Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Theres plenty of coaches. Plenty of black ones at that who've put the time in. Why you niggas trying to prop up Jason Kidd?

Adrian griffin, sam Cassel, Hollins, Billups, ime udoka, ed pickney, fizdale, lloyd pierce, right there.

Not even sure how we got here. All I was originally saying is Portland shouldn't be following dame's lead on this. They should be doing an exhaustive search and finding the best fit for the team. Theres no coach that's going to come in and make dame a better or worst player. There are coaches that can make the team better or worst tho.

EXACTLY!!

It’s plenty of other black coaches that haven’t even gotten a chance as a head coach and has put in more time coaching than Jason Kidd and most likely would be better for the job.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t get another chance but people make me laugh getting excited about a guy who was mediocre at best coaching and given more opportunities easier than a lot of folks who have paid their dues.

Not too mention the fuck shit he tried to pull in Milwaukee. That isn’t even personal stuff, that’s shady stuff that had to do with an actual NBA organization. SMH. I can understand if any GM who is slightly on the hot seat being very cautious with hiring him after that.

A rebuilding roster where you can mold the players and draft picks coming in

it’s damn near a blank slate

that’s the most attractive thing to a coach imo

I’d rather coach the magic then coach the blazers

i agree 100%

Portland has big expectations with the roster they have and just making it to the playoffs isn’t going to be enough.

Orlando is a way easier destination for a up and coming new coach in my opinion because it’s less pressure and it should be easier to get young players to by into your system

He can actually make the playoffs next year in the east. He goes to Portland and they miss the playoffs for the first time in 8 years

The players on the magic aren’t the 3 players you mentioned though so I don’t think that’s fair

again all the praise in the world for Pierce until he got fired but iono nothin

We didn't have the information then that we have now.

Trae and collins are 2 max players regardless. One with hall of fame trajectory. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

They immediately played better on his departure and nate McMillan is not that great of a coach that there was that big of a difference in the teams performance immediately.

There has clearly been an addition by subtraction factor at play.

He can actually make the playoffs next year in the east. He goes to Portland and they miss the playoffs for the first time in 8 years

Portland is a playoff team barring injury and the FO completely screwing up this off-season

If you’re a coach that’s been around for awhile and has come close to getting your team to the conference or NBA finals with marginal talent then Portland may be perfect for you.

the veteran players would see your body of work and Easily accept what you’re trying to do as opposed to a 1st year head coach.

shit, Damien Lillard pretty much stated he wanted a more seasoned head coach to take over the position

Portland is the way harder job in the harder conference, with way higher expectations

This is a scary off-season for the western conference. There are 3-4 teams that can truly turn their teams into title contenders with the right couple moves. GS and Portland top that list for me.

They’ve been rebuilding forever. I’d rather coach the Blazers.
You come in and are tasked with managing the roster turnover after a first round loss while dealing with the pressures of managing dame (who outside sources are trying to push out of town) and CJ who never had another head coach and try to make things work

vs

Getting

Cole Anthony
Wendell Carter
Chuma okeke
RJ Hampton
Whoever they draft

and then work with Isaac and fultz whenever they come back and they relatively have low egos

because they don’t have no skin in the game yet

With way less pressure to win in a arguably easier conference

The players on the magic aren’t the 3 players you mentioned though so I don’t think that’s fair

again all the praise in the world for Pierce until he got fired but iono nothin

Because outside of Hawks fans who watches them night after night?

We end up going off a surface level view. So if you see Hawks young talent being good players but not winning the first thought is he’s good at development but they aren’t ready.

Then they add a bunch of vets and they still stuck in the mud then we’d go, maybe the young talent as a whole is not conducive to winning? Empty stats guys per se? Then a new coach comes in and they immediately start winning. Gotta look at Lloyd.

The relationships with the players is one thing. From outside looking in seems there was some X and O issues as well. Hence why I think he should sit for a while and season again.

Does us no justice throwing him back in another similar spot if he’s not ready. Nothing wrong with going back the assistant route and building on where you were. Monty wasn’t as bad as Lloyd in N.O but the time to step back & grow before PHX has definitely helped him.

I'm late but this is what started all the Dame trade talk this week.

Maybe he really was talking about Stotts and not leaving.

I'm late but this is what started all the Dame trade talk this week.

Maybe he really was talking about Stotts and not leaving.

Dame in Miami would be interesting af...tho they would still need a stretch 4 to pair w dame, Jimmy and bam

Back