Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

His market just went way up

2021 was supposed to be a big huge free agent summer but now everybody locked up

Lebron
AD
Giannis
Paul George
Kawhi a free agent but I dont see him leaving the Clippers

And just like that Jrue Holiday and Rudy Gobert are the best free agents.....They about to get paid
Ahhhh yeah so maybe there’s a chance that if he’s going to get maxed regardless then maybe he can leave and get the same money

But actually I would assume the jazz can pay him more just from him being there his whole career

but then again if the jazz aren’t trying to give him the max they gonna maybe be forced to because they know the money will be there for him from another team in FA

Ahhhh yeah so maybe there’s a chance that if he’s going to get maxed regardless then maybe he can leave and get the same money

But actually I would assume the jazz can pay him more just from him being there his whole career

but then again if the jazz aren’t trying to give him the max they gonna maybe be forced to because they know the money will be there for him from another team in FA

Question for anybody really.

Why max a player that is going to fuck your cap space up to get them the help they need to actually win a ring? On top of that then when you need to trade such player your option is some shit like Wall for Westbrook?

What sense does moving like that make for a team? Maybe yall can show a me a point of view I can't see.

Nah they both are worth the max

think about what Gobert would do for a team like...Boston

I get that but that ain't the case for Utah IMO to give him the max IMO.

So Utah maxed out Mitchell and say they max out Gobert. Where does leave them for the help they need to bring in the players for them to win the west and win the finals?

I get that but that ain't the case for Utah IMO to give him the max IMO.

So Utah maxed out Mitchell and say they max out Gobert. Where does leave them for the help they need to bring in the players for them to win the west and win the finals?
Okay look at it like this....

Gobert is a big reason why Utah is good

Gobert is probably the best rim protector/Runner in the league

If you’re a team like Utah the chance of signing a player that’s all star quality is slim

Gobert sets great screens (lol but it’s important)

There’s no big man the jazz can get that will replace what Gobert gives them and Gobert has the luxury of being in this system for years and has chemistry with the best player on the jazz

Utah not winning the west until Lebron retires anyways

also to your why max a player that’s gonna hamper your cap question...do you know how bad it looks from an organizational standpoint to let Gobert walk? Your FO can’t have a bad rep

Celtics still suffering for trading IT

Also you can’t use Westbrook/wall as an example because that was special circumstances
rockets traded for Chris Paul who had a bad contract for another bad contract in Westbrook to appease harden

when harden said get Russ outta here there were little to no suitors for Russ so their only option was trading for wall who hadn’t played in two years (russ’s contract is that bad and wall also demanded a trade)

Plus when you are trading for a player who got the max from their homegrown franchise it’s kinda hard to trade them without involving a bunch of players

Okay look at it like this....

Gobert is a big reason why Utah is good

Gobert is probably the best rim protector/Runner in the league

If you’re a team like Utah the chance of signing a player that’s all star quality is slim

Gobert sets great screens (lol but it’s important)

There’s no big man the jazz can get that will replace what Gobert gives them and Gobert has the luxury of being in this system for years and has chemistry with the best player on the jazz

Utah not winning the west until Lebron retires anyways

also to your why max a player that’s gonna hamper your cap question...do you know how bad it looks from an organizational standpoint to let Gobert walk? Your FO can’t have a bad rep

Celtics still suffering for trading IT

I did look at it like that and IMO the bold is what fucks with me and why I think about the shit how I do.

Now to the front office part. I can see that. Won't really get equal value but would they get the shit the celtics front office is getting for trading Gobert? Is Gobert really looked at in the same light by the teams fans and league players like IT was for the celtics?

I can agree with the front office pov over the other scenario presented.

Appreciate it!

Smartest thing you've said in this thread.
lol I’ll acknowledge Lebron for once this time

he’s set himself up to win 6 rings and since the lakers created an even bigger gap from the rest of the west than last year (with an even better defensive team) I don’t see any team competing with them. I mean maybe the blazers can give them the most competition just from a matchup standpoint but besides that? Ehh

I did look at it like that and IMO the bold is what fucks with me and why I think about the shit how I do.

Now to the front office part. I can see that. Won't really get equal value but would they get the shit the celtics front office is getting for trading Gobert? Is Gobert really looked at in the same light by the teams fans and league players like IT was for the celtics?

I can agree with the front office pov over the other scenario presented.

Appreciate it!
I mean I get it. Why max Gobert when they not gonna win anyways...but you still gotta sell the idea that you can compete for a championship. You can’t do that letting him walk and then sign who?

Lamarcus Aldridge?

*Gilbert arenas voice* He’s fucking 40 bro* lmao

Back