Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
U guys need to be patient, only 5 games into the season and the kid joined u guys late too. Plus, it’s a new league and new Country, takes time to adapt. Maybe Ole is easing him in.

same goes for u Havertz haters.

I partially agree but let's not act like something doesn't smell a bit iffy with VdB. I mean taking aside age and timing of the transfer for a sec, United signed Bruno Fernandes ONLY this year (Jan 2020) and he was thrown straight into the action and been one of the first names on the team sheet ever since.

Evra on VdB
Talking on Sky Sports after the draw with Chelsea, Evra said: ‘We’re talking about Van de Beek… why did we buy him? ‘I have nothing against the kid, but why did we buy Van de Beek? ‘He’s watching the game from the stands every game because we don’t need him. That’s the truth, but people will not say it loud.’

G Neville on VdB

Former United right-back Gary Neville also expressed his own concerns about the signing of Van de Beek during commentary of the draw with Chelsea. ‘He doesn’t seem to be at the forefront of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plans in every game,’ said Neville. ‘It’s a bit of a mystery that one.’

The more he doesn’t start and the more he doesn’t come on the more you’re thinking: “Well £40m player ordinarily you’d get him in the team”. He must be thinking, “What am I doing here?” at this moment in time.’

Sources
https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/25/we-d...ited-over-donny-van-de-beek-signing-13476247/

If Ole really wanted VdB then I guess it was £40m spent on a 23 year old to be back-up to an initial £47m 25-year old signing that came in 6-7 months prior

If Ole really wanted VdB then I guess it was £40m spent on a 23 year old to be back-up to an initial £47m 25-year old signing that came in 6-7 months prior
Exactly. U mfers need to listen to me more often. This was basically what I said after the signing was made and Man Utd fans on here started building statues for the kid. Told u guys he is not this all around midfielder that could fit into any position or any formation. His ideal position is the one Bruno has. For some reason u guys are still trying to convince yourselves he is this box to box midfielder.

The most delusional of all the Man Utd fans on here even said VdB was better than Grealish even though he had barely watched him play, lmao.

By the way, stop posting comments from man Utd fans like Evra and Neville like they are some objective voice of authority.

To expound on VdB, he is different from Bruno in playing style. What makes VdB special is his movement and ability to make beautiful runs into the box, unfortunately, i dont think Man Utd have enough quality players to pick him out when he makes those runs. Maybe just Pogba.

I'm not surprised by Donny not playin'. We clearly didn't need brudda and I didn't think he was that good before we got him

Obvi this was a wack signin' but I feel maybe Ole was in a take him or have no one situation like Jose and Fred

Exactly. U mfers need to listen to me more often. This was basically what I said after the signing was made and Man Utd fans on here started building statues for the kid. Told u guys he is not this all around midfielder that could fit into any position or any formation. His ideal position is the one Bruno has. For some reason u guys are still trying to convince yourselves he is this box to box midfielder.

The most delusional of all the Man Utd fans on here even said VdB was better than Grealish even though he had barely watched him play, lmao.

By the way, stop posting comments from man Utd fans like Evra and Neville like they are some objective voice of authority.

I posted them to illustrate the point that it's not just the casual United fan wondering on VdB.
The only people even talking about him in general are United fans or those in the Netherlands so the bias is there regardless.
Let Ole actually play him and then I'm sure other folks with objectivity can comment/critique

I posted them to illustrate the point that it's not just the casual United fan wondering on VdB.
The only people even talking about him in general are United fans or those in the Netherlands so the bias is there regardless.
Let Ole actually play him and then I'm sure other folks with objectivity can comment/critique
VdB will be fine. He will live up to the expectations that most rational people have about him when he joins Leicester City in a few years.

But lets talk about the elephant in the room, U mfers have your own Mason Mount in form of Daniel James, lol. Ole really loves that guy.

U guys need to be patient, only 5 games into the season and the kid joined u guys late too. Plus, it’s a new league and new Country, takes time to adapt. Maybe Ole is easing him in.

same goes for u Havertz haters.

I get that too but how is he being eased in when hes not playing lol something feels off, that with agent talking reckless feels like he wont be staying too long, hope thats not the case...

I'm not surprised by Donny not playin'. We clearly didn't need brudda and I didn't think he was that good before we got him

Obvi this was a wack signin' but I feel maybe Ole was in a take him or have no one situation like Jose and Fred

Nah when he has played hes looked good and teams like Real dont rarely sign duds... Hope he gets a run of games before people give up on him, atleast give him a chance to prove himself...

Good on Ancelotti starting Pickford, he should only be dropped on football reasons not "moral merits"

With that being said, Pickford really need to pull one out of the bag for his manager backing him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back