Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official DCU Thread

Super Sons is an extremely popular book and concept. Jon has been the biggest breakout character in the last 5 yrs for the company. Also it is the logical next step for MoS Lois & Clark. Even Snyder was planning the conception of their son for the end of his original movie arc. You can still have both. The comics do. Bendis just brought back Conner.

h68qmihjbzb21.jpg

Batfleck is out.

Ben Affleck Out As Batman, New Actor to Be Cast

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/31/ben-affleck-out-as-batman/

After Henry Cavill's recent situation with the Superman role, many have theorized that Ben Affleck wouldn't be far behind in exiting the role of Batman. Now it looks like that's what has happened.

According to a new report from Deadline, Affleck will be stepping aside for a younger actor to play the Caped Crusader.

Ben Affleck's portrayal of the Dark Knight has been a bit polarizing amongst fans of the character, though after his take debuted in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice many were celebrating the portrayal as one of the high points of the film. Sure it was darker than previous takes (which is saying something when it followed Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy), but many liked the physicality he brought to the role.

Affleck followed that performance with a cameo in Suicide Squad, and then appeared next in Justice League, but once again the DC film ended up dividing fans. The film made an attempt to inject more lightheartedness and humor, and some of Affleck's scenes were included in that attempt. Unfortunately, it struggled to find a balance, something that wasn't helped from the film's use of two directors (Zack Snyder and then Joss Whedon).

Justice League failed to do the business that was expected from it at the box office, and so the status of a Justice League 2has been in limbo. As for Affleck, he was originally supposed to direct and star in the Batman solo film but later stepped down from directing. A script had already been written by that point, though when Matt Reeves was brought on board to direct the movie they essentially started from scratch, deciding that the Affleck treatment would no longer be used. At least, that's what we've been able to gather so far from reports.

3COMMENTS
Now it looks like someone else will be in the Batman role, and it remains to be seen what direction WB and DC will go this time around.

How do you feel about Affleck leaving Batman behind? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

gotdamn! Is Cavill still in as superman? Can they hold on to Ezra as Flash?

I'm sure they aren't letting go of Momoa after how Aquaman performed in theatres or Gadot as Wonder woman... but shit.. gotta be rough to lose one of your major fuckin superheros and to have the other questionable to return... what a mess

Shits a wrap. I don’t see them doing an actual dceu anymore. Just do the individual movies because to recast would be weird and confusing especially with the 2 main stars of the franchise. And I know Du gonna bring up well what about out War Machine???? That mayne was expendable.

Shits a wrap. I don’t see them doing an actual dceu anymore. Just do the individual movies because to recast would be weird and confusing especially with the 2 main stars of the franchise. And I know Du gonna bring up well what about out War Machine???? That mayne was expendable.

nah.. homie been saying Flashpoint was their opportunity to reset shit back right but I dont even know if that can save the DCEU at this point.

I completely agree.. just make standalone movies similar to how they do with the animated joints until they can find someone that can properly run the franchise..

It's a fuckin shame they cant seem to get this right for real

nah.. homie been saying Flashpoint was their opportunity to reset shit back right but I dont even know if that can save the DCEU at this point.

I completely agree.. just make standalone movies similar to how they do with the animated joints until they can find someone that can properly run the franchise..

It's a fuckin shame they cant seem to get this right for real

But I thought they said they aren’t doing Flashpoint anymore?

Ain't no body giving up....

Afleck was dope.... But that don't stop the show... Maybe delay a few projects... But it's easy to bounce back considering the material. All it takes is a great performance accompanied by a great screenplay and all is forgiven...

It's foolish to think they just gonna throw in the towel when considering how early they are in to it all, and how much they got planned coming up

They can smooth just not address it and go a whole different direction.

Jumpn into the future..... Do Batman beyond, Static Shock, Damien Wayne....

There's mad directions to go....

Not to mention how often Batman and Superman go missing in the comics

Ain't no body giving up....

Afleck was dope.... But that don't stop the show... Maybe delay a few projects... But it's easy to bounce back considering the material. All it takes is a great performance accompanied by a great screenplay and all is forgiven...

It's foolish to think they just gonna throw in the towel when considering how early they are in to it all, and how much they got planned coming up

Bro... Man of Steel came out in what... 2013? Shit is not "Early" anymore.

Their Batman is gone... Superman is questionable... Flash actor is too busy to give a fuck for at least another 2 years....

They rocking wit Aquaman, WonderWoman.... who are on point.

2 Jokers, Chuck playing Shazaaam... Margot robbie and a buncha no names? The direction is concerning to say the least

Last edited:
R.I.P. Batfleck you flew too close to the sun. But dudes are delusional. Reeves movie WILL be set in the DCEU. That canon is going nowhere. Funny how people easily forgot when Michael Keaton morphed into Val Kilmer and brought the 2nd most financially successful Batfilm of it's time with him.

R.I.P. Batfleck you flew too close to the sun. But dudes are delusional. Reeves movie WILL be set in the DCEU. That canon is going nowhere. Funny how people easily forgot when Michael Keaton morphed into Val Kilmer and brought the 2nd most financially successful Batfilm of it's time with him.

And it was trash regardless of financial success. Kinda like what’s happening now right?

Bro... Man of Steel came out in what... 2013? Shit is not "Early" anymore.

Their Batman is gone... Superman is questionable... Flash actor is too busy to give a fuck for at least another 2 years....

They rocking wit Aquaman, WonderWoman.... who are on point.

2 Jokers, Chuck playing Shazaaam... Margot robbie and a buncha no names? The direction is concerning to say the least
They'll be fine... Smh...

There's way too much money at stake, y'all just negative

Plus Matt Reeves is bringing it back to the greatest detective Batman ... And that's all I been asking for

unless i have facial blindness, i cant recall a project outside of JL where i've seen the actor that plays flash

wtf he got going on for the next 2 years lol

so he not doing anything...
There is a fantastic beasts sequel in development and thats why the flash film was pushed back. With Fantastic beasts being the established franchise WB pushed Flash back so that he may appear in FB.

Fucking Wack that Affleck is out as batman. Snyders version of batman, Besides the robot voice and shooting folks, was my favorite version of batman on screen so far. It makes sense that Affleck wants out though. He signed on to be Batman in Snyder's universe, who already had a Justice League Trilogy planned and they fired him and completely changed the whole vision that he signed up for. I know Affleck HAD to of hated being in Justice League the way it turned out. Shit wasnt what he signed up for and after seeing how the studio treated Snyder he stopped being involved as much as he could without causing outrage.

Cavill hasnt been confirmed as not being Superman anymore, but its likely. Him and his manager both say "The cape is hanging in the closet" meaning nothing is official, but there also havent been any official plans for a MoS sequel or appearance even. Plus hes going to be very busy with the Witcher series on Netflix and was rumored to be in the running as the new James Bond but that might not happen.

Back