Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Trade Collins? 🤷🏾‍♂️

They should at least dip their toes into the luxury tax at least once.

Josh Smith ain't walking through that door

I didn’t say anything about trading Collins. LMAO. He is a restricted free agent this season so they have the right to match any deal a team gives him.

The question for Atlanta is, are they willing to do this for 3 seasons straight or are they going to be proactive and try and package some of their good young players who have potential to be great for a player who is already great?

they are in a situation where if they hold on too long with some of their good young players they either will lose them for nothing via free agency or they will turn out to be just okay and not great. Which is a good thing but also kinda bad because they could legit package some of them for a known great player while their potential is still high.

I never said anything though about trading Collins or any player in general. I just pointed out the obvious situation they are in.

I didn’t say anything about trading Collins. LMAO. He is a restricted free agent this season so they have the right to match any deal a team gives him.

The question for Atlanta is, are they willing to do this for 3 seasons straight or are they going to be proactive and try and package some of their good young players who have potential to be great for a player who is already great?

they are in a situation where if they hold on too long with some of their good young players they either will lose them for nothing via free agency or they will turn out to be just okay and not great. Which is a good thing but also kinda bad because they could legit package some of them for a known great player while their potential is still high.

I never said anything though about trading Collins or any player in general. I just pointed out the obvious situation they are in.

not too mention some of those players might turn out to be way better than thought of once leaving Atlanta because their new role on a new team might be more suitable to their play style.

Atlanta is in a good but also potentially precarious situation. Their front office needs to be very proactive in my opinion

And I think this is where Dwayne is confused about my pov. Who says you have to do this for another 3 years?

All I'm saying is you make decisions based on what you know today. The future will work itself out. There is no contract you can't trade if you really want to. It's going to cost you some assets sure, but they can blow shit up whenever they feel like it but they have to strike while the iron is hot.

And I think this is where Dwayne is confused about my pov. Who says you have to do this for another 3 years?

All I'm saying is you make decisions based on what you know today. The future will work itself out. There is no contract you can't trade if you really want to. It's going to cost you some assets sure, but they can blow shit up whenever they feel like it but they have to strike while the iron is hot.

I disagree 100% with your thinking.

any smart front office should always be thinking about the future and not the present. If you aren’t planing for the future you are most likely screwed as a front office executive . Lmao.

you should never want to be reactive because that means you’re working from behind. Always be proactive and have a vision/plan. Then have a backup for a backup plan.

I should’ve given an example or a better viewpoint with why I think that is an awful way of thinking and I apologize for that.

you are correct in your comments that any contract is tradable but if your front office is competent then it wouldn’t be a need for (and especially consistently) having to throw in a bunch of assets (or mortgaging your franchises future) to trade a bad deal you signed off on earlier. Lol.

of course nobody can 100%predict the future on anything but a good front office can give a pretty solid forecast of what’s to come. They will know which free agent class to gear up for well ahead of time and will not have to attach anything too damaging long term to gear up for it. They will value draft picks, utilization of the G-League, they will know who to pay and who not to over pay. They will see the potential good fit of a guy on the bench of another team before others will.

as much as those folks get paid and as big a staff as many of them have they shouldn’t be playing much of anything by ear and they definitely shouldn’t be relying on other franchises to bail them out when they make poor decisions. Lol.

I disagree 100% with your thinking.

any smart front office should always be thinking about the future and not the present. If you aren’t planing for the future you are most likely screwed as a front office executive . Lmao.

you should never want to be reactive because that means you’re working from behind. Always be proactive and have a vision/plan. Then have a backup for a backup plan.
I'm not doing a good job of conveying my pov so I'll just concede

Fwiw, I agree with your premise, all I'm saying is thinking too much into the future and not dealing with what's right in front of you is essentially hamstringing you because you're thinking about what could be instead of what is.

All of their current guys have trade value. I'm not saying go bankrupt to keep them but I'm also saying don't be cheap trying to save a dollar here for fear of the unknown.

But thank you for the back and forth either way🤝🏾

I should’ve given an example or a better viewpoint with why I think that is an awful way of thinking and I apologize for that.

you are correct in your comments that any contract is tradable but if your front office is competent then it wouldn’t be a need for (and especially consistently) having to throw in a bunch of assets (or mortgaging your franchises future) to trade a bad deal you signed off on earlier. Lol.

of course nobody can 100%predict the future on anything but a good front office can give a pretty solid forecast of what’s to come. They will know which free agent class to gear up for well ahead of time and will not have to attach anything too damaging long term to gear up for it. They will value draft picks, utilization of the G-League, they will know who to pay and who not to over pay. They will see the potential good fit of a guy on the bench of another team before others will.

as much as those folks get paid and as big a staff as many of them have they shouldn’t be playing much of anything by ear and they definitely shouldn’t be relying on other franchises to bail them out when they make poor decisions. Lol.
Understood🤝🏾

I'm not doing a good job of conveying my pov so I'll just concede

Fwiw, I agree with your premise, all I'm saying is thinking too much into the future and not dealing with what's right in front of you is essentially hamstringing you because you're thinking about what could be instead of what is.

All of their current guys have trade value. I'm not saying go bankrupt to keep them but I'm also saying don't be cheap trying to save a dollar here for fear of the unknown.

But thank you for the back and forth either way🤝🏾

it’s all good.

I enjoyed the conversation and I do agree with not getting too ahead of yourself about future situations but they also have to really look at that stuff and not get too caught up in the present.

why can’t more folks have a civil discourse like this?

it’s all good.

I enjoyed the conversation and I do agree with not getting too ahead of yourself about future situations but they also have to really look at that stuff and not get too caught up in the present.

why can’t more folks have a civil discourse like this?
A lot of dudes in here wants to be the guy that got it "right" and too many people here are married to the double down and don't like to shift positions when new information gets presented.

I can still disagree with a larger point but can agree with smaller ones or vice versa.

But nuance is severely lacking in this part of the forum and it's a race to see who got it right and how many times they've been more right than everyone else.

I don't even bang with Atlanta like that but I was interested in the perspective and am glad we were able to be respectful and move onto the next topic.

Salute

#nobawse

A lot of dudes in here wants to be the guy that got it "right" and too many people here are married to the double down and don't like to shift positions when new information gets presented.

I can still disagree with a larger point but can agree with smaller ones or vice versa.

But nuance is severely lacking in this part of the forum and it's a race to see who got it right and how many times they've been more right than everyone else.

I don't even bang with Atlanta like that but I was interested in the perspective and am glad we were able to be respectful and move onto the next topic.

Salute

#nobawse

Nuance in general is a lost thing worldwide!!! Not just this forum or area of the forum.

this is honestly one of the few social media sites I use and I have to say I am proud of the fact that it seems to be overall some good folks on here.

I might not agree with a lot of them but I honestly think most of the folks here do their best to try and help folks in real life (and in here) and especially black folks in general.

I say all that to say this. I appreciate all you assholes in this thread (LOL) and It ain’t too many places I would rather chat about basketball or stuff having to deal with black people as a whole but here.

We will see if any contract is tradeable this year with the Pelicans.

because if Adams is still on the roster opening day that means the entire FO needs to be fired hey they don’t know what they are doing.

Matter of fact, add Bledsoe to that too. If he’s still there fire the entire FO. And his contract ain’t really that bad.

Back