Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Heat first round exits Lakers on the brink of elimination, I wonder just how much the bubble negatively impacted either team long term since they didn't get as much rest as the other teams.

Heat first round exits Lakers on the brink of elimination, I wonder just how much the bubble negatively impacted either team long term since they didn't get as much rest as the other teams.
Celtics out in the first round too

seems the nuggets gonna be the only team to escape the first round

but all 4 teams had injury this season

This kind of thing happens all the time. Especially in sports. It's not what you know its who you know. What made Steve Nash qualified for the Nets job?

How was Magic qualified to be the executive vice predz of bball operations for the lakers, and he failed as a coach. Phil Jackson took on the same role with the knicks and had not qualifications.

never said it didn’t happen in the past or that I thought it was right or wrong. I’m also fully aware that relationships people forge plays a big part in getting hired also.

i say all that to say this.........

it is one thing to coach a team without a lot of experience. It’s another to run an organization. The two gentlemen you named didn’t do the greatest at being president of basketball operations in their short stint but they did have a built in advantage of being in desired locations to help them.

hopefully Brad hires a (seasoned one or at least someone who was a decent termed assistant) GM and doesn’t take on double duty without really breaking in for this position because if he does....... it’s gonna be an even tougher job.

Lakers was an elite team before Bron and AD got hurt. It’s irrelevant for them. They were elite last year.

But Miami.
"riight"

I wouldn't say irrelevant but I'm sure some report will come out and determine how injury prone this season was compared to other seasons due to the quick turnaround

I wouldn't say irrelevant but I'm sure some report will come out and determine how injury prone this season was compared to other seasons due to the quick turnaround

quick turnaround and compressed schedule along with COVID stuff hurt a lot of teams this season.

next season stuff will hopefully get back to normal

AD getting hurt every other day is like clockwork. That has nothing to do with last year and Bron was a player diving right into his leg and had 0 to do with them being in the finals last year.

never said it didn’t happen in the past or that I thought it was right or wrong. I’m also fully aware that relationships people forge plays a big part in getting hired also.

i say all that to say this.........

it is one thing to coach a team without a lot of experience. It’s another to run an organization. The two gentlemen you named didn’t do the greatest at being president of basketball operations in their short stint but they did have a built in advantage of being in desired locations to help them.

hopefully Brad hires a (seasoned one or at least someone who was a decent termed assistant) GM and doesn’t take on double duty without really breaking in for this position because if he does....... it’s gonna be an even tougher job.

I don't think the "desired locations" ever help or made a difference, Phil Jackson went to the knicks....they still struggling to get players to come there. I wanna say at the time Magic was coaching then got a higher up title. I don't remember much players wanting to play for the lakers at that time. Even now, i mean lebron chose to go to the lakers for business purposes it wasn't LA was the number 1 spot for most superstars. As we all know players just follow each other where ever.

and as far as boston not being a desire spot. Really perception is everything. Ainge is gone, as far as I know there is no dislike of B. Stevens from anyone. IF boston did some ish like hired a former player, a Hammon or Lawson or something like that, even stick a KG or some one of color in a more prompt role with Tatum continuing to ascend. It wouldn't take long for the Cs to be able to entice free agents to come to Boston and play. I dont see where the move is hard for people to understand. (Brad going up to the front office)

Stevens has had a say in the roster the past 4 years. Him getting a 6 year extension last season, and turning down the Indiana job wasn't a coincidence.

How the hell you gon say he had a say in the roster when the man in charge of the roster said he didn’t really agree with the decisions the FO made

How sway?

Back