Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facts. I agree PP is a superior player.

In France, it would be no debate. They think Cantona is crazy overrated, flopped at international level, and was inconsistent at club level.

I just think that his impact for that time is crazy underrated. Obviously impact relies on various factors. He had the best manager of all-time, who was also an excellent team planner. Perhaps most importantly, the level of competition at the top, then, was far weaker than it is now.

Right now, no matter who the player is in word football, If he leaves the prem, the team is not going from champions to relegated.

@CeLLar-DooR

OK, to get into this Cantona v Bergkamp debate lol

Its not even really worth comparing them as they both bought different things to the table...

First off Cantona was one of my heros growing up, dude is still a boss...

If we talking about skills and technical ability then Bergkamp has that era of Dutch schooling that imo puts him on a slightly highier level... He also like 5 years younger so of a different generation... That is not to say that Cantona wasnt a highly skilled technical player though...

BUT, what Cantona bought to Man UTD or even to the EPL was far more impactful...

If it wasnt for Cantona then United would not have won the EPL in 1992 and started the monumental movement that SAF bought to United... Cantona was the final, most important piece of the jigsaw puzzle that MADE Man UTD the equivalent of the 90s Jordan Chicago Bulls dynasty...

King Cantona takes a huge amount of credit and thanks for what United became...

The reason Cantona didnt play much for France was because he did not get along with the French FA, back in the 80s he called the coach 'a bag of shit' on live TV when he got subbed off lol

I think Platini bought him back later on in the early-mid 90s but France were pretty bad back then and Platini got the sack... Then Cantona did his Kung Fu kick and was banned from all international games, obviously during this ban he lost his place, then Zidane took his spot and the team was rebuilt without him and that crazy squad was built in his absence...

At the end of the day, I think Arsenal would have been dope and won without Bergkamp because of their strong experienced squad but United would not have achieved what they did without Cantona...

Last edited:
Not really interested in watching Spurs propaganda. Is the Mourinho content interesting enough in All or Nothing for me give it a chance? Or have I seen most of the interesting snippets on Twitter already?

Wait I just read back and see a King Cantona vs Pogba too???

I would have Cantona over Pogba all day, Cantona actually made us successful and made sure all class of 92 and the remaining old heads bucked their ideas up...

Pogba maybe more skilful etc but Ravel Morrison, Joe Cole and Adel Taarabt also generational talent that they were unable to fulfil... And Pogba has not fulfilled his YET either...

Until Pogba has 2 - 3 seasons of competing for the EPL player of the season or carrying a club team to a title then he cant compete with Cantona or Bergkamp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back