't nothing dumb about anything I'm saying, I'm saving my familie's life. We'll be good after it's over cause we won't be hurt and still breathing. Your goofy ass talking about other people that don't matter to me and shouldn't matter to you. FOH nigga

Back