Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Wouldn’t say that at all.

Dude coached them young Celtics teams to like 3 conference finals. That ain’t failing at all

Look i don't place alot of blame on Brad Stevens. Danny Ainge failed to bring in talent hoarding all thise fraft picks.

But Stevens doesn't deserve to be President of Basketball Operations

Look i don't place alot of blame on Brad Stevens. Danny Ainge failed to bring in talent hoarding all thise fraft picks.

Based on what? Why you think he’s not fit for that position?

Lol i expected changes but got damn. Glad Ainge realized he was washed and stepped down. Im not surprised Stevens is gonna be on some player development shit but i hope we hire Chauncey as a coach

Last season was shaky but this isn't a bad record for a coach that dealt with rebuilds and injuries. Let's stop this failure shit. Stevens always had input on players on the roster and vouches for the reclamation projects (Jabari, Evan turner, etc) and there seemed to be a disconnect and time for a new voice

The owners like him and there isn't anything saying he can't do the job from all we know, they probably been prepping him for a while now. Coaching wise he shares some blame but overall Ainge f'd all that up and from a few of Stevens interviews you can tell he knew the roster wasn't sh*t.

Plus reports he was getting tired of coaching.

Lol i expected changes but got damn. Glad Ainge realized he was washed and stepped down. Im not surprised Stevens is gonna be on some player development shit but i hope we hire Chauncey as a coach

Chauncey
Hammons
I would even f with Lloyd Pierce

something along these lines "former player....give a new kat/assistant a chance to coach" type move I am good wit.

Sighs

How did they underachieve?

It's only the niggas here that continue to push this narrative

Edit: let me clarify my stance. Neither I, or any of the Pelicans beat writers, bloggers, etc thought the Pelicans were going to make the playoffs, and that was assuming a lot of shit had to go their way.

The general consensus was that they might challenge for a play in spot which, technically they were on the cusp of doing that until they finally caught the injury bug late in the season when they needed to win certain games that had tie breaker implications.

But I ain't tryna go back and forth about it either. If you think them not making the playoffs this year is a failure then that's your opinion to have.

how did they underachieve ? There’s no excuse for Memphis still playing and Pelicans being home

with that said, I didn’t expect much from them because SVG was a weak hire Imo. He was bad at his last stop and he’s out of touch

Lonzo and BI still ain’t ironed out their roles on the court.

Pelicans about to pay Lonzo because they can’t just let him walk opposed to knowing what he can do consistently and how good he’s going to be. Contract year, that Should’ve got answered

Bledsoe/Adams, raise your hand if you thought that would work

the Goal is to make the playoffs before you have to start paying everybody. Fail

that’s my perspective though, not a right or wrong 🤷🏾‍♀️

Talk about failing up. Lmao.

it’s a even bigger target on Brad Stevens back now. Lmao.

dont get it twisted I think Stevens is a good coach but it’s kinda wild to see him get promoted to that position without them even looking at other candidates.

Last edited:
Talk about failing up. Lmao.

it’s a even bigger target on Brad Stevens back now. Lmao.

dont get it twisted I think Stevens is a good coach but it’s kinda wild to see him get promoted to that position without them even looking at other candidates.

This kind of thing happens all the time. Especially in sports. It's not what you know its who you know. What made Steve Nash qualified for the Nets job?

How was Magic qualified to be the executive vice predz of bball operations for the lakers, and he failed as a coach. Phil Jackson took on the same role with the knicks and had not qualifications.

Back