Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

You seem like a good guy so please don't take my comments the wrong way.....

You're comparing amateur's to PRO'S!!!! Think about your comments you used to respond to mine.. high school and college kids go to school to (i know it doesn't seem like it but I assure you) learn primarily and play a sport second.

Those guys are going to work, not school. LOL. I mean a lot of the international, especially Europe has campuses geared toward helping the young people work on thier sport while getting an education but once these folks join a league, they do what they want because they are working. It's their job. They practice way more internationally because it's their job and their primary focus. This is one of the reasons the G-League is going to get (in my opinion) way more high school guys opting in besides going to college.

I am not comparing amatuer's to PROs. I am not even trying to take a shot at the pro level leagues whether it's over here or overseas. I am talking about the development of young players, fundamentally here in the states. I think at times they do or can do disservice to young players as they ascend in their careers. Not all young players, not all programs, but some young players and some programs. I am not talking about the time they have to actually be in school, etc. also we know some school and programs look past "school time for sports anyways" I am only referencing to the times they are on the court whether it's in the game or in practice or even on their own time practicing on their skillset.

Your quote "Europe has campuses geared toward helping the young people work on their sport while getting an education" Yes, the US has that as well, some private school programs are gear this way as well. All of that is good, but there are other cases i feel the younger player isn't getting the proper tutelage he should or they should be getting again on their way to the pros. That's all I am saying, cause yes when they do get into a league they are left to their own devises and what I am saying before it gets to that point, i wish some younger players got to develop better while they are in the systems they are in. That it. I hope my point is making sense. I am not attacking the US pro leagues, I am not trying to attack the young player in the US. I am just saying i don't like how some of these katz are developed and trying to piggy back off of what Beta is saying.

regardless of the skill of the young kat, or what the NBA is currently doing to help their younger players-NBA teams need to employ more vets to also help some of these katz more...I dont have an answer on how to do it, cause not every NBA vet is right for the job. Just trying to recognize an it's an issue.

"

I was being sarcastic after Joseph and barnes obviously. They aren't the best vets but they're stand up dudes and can show youngins how to move the right way.
I get it man but come on...if you’re gonna tell me those guys then the bar is kinda low

also niggas don’t get to tell me Barnes got championship experience and has veteran leadership when he was horrible in the finals and got a ring very early

that’s like Patrick mccaw being my OG lol

I get what you’re saying but nobody should be looking to Barnes for sage advice about the league at this stage of his career

quality mentoring vets are slowly dying

they either are getting too young or they don’t stay on teams long enough to becoming a solid team veteran that will take players over the years under their wing.

niggas gonna tell me kemba a good vet player when he constantly on the trade block and he just got there last season

he don’t know what it means to be a Celtic

FOH man lol

No Stevens may not, but as Axel and I have pointed out.

getting stumped on a basic 2-3 zone in the bubble?
Your team taken way too many ill advised shots in crucial times in games.
plays out of your times out are questionable or the players aren't listening your directions
your line ups, questionable subs

that's all legit criticism of Brad Stevens that has nothing to do with who is on your roster. I think a lot of you are missing the point about our criticism of Brad. We arent saying he is not a good coach, we are saying he may not be the right fit for a team whose stars and leaders are going to be Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown.

yea you started 1-8, but how many Jayson Tatum's, Jaylen browns do you have on your team? And again i will ask..if Nurse was coaching this Cs team. Do you think he would of let sunday's game play out the way it did? It's not about the lost. It was how the players reacted and acted during their sunday's collapse during the game that sticks out to me.

But none of it lets Ainge off the hook, no f'ing way. I just know on NBA teams, when players tune you out that is a big problem. Maybe a trade or two for some vets helps all this out. But the criticism are fair and nig wanna stop the bleeding before it gets worse.

Guess I gotta watch more celtics games. I dunno.

From where I'm sitting it looks like too many opportunities to amass the talent necessary to be where you want to be were missed and that's the biggest issue. Team as a whole is just not that great player for player outside of tatum and brown.

Guess I gotta watch more celtics games. I dunno.

From where I'm sitting it looks like too many opportunities to amass the talent necessary to be where you want to be were missed and that's the biggest issue. Team as a whole is just not that great player for player outside of tatum and brown.

you right, everyone who said this before is right that is the number 1 issue and that falls on Danny Ainge all day. I am just commenting on the number 2 issue right now. The coach because regardless of the talent. I think a coach who has a control of his teams in a lot of cases can mask the lack of talent, not all the time, but the effort just doesnt look as bad. In fact Brad use to do it, with those "IT" teams back in the day....so although I am like Brad may need to go...maybe if Danny gets some vets in here, some who can play defense, some who arent the same size of friggin Carson Edwards, or Grant fucking Williams maybe Brad can get back to how he was when he first started

I get it man but come on...if you’re gonna tell me those guys then the bar is kinda low

also niggas don’t get to tell me Barnes got championship experience and has veteran leadership when he was horrible in the finals and got a ring very early

that’s like Patrick mccaw being my OG lol

I get what you’re saying but nobody should be looking to Barnes for sage advice about the league at this stage of his career

quality mentoring vets are slowly dying

they either are getting too young or they don’t stay on teams long enough to becoming a solid team veteran that will take players over the years under their wing.

niggas gonna tell me kemba a good vet player when he constantly on the trade block and he just got there last season

he don’t know what it means to be a Celtic

FOH man lol

If mccaw wasn't hurt he'd be getting mad minutes. Nurse has routinely used him to break niggas and make them buy in to his defense first culture and it's worked. Respect mccaws pedigree.

A nigga don't gotta be a future hof for a young nigga to learn something and grow their game behind it.

No Stevens may not, but as Axel and I have pointed out.

getting stumped on a basic 2-3 zone in the bubble?
Your team taken way too many ill advised shots in crucial times in games.
plays out of your times out are questionable or the players aren't listening your directions
your line ups, questionable subs

that's all legit criticism of Brad Stevens that has nothing to do with who is on your roster. I think a lot of you are missing the point about our criticism of Brad. We arent saying he is not a good coach, we are saying he may not be the right fit for a team whose stars and leaders are going to be Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown.

yea you started 1-8, but how many Jayson Tatum's, Jaylen browns do you have on your team? And again i will ask..if Nurse was coaching this Cs team. Do you think he would of let sunday's game play out the way it did? It's not about the lost. It was how the players reacted and acted during their sunday's collapse during the game that sticks out to me.

But none of it lets Ainge off the hook, no f'ing way. I just know on NBA teams, when players tune you out that is a big problem. Maybe a trade or two for some vets helps all this out. But the criticism are fair and nig wanna stop the bleeding before it gets worse.

Lmao making it sound like If Nick Nurse was coaching the Cs, he would sub himself in and start hitting jumpers

If the Celtics didn’t employ a nigga named tacko fall who they only use for when the clock is under 0.4 secs and you need a tip in and had a Jarrett Jack, Joe Johnson, or luc Mbah a moute

maybe they win that game

Lmao making it sound like If Nick Nurse was coaching the Cs, he would sub himself in and start hitting jumpers

Ha ha how..? I don't understand why this is so l difficult for you all to understand.

Do you guys feel there are coaches in this league that wouldn't let them blow a 25 point league or handle it better? If you do then you get my point. If you don't then you don't understand my point.

Like I didn't say this was a championship roster and we need the right coach to get them there.

Like are we picking n choosing when we can criticize someone or mention when their job should be in jeopardy?

@#1hiphopjunki3

Another example of my point to the break down of how our youth get developed in the H.S. n AAU level

"Reclassing" like every damn kid to me seems to reclass and a lot of them have no business reclassing, some of it gets them to think they are nicer than they really are and some of them struggle when they get older or the comp gets better. Some, schools, some parents and some AAU programs promote that part of it too much in my opinion.

Ha ha how..? I don't understand why this is so l difficult for you all to understand.

Do you guys feel there are coaches in this league that wouldn't let them blow a 25 point league or handle it better? If you do then you get my point. If you don't then you don't understand my point.

Like I didn't say this was a championship roster and we need the right coach to get them there.

Like are we picking n choosing when we can criticize someone or mention when their job should be in jeopardy?

Every coach done blew a 25 point lead fam.

Teams that have 9 players still on their rookie deals blow 25 point leads.

Fire Ainge!

Every coach done blew a 25 point lead fam.

Teams that have 9 players still on their rookie deals blow 25 point leads.

Fire Ainge!

Ok. So why was doc rivers let go after just one season with Leonard n George.

Why is Philly playing a lot better under Doc than they where under Brett brown (note I know their GM plays a big part in that). And primarily I am talking about Embiid? Harris seems to be player better as well..some would consider Harris an all star snub

Back