Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Feeling good now. Went back to work today. Well yesterday. Coulda went the day before but I still had a headache and wanted to make sure all my symptoms were 100% gone.
I started feeling a little better mid-day Wednesday but still stayed home from work. Came to work yesterday but still had the lingering headache and general blah feeling until mid-morning yesterday.

After that I felt great! Got a good ass workout in last night and everything.

So all in all my timeline was:

Second shot Monday 8:30am.
Fever, chills, headache, body aches started Monday night at 11pm.
Symptoms subsided Tuesday night at 11pm, but lingered in some form, mostly headache, until Thursday morning around 10am.

why would we feel played lol? Unless vaccinated people start dying in large numbers? Crazy talk

Maybe played is not the right word.

But some of you might be questioning whether or not you made the right decision to get it.

And when I say........."some of you"...........I'm referring to the vaccinated people who seem to be angry at people who are choosing not to get the vaccine.

Just curious, to all the people who said they've been feeling sick and got fevers and everything after getting the vaccine.......

Did you all know that was a possibility before you took it?

Did the people administering it tell you what might happen after taking it?

But some of you might be questioning whether or not you made the right decision to get it.

And when I say........."some of you"...........I'm referring to the vaccinated people who seem to be angry at people who are choosing not to get the vaccine.

Just curious, to all the people who said they've been feeling sick and got fevers and everything after getting the vaccine.......

I mean after every vaccine folks normally get somewhat sick. A lil fever here and there right?

I was tired the next day after mine and was told might have side effects but that’s how vaccines are tho. Happens with flu shot often

I’m not mad myself I just think vast majority of reasons I’ve seen online are bullshit. Niggas think it’s a microchip or some Illuminati conspiracy. It would be nice if more people took it but I can care less really I know I’m good and I’m going outside with my mask

I’m not mad myself I just think vast majority of reasons I’ve seen online are bullshit. Niggas think it’s a microchip or some Illuminati conspiracy. It would be nice if more people took it but I can care less really I know I’m good and I’m going outside with my mask
Tuskegee experiment REALLY set our people back man. You truly hate to see it. I'm speaking from a privilege position though, my girl has a PHD in Virology and is black which is super rare so I get spoiled with alot of helpful information that my family don't know. That's why black representation is critical in STEM, hell even more so in science since most black folks I know are anti vacciners or conspiracy theorists. Having a young, charismatic Neil Tyson like advocate would be dope. Too many snake oil salesman right now.

Yeah they told me after the 1st I would experience some soreness then after the 2nd said I may experience the symptoms others described. I didn't get chills but I did have some body aches and feeling tired for like a day after the 2nd shot then literally the next morning I was fine.

I dont care who does or doesnt take the vaccine.

I only cared about my loved ones getting the vaccine. And at this point, they all vaccinated.

Im just making sure that I only chill with my friends who been vaccinated cause I dont wanna even wanna be remotely possible of them getting it from me.

But a random mfer at the store that dont wanna get it? Thats on them. Not mad at them at all. Just dont tell me to cover my cough just because you dont wanna vaccinate and we cool. Cause now that im vaccinated im coughing in everyones face.

Tuskegee experiment REALLY set our people back man. You truly hate to see it. I'm speaking from a privilege position though, my girl has a PHD in Virology and is black which is super rare so I get spoiled with alot of helpful information that my family don't know. That's why black representation is critical in STEM, hell even more so in science since most black folks I know are anti vacciners or conspiracy theorists. Having a young, charismatic Neil Tyson like advocate would be dope. Too many snake oil salesman right now.

It's the Tuskegee experiment but also the fact that the discussions around the vaccine exposed how many people don't actually know what happened during the Tuskegee experiment too. Ive seen far too many people, even some admitted on abw, that they were always told that people were literally infected with syphilis and have based their stance on that false premise.

Back