Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Last edited:
My pops was quarantined with a bunch of corona symptoms for 2 weeks, and had 2 doctor appointments and couldnt get tested. This is in NJ.

Keep in mind my pops is 60 and has diabetes.

He lost sense of taste and smell. Then came a sore throat. Then crazy back and body pain. And then he was sweating a ton for about a week. So much sweat that he had to change his clothes multiple times a day. He also showed some other symptoms. It was clear as day that he had the corona.

But, because his fever never got above a 100, and because he was never short of breath, they didnt test him.

That also meant they didnt test the rest of my family. Lets remember, one of the preconditions of getting tested was being in contact with someone who had it.

And sadly, the last 2 weeks everyone in my family, including me, have had mild corona symptoms.

And none of us could get tested.

Now imagine how many families went through this same shit. So no matter what they said about testing being enough, dont believe them.

At this point my pops is good btw. So is the whole fam. We just hoping theres no relapse.

We blessed that symptoms for my pops were never bad enough to go to the emergency room and shit.

Would have loved to get pops and the rest of my fam tested though.
damn bruh.
that shit aint cool.
i cant imagine how you feeling.
im glad yall cool and hope everyone continues to get better.

My pops was quarantined with a bunch of corona symptoms for 2 weeks, and had 2 doctor appointments and couldnt get tested. This is in NJ.

He lost sense of taste and smell. Then came a sore throat. Then crazy back and body pain. And then he was sweating a ton for about a week. So much sweat that he had to change his clothes multiple times a day. He also showed some other symptoms. It was clear as day that he had the corona.

But, because his fever never got above a 100, and because he was never short of breath, they didnt test him.

That also meant they didnt test the rest of my family. Lets remember, one of the preconditions of getting tested was being in contact with someone who had it.

And sadly, the last 2 weeks everyone in my family, including me, have had mild corona symptoms.

Now imagine how many families went through this same shit. So no matter what they said about testing being enough, dont believe them.

At this point my pops is good btw. So is the whole fam. We just hoping theres no relapse.

We blessed that symptoms for my pops were never bad enough to go to the emergency room and shit.

'

in jersey also

Cant get tested either.. My sister and law is trying to swing something to see if we can.. but probably not likely

my coworker family has it his wife/one of his kids have it so i know i dont have a chance an i hear the lines are ridiculously long in those spots i dont have any symptoms that i can recall.. i think i might just have anxiety..

i just need my boss to run me my lap top and stop bullshitting us

'

in jersey also

Cant get tested either.. My sister and law is trying to swing something to see if we can.. but probably not likely

my coworker family has it his wife/one of his kids have it so i know i dont have a chance an i hear the lines are ridiculously long in those spots i dont have any symptoms that i can recall.. i think i might just have anxiety..

i just need my boss to run me my lap top and stop bullshitting us

Yea man. Shits wild. 2 months in and you still need to be damn near dead to get tested.

Only 3 minutes: should we bail out airlines?

Thoughts?

These Airlines were bragging and boasting about having record profits in 2018 and 2019 but are struggling to keep the lights on for few weeks or few months the shit is not adding up.

U.S. airlines pocketed $15.5 billion last year, including a record $4.6 billion in bag fee

The good times for the nation’s airlines continued last year, with the country’s largest carriers reporting a combined profit of $15.5 billion, including $4.6 billion from baggage fees.

The 23 largest airlines reported a combined after-tax profit for the fifth consecutive year, representing a strong rebound from nearly a decade of losses following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and the economic recession that followed, according to the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics.

The airline industry enjoyed the biggest year on record in 2015 when low fuel costs helped airlines collect a record of nearly $25 billion in profits, the bureau said.

The nation’s airline industry added 450 new planes last year, she added.

The country’s airlines collected $4.6 billion from baggage fees and $2.9 billion from reservation change fees, which represent the only two ancillary passenger fees the airlines are required to report to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics.

Delta Air Lines’ 2019 profit was an all-time high and 21% higher than the year prior. The airline reported net income of $4.77 billion.

Delta sets profit record in 2019
By Robert Silk
|
Jan 14, 2020

Delta Air Lines’ 2019 profit was an all-time high and 21% higher than the year prior. The airline reported net income of $4.77 billion.

The strong earnings are one factor that led CEO Ed Bastian to label 2019 a “truly outstanding year on all fronts.”

“2019 was the best year in our history,” Bastian said during the carrier’s earnings call Tuesday.

Wall Street appears bullish, as well. Delta stock was up nearly 4% in the early afternoon.

Delta’s record net income beat its previous high of $4.53 billion in 2015, with some help from the lower corporate tax rate that went into effect in 2018. The carrier’s pretax income of $6.2 billion last year was nearly $1 billion less than 2015’s record total of $7.16 billion.

Still, Delta’s 2019 results came on record operating revenue. The carrier’s top line in 2019 was $47 billion, a 6% increase. Notably, Delta reported a 9% growth in business and premium product sales and a $500 million jump in loyalty program revenue to $1.96 billion. Delta’s load factor of 86.3% was also a record as the airline carried 204 million passengers.

That's how it was for my mom. She never had shortness of breath nor a consistent fever over 100 so she couldn't get tested.

My mom a nurse and because she's essential worker the hospital she work at let her get tested. She was positive but she had the symptoms for almost a week

Back