Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

And fyi

the term breakthrough is false.

you only have breakthrough when there’s a barrier to break. That was not quite the case.

this Isn’t how it works.

it is the lack of precautions from the vaxxed.
Whoever said to take off the masks need to be fired and hung from the highest point possible .
The stupid among the vaxxed made this stronger.
We need a lockdown , masks AND vax to beat this.
I can agree with both, but the only reason both is needed is because people refuse to get vaxxed.

this Isn’t how it works.

Whoever said to take off the masks need to be fired and hung from the highest point possible .
You keep blaming vaxxed! But have no smoke whatsoever for the unvaxxed?

"79% of fully vaxxed who got infected were symptomatic"
"4 of 5 hospitalizations were fully vaxxed, no deaths"

🤔

So if a fully vaxxed person, knowing they can still transmit the virus to immunocompromised who can't get vaxxed and older fully vaxxed pop who, due to age, is still a higher risk of infection and hospitalization, don't wanna wear masks.....

....does that mean they don't care about other people's health either?

Yes that's exactly what it means.

this Isn’t how it works.

If you're saying that we need a combination of all 3 things then you can't put as much of the blame on vaxxed people as you keep trying to. You think unvaxxed people are out here walking around masked up still? Highly doubtful. The same people who didn't wanna wear a masks and were against that are more than likely the same people who aren't getting vaccinated. If we know the vaccine keeps people who do have Covid out of the hospital and the majority of those in hospitals now aren't vaxxed then you also have to place blame on the unvaxxed also for continuing their risky behavior as well.

Handwriting's on the wall.

Kind of what I've been suspecting all along.

Which is that the delta variant is gradually adapting to the vaccine.

The biggest mistake the CDC made was saying that fully vaccinated people didn't have to wear masks.

It gave them a false sense of security.

If the fully vaccinated had continued to wear masks and practice social distancing, then it would've made it more difficult for them to get infected.

Which in turn would've made it more difficult for the Delta variant to develop immunity from the vaccine.

Which also would've helped prevent the fully vaccinated from spreading it to unvaccinated people.

Which, alas, would've probably prevented the quote/unquote.............."4th surge"...........that we're experiencing now.
It's easy to say the CDC should have made the vaxxed wear masks, but they didn't know until very recently that there were so many breakthrough infections.

You have to remember the Delta variant is very new to the US. On June 19th, it accounted for 30% of new cases, on July 3rd, 50% of cases. So then there has to be enough breakthrough cases to suggest the vaccines are not reducing transmissibility which takes a while too.

And this is why so many people mistrust the CDC and experts. They just don't understand that all of this shit is still in flux and they can't do anything without data to back it up. So when they change up guidance, people start blaming them for what they didn't know until now.

Handwriting's on the wall.

Kind of what I've been suspecting all along.

Which is that the delta variant is gradually adapting to the vaccine.

The biggest mistake the CDC made was saying that fully vaccinated people didn't have to wear masks.

It gave them a false sense of security.

If the fully vaccinated had continued to wear masks and practice social distancing, then it would've made it more difficult for them to get infected.

Which in turn would've made it more difficult for the Delta variant to develop immunity from the vaccine.

Which also would've helped prevent the fully vaccinated from spreading it to unvaccinated people.

Which, alas, would've probably prevented the quote/unquote.............."4th surge"...........that we're experiencing now.
Forgot to ask, so it's vaccinated people's fault and not the unvaxxed?

If everybody got the vaccine day 1, we wouldn't be here. And I'm not saying I would have even gotten it day 1, just saying in hindsight it would be true.

Delta changed the game. All prior variants were effective against breakthrough.

it was a matter of time for the mutation to come thru.
Delta became stronger because covid had a base to work against once a vaxxed person got it.

If vaxxed kept on masks, it’s nothing for the virus to work around because it has no access to it to learn about it.
It coulda bought enough time to develop a cure.
I believe they need a vaccine that either provided sterilization immunity or an attenuated vaccine which has had a high success rate in the past but it takes too long.

it’s a few others, I’m no expert but this mRNA was too......I dunno. Unproven in my eyes

If you're saying that we need a combination of all 3 things then you can't put as much of the blame on vaxxed people as you keep trying to. You think unvaxxed people are out here walking around masked up still? Highly doubtful. The same people who didn't wanna wear a masks and were against that are more than likely the same people who aren't getting vaccinated. If we know the vaccine keeps people who do have Covid out of the hospital and the majority of those in hospitals now aren't vaxxed then you also have to place blame on the unvaxxed also for continuing their risky behavior as well.
I place the blame on idiots, vaxxed or unvaxxed.

We just found out in the past week or so that the Delta variant gives vaccinated people enough of a viral load to be just as easily transmissibile. Before the Delta variant, that wasn't the case.

I really don't want to wear a mask, but given what's come out the past couple of days, I wouldn't be against a return to a mandate.
Kudos. But then this post don't apply to u. But u yourself, I'm sure, have seen that a significant amount of vaxxed folks don't see it that way.

Because people aren't getting vaccinated though, it's only a matter of time before there's a variant current vaccines can't fight. Then we'll be right back in the position we were all of last year. Then new vaccines, then more unvaxxed, then more breakthrough variants, then more vaccines, etc., etc. This shit's going to last forever.
Sensible but I don't think this accounts for the increased transmissibility of this delta variant regardless of vaccination.

What about vaccine inequity?

Putting profits first means poor countries have less access to vaccines thus making variants much more possible.

We can have 100% vaccination in the US. If all the poor countries are struggling to vaccinate bc of low supply those variants will keep coming.

If everybody got the vaccine day 1, we wouldn't be here. And I'm not saying I would have even gotten it day 1, just saying in hindsight it would be true.

I'm not saying it's vaccinated people's fault.

I'm blaming the CDC for telling them they didn't have to wear masks anymore.

In response to your previous comment:

It's easy to say the CDC should have made the vaxxed wear masks, but they didn't know until very recently that there were so many breakthrough infections.

The CDC knew how infectious Covid was last year.

All last year, they were emphasizing the fact that people with Covid who have no symptoms were still capable of spreading it to other people.

Also, before the Delta variant............there was the South Africa variant...........and before the South Africa variant...........there was the U.K. variant.

All of which the CDC said was more contagious than the original covid............and all of which eventually became the most dominant strain in the U.S.

Basically, knowing how contagious Covid and the other variants are............it was irresponsible of the CDC to tell vaccinated people it was all right if they went maskless.

I'm guessing they thought that would give people more incentive to take the vaccine.....but they actually made things worse by making those people more susceptible to catching Covid and enabling the delta variant to start adapting to the vaccine.

Yea we would. Shit might be stronger than what we have floating around now

I'm not saying it's vaccinated people's fault.

I'm blaming the CDC for telling them they didn't have to wear masks anymore.

In response to your previous comment:

The CDC knew how infectious Covid was last year.

All last year, they were emphasizing the fact that people with Covid who have no symptoms were still capable of spreading it to other people.

Also, before the Delta variant............there was the South Africa variant...........and before the South Africa variant...........there was the U.K. variant.

All of which the CDC said was more contagious than the original covid............and all of which eventually became the most dominant strain in the U.S.

Basically, knowing how contagious Covid and the other variants are............it was irresponsible of the CDC to tell vaccinated people it was all right if they went maskless.

I'm guessing they thought that would give people more incentive to take the vaccine.....but they actually made things worse by making those people more susceptible to catching Covid and enabling the delta variant to start adapting to the vaccine.
The Delta variant is the one that's more transmissibile in the vaccinated, not the others. Vaccine worked great with those.

Kudos. But then this post don't apply to u. But u yourself, I'm sure, have seen that a significant amount of vaxxed folks don't see it that way.

Sensible but I don't think this accounts for the increased transmissibility of this delta variant regardless of vaccination.

What about vaccine inequity?

Putting profits first means poor countries have less access to vaccines thus making variants much more possible.

We can have 100% vaccination in the US. If all the poor countries are struggling to vaccinate bc of low supply those variants will keep coming.
I guess my greater point was that eventually there will be a vaccine effective against Delta, and people won't get it, leaving the door open for another variant, and the cycle continues.

I agree with you on inequity, so I'm not going to argue that. In the US, we could have vaccines that are effective against variants, but again, not enough people would get them. And if we could get it under control, it would be in our best interest to help others. And we are even now.

Back