Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Just found out I tested positive yesterday. Our school does random selection of students and teachers, and I was up.

Now I have to stay home, which sucks.

At least this go-round seems to be 100% asymptomatic. I don't feel a thing. Hell, I was halfway out the door this morning when I got the text from our admin.

Guess I'm not superhuman, after all....Goddamn you, Unicron!

Just found out I tested positive yesterday. Our school does random selection of students and teachers, and I was up.

Now I have to stay home, which sucks.

At least this go-round seems to be 100% asymptomatic. I don't feel a thing. Hell, I was halfway out the door this morning when I got the text from our admin.

Guess I'm not superhuman, after all....Goddamn you, Unicron!
So you had it twice? And vaxxed?

So you had it twice? And vaxxed?
I'm vaxxed.

The first time I got it was when half of NYC got it back in March 2020, before we even knew it was in the country. I was sick as shit. The worst three days of my adult life.

This time, I wouldn't have even known I had it if I wasn't tested for it yesterday.

I'm vaxxed.

The first time I got it was when half of NYC got it back in March 2020, before we even knew it was in the country. I was sick as shit. The worst three days of my adult life.

This time, I wouldn't have even known I had it if I wasn't tested for it yesterday.
Vax at work or natural immunity at work?! 🤔

Daily reported Covid death figures are too high because people are dying from conditions unrelated to the virus after testing positive, Sajid Javid has admitted.

On Wednesday, there were 359 deaths reported in Britain, but the Health Secretary said that “many” people were being included in the count who “would not have necessarily died of Covid”.

His comments came after death data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show a large discrepancy in weekly death registrations compared to the figures released on the Government dashboard.

For the week ending Jan 7, the UK Health Security Agency reported 1,282 deaths of people who had died within 28 days of testing positive for coronavirus.

However, ONS data show there were just 992 death registrations with Covid mentioned on the death certificate in that week.

For deaths where Covid was the primary cause, the difference is even starker, with just 712 registrations, meaning that 44 per cent of the Government’s daily reported figures in that week may not be true Covid deaths.
It's wild bc early on in the pandemic (can't remember if it was just the states) they were saying the deaths are more than likely under counted.

That omicron getting thru vaccines and natural immunity just way less serious symptoms.

My guess is, later on when data from the Omicron wave comes out, the vax breakthroughs are gonna be much lower than the reinfections in unvaxxed (as opposed to the Delta wave where Nat immunity was stronger)...

Bc this shit hitting EVERYBODY so those that are vaxxed got the so called super immunity now

That omicron getting thru vaccines and natural immunity just way less serious symptoms.

My guess is, later on when data from the Omicron wave comes out, the vax breakthroughs are gonna be much lower than the reinfections in unvaxxed (as opposed to the Delta wave where Nat immunity was stronger)...

Bc this shit hitting EVERYBODY so those that are vaxxed got the so called super immunity now
It'll be whatever these mf say it is.

I’m usually not the advocate for this side, but what are the age and co-morbidity demographics for this population?

It’s absolutely reflecting the efficacy of the vaccines, but not necessarily that it’s needed by all. Still won’t hurt to get it if course, it can only help apparently.

Back