Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

The coronavirus may attack T cells, similar to HIV

Another study from researchers at Fudan University in Shanghai and the New York Blood Center provides more-harrowing evidence for the long-term consequences of contracting the virus. According to the findings published in the journal Cellular & Molecular Immunology, when the researchers initiated contact between COVID-19 and lab-grown T lymphocytes — better known as T cells — the virus disabled the cells, which help identify and eliminate pathogens in the body. The researchers also found that SARS, a related coronavirus, could not infect T cells. The study found that COVID-19’s damage to the T lymphocytes resembled that caused by HIV.

During a webinar with banking officials last week, Treasury Department official Ronda Kent was asked “whether these payments could be subject to collection from the bank to which the money is deposited, if the payee owes an outstanding loan or other payments to the bank.” Kent replied saying that “there’s nothing in the law that precludes that action,” and instructed banks to consult their attorneys about what they should do.

The issue is, while lawmakers exempted the checks from being used to pay off debts to federal or state agencies, no such exemptions were extended to private collectors, despite the fact that the Treasury Department does have the authority to grant those added exemptions and have even been emplored by dozens of Congress members and state attorneys general to do so.

From the Prospect:
Congress did give Treasury the authority under Section 2201(h) of the CARES Act to write rules exempting the payments from private debt collectors. Sens. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Ron Wyden (D-OR), and Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) wrote to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on April 3, urging him to write rules to that effect. Brown later teamed up with Republican Josh Hawley (R-MO) to ask for the same thing.
On Monday, 25 state attorneys general (23 Democrats and two Republicans) also asked for Treasury to issue regulations to protect CARES Act payments from garnishment. Numerous consumer advocates have sought this clarification as well. “[Treasury] has the ability to say that these payments are exempt, and they’re not doing so,” said Lisa Stifler, who leads debt collection work at the Center for Responsible Lending.

All these idiots deserve a visit from auntie rona. Doesn't surprise me one bit. MI is a shitty state full of bigots that would make some of the most harden southern bigots say gawd damn

All these idiots deserve a visit from auntie rona. Doesn't surprise me one bit. MI is a shitty state full of bigots that would make some of the most harden southern bigots say gawd damn

dammit I want 'em all to catch that shit

Fam, you don't realize just how racist YT is in Michigan until you leave the state. After about a year in Phoenix we were like "Damn, them honkies back home might be some of the worst in the country"

See the source image

dammit I want 'em all to catch that shit

Fam, you don't realize just how racist YT is in Michigan until you leave the state. After about a year in Phoenix we were like "Damn, them honkies back home might be some of the worst in the country"

You ain't lyin

First time me and the fam took a road trip to FL, I realized we were treated much better overall in the south than back home.

Weren't being followed around stores
People were actually polite, greeting and smiling as opposed to mean muggin

Granted, I know how shit can get in the dirty dirty, but still overall MI is basically Mississippi Jr, hell, actually we had a pretty decent experience even there one year. SMDH

Back