Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

Damn, this election feels like a horror movie.

I dont trust the whites.

So young ppl, lgbtq+, blk ppl, minorties better turn out.

And if yall can get enough of the suburban white women.

Might have a chance. Good luck

Last edited:
I agree Trump was also bad on Covid but that isn't the point. I am specifically talking about fascism/authoritarianism. The problem is everyone cares more about what he says than what he does. He is full of bluster. If you tell someone you are going to kill them that doesn't make you a murderer. Meanwhile as I pointed out, there are many recent examples on the left of actual fascism and authoritarianism. Covid lock downs, suppressing speech on platforms, mandated vaccines, forcing out a sitting president, etc etc.

Although it is incorrect to strictly blame the left, though it is mostly in that camp but it depends on the examples. In some cases it is the left/political machine. They don't want dissidents or threats to the power structure. Take what they did to Bernie for example. He doesn't want money in politics, wants to go after billionaires. Him and Trump are both populists in their own vastly different ways that go against a lot of the power structure. So they rigged their own shit against Bernie to get Hillary the nomination. The difference between Bernie and Trump is that Bernie just quietly steps aside and still plays ball to do what he can from the inside. Trump is an outsider and they hate him for it.

Another example. The left had their literal dream candidate in Tulsi Gabbard at one point. A minority woman who served in the military and was competent and capable. In fact she ended Kamalas first campaign. So why didn't they like her? Because she was anti war. You go against the war machine and they don't like you. So now they have completely pushed her out to where she is now backing Trump. Who is backing Kamala and who is she campaigning with? Liz Cheney. That tells you everything you need to know right there. How do the war monger Cheneys who were apparently on complete opposite sides of the likes of Obama and Gore, and Kerry end up backing Kamala Harris of all people? Well, because she is willing to just play ball and become a part of the machine. Same way Hillary was and the same way Biden was. They do not want dissidents. That is one of the core tenets of fascism.

We have an actual four year resume on Trump and guess what? There was no WWIII, he didn't lock up Hillary, he didn't suppress speech on platforms, and when they viewed him as a so called threat to democracy guess what? They got him out and he hasn't been president anymore.

So again, there are plenty of reasons not to like Trump but people should at least make them real ones. Nobody who pays attention is remotely buying the fascist/authoritarian argument at all.
Eh, I see your points and agree with many. As far as Covid and suppression of misinformation, if we had a real leader misinformation wouldn’t have been an issue and the fight against it wouldn’t have been needed. It was a literal life or death situation.

As far as democrats, I agree they rig their primaries for who they want and I’ve never agreed with that. That’s their prerogative though and we still have a general election.

January 6th and his attempt to subvert the election actually happened and that was a fascist move. So it’s not always just threats.

To your overall point, I don’t think the fascist messaging is working even though it should. If Trump didn’t have a sycophant base and party it would.

Looks like Kamala is relying on the women’s vote and disaffected Republicans to carry her over the finish line. It could happen.

The disaffected Republican part could be big on Election Day. Could be the big surprise that typically happens in elections. There’s always that one group everybody is surprised voted a certain way.

Looks like Kamala is relying on the women’s vote and disaffected Republicans to carry her over the finish line. It could happen.

The disaffected Republican part could be big on Election Day. Could be the big surprise that typically happens in elections. There’s always that one group everybody is surprised voted a certain way.

Republicans are gonna voter for the republican, she should spend more time trying to turn out her base. She loses support every time she capitulates to the right. its too late so close to election but no more i want a republican in my admin talk.

Republicans are gonna voter for the republican, she should spend more time trying to turn out her base. She loses support every time she capitulates to the right. its too late so close to election but no more i want a republican in my admin talk.

You may be right. I saw the CNN story and a lot of those Republicans were not high on Trump. And a lot of them do claim to be principled.

I guess we’ll see. At this point I’ve accepted the possibility of another Trump presidency, though I think Kamala can still get it.

Back