Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Talk about failing up. Lmao.

it’s a even bigger target on Brad Stevens back now. Lmao.

dont get it twisted I think Stevens is a good coach but it’s kinda wild to see him get promoted to that position without them even looking at other candidates.

This!!

Fuck dem cacs and racist ass city.

Beginning with the second round of the playoffs, both ESPN/ABC and Turner will have announcers on site for the rest of the postseason

I don't think the "desired locations" ever help or made a difference, Phil Jackson went to the knicks....they still struggling to get players to come there. I wanna say at the time Magic was coaching then got a higher up title. I don't remember much players wanting to play for the lakers at that time. Even now, i mean lebron chose to go to the lakers for business purposes it wasn't LA was the number 1 spot for most superstars. As we all know players just follow each other where ever.

and as far as boston not being a desire spot. Really perception is everything. Ainge is gone, as far as I know there is no dislike of B. Stevens from anyone. IF boston did some ish like hired a former player, a Hammon or Lawson or something like that, even stick a KG or some one of color in a more prompt role with Tatum continuing to ascend. It wouldn't take long for the Cs to be able to entice free agents to come to Boston and play. I dont see where the move is hard for people to understand. (Brad going up to the front office)

you got it.

LMAO

I’m rooting for Stevens because I think he was a good coach. I’m not bashing the Celtics like some of the other posters and I honestly don’t care enough to keep with the back and forth but if you can’t see what I was saying and thought it was a solid idea to use two of the worst contemporary 1st time no experience president of basketball operations as your example, then hey it’s whatever.

I will say Magic did do a solid job in hiring Pelinka and clearing cap space to go after free agents though.

you got it.

LMAO

I’m rooting for Stevens because I think he was a good coach. I’m not bashing the Celtics like some of the other posters and I honestly don’t care enough to keep with the back and forth but if you can’t see what I was saying and thought it was a solid idea to use two of the worst contemporary 1st time no experience president of basketball operations as your example, then hey it’s whatever.

I will say Magic did do a solid job in hiring Pelinka and clearing cap space to go after free agents though.

You really missing my point. I am not debating/ going back n forth whether it's a good move or not. I was just saying this kind of stuff happens In sports all the time, so it should not be hard for anyone to understand the move. (Someone getting the job w little to no experience, hence the Steve Nash to Brooklyn comment)

Last edited:
It's time to move on from these old ass niggas, new blood being showcased in these next rounds with the exception of the old niggas in Brooklyn

How the hell you gon say he had a say in the roster when the man in charge of the roster said he didn’t really agree with the decisions the FO made

How sway?
They didn't see eye to eye on the Theis trade. Stevens was mad at Ainge he traded his starting center without telling him. Apparently this was the 1st trade he didn't consult stevens about.

So the play-in teams are currently 15-5 and two of the wins is from the Lakers (who is only the 7th seed due to injury) and two more wins was because Mitchell missed game 1 and Embid got hurt in the other when they was up like 12 points

So what’s the point of the play in again? They got lucky with Curry and LBJ being the 7th and 8th seed for their game. Just let the top 8 teams in the conference get in and be done with it. They play extra games-less rest and then run into the top teams in each conference. Makes no sense

Back