Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2021/2022 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Blue_London Chelsea fans are losing it in Twitter, lol. They were excited about Chelsea making so much money during this transfer window a few weeks ago. Now they are livid we are not spending it, lol.

I personally am ok with the team. If we had to spend, I would like Tchouameni (although it seems we are not going to buy a mid bcos we want DeClan Rice)

@Blue_London Chelsea fans are losing it in Twitter, lol. They were excited about Chelsea making so much money during this transfer window a few weeks ago. Now they are livid we are not spending it, lol.

I personally am ok with the team. If we had to spend, I would like Tchouameni (although it seems we are not going to buy a mid bcos we want DeClan Rice)

You just bought Lukaku and Tuchel is bossing it out here. Why do you need to buy more players? At least you're not bottom of the table buying loads of shite players to not even bother play them.

Reactions: GNS
You just bought Lukaku and Tuchel is bossing it out here. Why do you need to buy more players? At least you're not bottom of the table buying loads of shite players to not even bother play them.
We currently have 3 players to cover 2 midfield spots and Kante is already injured (and I am a recovering Jorginho hater, so my instinct to replace him still remains). Hence why I want another midfielder.

Others feel we need a CB bcos Azpi and Silva are getting old (and on their last year of their contract, although Azpi will get renewed). Rudiger is on his last year and looks like he wants to play it out and test free agency. We play 3 CBs at a time, so this might not be the most ideal position to be heading into next season (we should be fine this season).

I personally feel we should trust Chalobah and Ampadu to step up if we need coverage in those positions.

Not sure if u wanted all this explanation or u just wanted to vent about your last place team.

We currently have 3 players to cover 2 midfield spots and Kante is already injured (and I am a recovering Jorginho hater, so my instinct to replace him still remains). Hence why I want another midfielder.

Others feel we need a CB bcos Azpi and Silva are getting old (and on their last year of their contract, although Azpi will get renewed). Rudiger is on his last year and looks like he wants to play it out and test free agency. We play 3 CBs at a time, so this might not be the most ideal position to be heading into next season (we should be fine this season).

I personally feel we should trust Chalobah and Ampadu to step up if we need coverage in those positions.

Not sure if u wanted all this explanation or u just wanted to vent about your last place team.

Don't forget you got Gilmour and Gallagher on loan for your CM.

They'd have to be part of future consideration if Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley and potentially Loftus-cheek don't have futures

Don't forget you got Gilmour and Gallagher on loan for your CM.

They'd have to be part of future consideration if Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley and potentially Loftus-cheek don't have futures
Gilmour, yea. Not sure about Gallagher. He needs a box to box role and we don’t have that in the formation we play now. Unless he seriously kills it at Crystal Palace, we might just sell him (like I said in the past, I have always underrated him and he keeps proving me wrong.)

I don't like agents speaking, but this speaks volumes...

Wasn't Arteta telling signings he wants to win the Champions League? Arteta and the board going around selling a sham to players like it's Brexit. Board, management, recruitment: nothing but charlatans. Pep the Bald Fraud would be proud.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think Wenger was running everything at the club

that's true but there was also a framework put in place and Arsenal pretty much dismantled it.
remember all those redundancies during covid (not including the mascot)?

Arsenal’s overhaul of their scouting network has continued, with several more recruitment personnel told they will be made redundant.

The scouting department has been heavily hit in a cull that comes on top of the 55 job losses announced on Wednesday. Francis Cagigao, the head of recruitment, was the highest-profile name to be released, and Pete Clark and Brian McDermott were also told their services were no longer required.

While some internally feel the overhaul has been long planned, it has caused surprise within Arsenal and at several other leading European clubs. There is no indication yet as to how Arsenal intend to restructure the scouting operation after losing this top-level talent.

Cagigao made his name with the discoveries of Cesc Fàbregas and Héctor Bellerín, among others, and has not been short of suitors elsewhere throughout his 24 years serving the club. Some observers of Arsenal’s recruitment methods are concerned they are moving towards an agent-led approach.

Kia Joorabchian has been involved in several of their recent deals, such as a contract extension for David Luiz and the acquisition of Cédric Soares from Southampton, and another of his clients, Willian, is closing in on a free-transfer move from Chelsea.

The irony of Kia talking his shit now when he's been fuelling some of the transfers into Arsenal of late (e.g. Willian, David Luiz, Cedric)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back