Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

I've seen this sentiment expressed in a few articles. Given that most people didn't wanna see Trump run again to begin with it tracks. He changed that party forever in a way that they're not realizing caused more damage than they thought

He didnt change the republicans base, the evangelical base has always been like this. Republican elites hate their base but they need them, so they could get away with doing thing that didnt matter and please them while getting tax cuts for the wealthy. Now R Elites have to get in the mud with the hogs.

This is just a continuation of the Tea Party. If they hated what their base is, they should of killed that movement instead of letting it fester in their party. Why there are so many conservative democrats now because they are basically republicans.

He didnt change the republicans base, the evangelical base has always been like this. Republican elites hate their base but they need them, so they could get away with doing thing that didnt matter and please them while getting tax cuts for the wealthy. Now R Elites have to get in the mud with the hogs.

This is just a continuation of the Tea Party. If they hated what their base is, they should of killed that movement instead of letting it fester in their party. Why there are so many conservative democrats now because they are basically republicans.

I agree this is their new base and it's been growing even before the Tea Party. Evangelical Christians have spent decades on this movement in the Republican Party. I just don't think they expected the overall public feelings on so many issues they attacked from their religion pov to now be things most Americans don't agree with them on ie abortion, lgbtq issues, gun laws etc. So now they're trying to pivot because they've gone too far right to the point the party of "limited government" now wants the government to control everything as long as it's in their favor

Back